Michael Lohan

I Booked Lindsay on Letterman

2/16/2011 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan has revealed HE is the mystery person who booked Lindsay Lohan on "Letterman" this week ... and tells TMZ he only signed her up after getting the green light from Lindsay herself.

Lindsay Lohan Letterman

In case you haven't heard -- Letterman had to issue a retraction this morning, explaining Lindsay would not be doing the "Top 10" bit on Thursday as they had announced yesterday -- after Lindsay tweeted that she NEVER agreed to do the show.

Letterman's people released a statement explaining how someone "purporting to be a friend of Lindsays" reached out to them and made the booking ... but Dave's camp didn't reveal the name of the friend.

But Michael says he was behind it -- telling TMZ he got the idea after Dave cracked a joke at Lindsay's expense during Friday's "Top 10" ... and Lindsay was into it.

Michael says Lindsay "knew full well" about the booking ... they even discussed transportation from the L.A. studio, where Lindsay would be doing the bit via satellite.

Michael insists everything was going smoothly  -- until Lindsay's reps got wind of the appearance and shut it down.

Now, Michael tells us he's pissed -- adding, "Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Soetoro

Lets be honest, her days of sitting next to Dave being asked questions have long since past. She's be lucky to nail down an interview with anyone at this point. Im sure it took God's work for Dave to let the sideshow act read the Top 10. Lets be honest, the world was only going to laugh at her. Nothing more.

susan

This is Michael Lohan attempting to exploit his daughter yet again, as if selling the 3 year old tapes and attempting to sell pages of her diary wasn't enough. He is beneath contempt.

Meme

Soetoro, I don't want to see her taking up space on Letterman (I have a hard time watching him interview the people I do like).

It just made me laugh seeing the "someone not authorised" as per Letterman when I've been reading Nicole and Sitting Bull saying "She'll be on Letterman and you'll all SEE SUCKERS!!!!!" only to be told that was all made up just like the sane people on here said it was.

I was being sarky when I said it made sense her dad did it.

Soetoro

Michael Lohan selling her stuff is classic, didn't know that. Just googled it, wow what a total d-bag. I mean between him and Dina the perfume saleswomen, did she even have a chance? Just good old trailer camp, tornado bait white trash.

Rose5491

Some random thoughts and questions:

1) Daddy Lohan once again proves that he's a douchebag idiot. But we already knew that.

2) Have to agree with Ernie that one doesn't go on national TV making jokes with David Letterman 6 days before you are going to court for a felony charge and probation violation and then try and tell the judge and the A.D.A. that you are taking your precarious legal situation seriously.

3) If Daddy Lohan doesn't have any money... and we know that Lindsay is broke (massive debts).. who is paying the $7K/month rent for her place in Venice and who is paying the bills for Dina, Michael Jr, Ali and Cody?

4) Why does she need professional management? She hasn't worked in years... except for a couple of days here and there. Why would any self-respecting manager want to work with any of the Lohans?

5) I would never pay one penny to see Linsday Lohan do anything.

6) I would not tune in to watch any TV program that she is on... not even for the train wreck entertainment.... and certainly wouldn't watch any of her movies on TV. I have much better things to do with my time...

7) Even I am getting tired of LL. Time to put her in jail and throw away the key.

8) To the 2 people who told us to go to Merrick, Long Island and ask the people there what Daddy Lohan did..... why don't you tell us instead?? ... if you really know. It must not be a secret locally .. from what you are saying. Do you live there?

Meme

Soetoro, again, why just blame her dad?

I'm sure Nicole and Sitting Bull don't even like him but they were the people that were going "she'll be on Letterman, just you WAIT!"

Then TMZ blames her father. He wasn't posting on here bragging about her Letterman appearance, they were. She didn't twit (or is it tweet?) because of something he said it was stuff they said.

"Clearly not authorized" should be a reply to anything they say in the future.

I know this sounds like I'm sticking up for her dad, I'm defo not. Just TMZ is conviently forgetting the braggarts in their own comments section that reckoned they were "in the know" when really they were "in the outs and laughed at by Letterman"

Soetoro

Mike Lohan ran commodity brokerage scams. He was banned from wall st, changed his name, came back, arrested again, went to jail for fraud. He's just a boiler room rip off artist nothing more.

sean

Dina (Sully)Lohan is a filthy pig!She as guiding stagemother has whored her daughters out to Hollywood taught them to lie,cheat and steal everything that is not bolted down,and now she is trying to shift the blame on Mike Sr. people do not buy Lindsay Lohan movies on dvd or her records so if having some old movie airing on 1 of 300 channels and being the punchline to TEN jokes at 1 in the morning is healthy happy living for the Trollhans I say back to jewel thief your pretnd Letterman gig is over.Guilty as charghed.

Rose5491

Posted at 3:51 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Soetoro
------------------------------

With those 2 as parents, she really didn't have a chance and I DO feel sorry for her having been born to those two.

And she certainly had only bad role models growing up, so it's no wonder that she started off on the wrong path at a young age (drinking and drugging and, most likely, shoplifting since she was a young teenager.)

But... since she has been an adult, she has had many chances to turn her life around and she throws those chances away because she doesn't think she has any problems and she has an arrogant self-entitlement attitude that is truly repulsive.

That is.. of course, over and above her drinking, drugging, lying, cheating, stealing... etc etc etc.

Nikki

LMFAO! Sitting Bull is smoking the pipe (again) today if they really think that that David and Jessica think the world of Lying Lindsay
Dave totally trashed her and Jessica being the sweet gitl that she is, was just being polite

Jessica Alba could give a flying hoot about Lying Lindsay

Oh Sitting Bull that was funny, thanks for giving me more reason to laugh at YOU and Lying Lindsay

Soetoro

I agree ML isn't the only person to blame here, I was just using their endless drama to take a shot at that clown. He used his Mom's maiden name to run his scams, he's retarded. Dina is retarded. Its amazing Lindsay has made it this far. Lets be honest, Lohans are built for mopping floors.

haha

Well, if Jessica Alba thinks you're talented, you have arrived. Hahahahahaha.

Rose5491

Posted at 4:00 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Soetoro
---------------------

I had read about his professional con artist past and his convictions and time in prison, but some on here are implying that there is a lot more known locally about the family dynamics.

I have NO doubt that when Lindsay was young that Michael Sr. and Dina were drinking and drugging heavily and lying and cheating and stealing and who knows what else.....

Meme

"163.

Posted at 4:00 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Soetoro"

Am I saying he is more? All I'm saying is why is he solely getting the blame when HE wasn't the one on here saying "she'll be on Letterman just you WAIT HATERS!!!!".

The people that said that clearly can't stand her dad. The people that said it was bollocks clearly believe that Nicole et all are her mother. Both of her parents are stuffed in the head.

I'd love to continue this conversation but I have to go down the police station about the girl that beat my daughter up last Friday (been reading this as a diversion) 'cos they don't seem to understand that beating a 14 year old in the head 7 times warrants their intervention. Hell the school is saying even though she has a discipline record as long as her arm she should be allowed back at school with "conditions". Bad upbringing, dontcha know?

If she gets away with it she'll merrily carry on doing what she's doing much like Lindsay Lohan 'cos everyone feels so SORRY for her.

sean

Some of the locals said that Daddy put the pee pee in the poo poo