Bruno Mars

Cuts Deal in

Coke Possession Case

2/16/2011 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bruno Mars just formally pled guilty today to possession of a controlled substance.

Bruno Mars

Mars was in a Las Vegas courtroom with his lawyer, Blair Berk, when Mars pled guilty to felony cocaine possession, but if he stays out of trouble for 12 months, the charge will be dismissed -- as if it never happened.

Mars is also required to do 8 hours of private counseling and 200 hours of community service with a charitable organization.  He must also pay a $2,000 fine -- which he's paying today ... because he has Bruno Mars money.

Berk tells TMZ, "We are very pleased  that the prosecution has agreed to dismiss the charge."

As we previously reported, Bruno was arrested in September at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino after a bathroom attendant told security a man was doing coke in the bathroom.

WillOTheWisp

Oooo, I could stare at his picture all day, and get my hands caught all up in his curly black hair!!!
I don't need no HRT, just some Bruno Mars!

All those '82,303,260...' hits on his YouTube 'grenade' video, those were all me!! Ha-ha!!
Ooooo!

Imma go look at it again!!

WillOTheWisp

I don't need no HRT, just some Bruno Mars!

All those '82,303,260......' hits on his YouTube 'grenade' video, those were all me!! Ha-ha!!
Ooooo!

Imma go look at it again!!

Brad

pff... bunch of BS...i am a canadian citizen and my father is a American citizen... i never got the priviledge of growing up with him bc he got kicked outta Canada for coke possesion. Unfair and Unjust. For that reason i wish we were celebs.

Stupid People Hater

Looks like Butthead. Remember that show on MTV?

annette

You can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the...

Snooki

OMG this guy is so hot and talented. More Bruno Mars please, TMZ!

gustavo

good singer/ artist but what a bunch of crap!

Kifferslady

Well there you go. Yet another young person with a boatload of cash stuffing white crap up their nose. I'm SO surprised. Hey, if you want to blow some of your money send it my way. I have bills I need to pay!!!!

Natalie

ONE WORD....BULL****! FELONY!!!! Drug Possession and this ******* gets away scott free??? Screw this judge and the corrupt legal system he is employed under. I am tired of these so called "stars" getting away with murder (literally). Any other Joe Schmo get the book tossed at them and spends years in prison....This underserving little punk will learn NOTHING from this horse**** of a sentence

Chimeny

It started to be everyone's buisness when he did it in a public place.

Chris

I don't understand where you people get all this crap about "Hollywood Justice" and stars getting off easy. I've seen redneck idiots here in Ohio get 6 DUIs and still end up driving around. In high school and college I've watched a ton of people get out of alcohol and drug charges. I guess we get the same "Hollywood Justice" out here in the midwest...

serena :)

hes bomb;)

carissa26

oh who cares so he got caught for drugs big deal what entertainer has not got caught for that i still love him and his music and will stand behind him 100%

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3