« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick BAILS on 'Oprah' Interview

2/16/2011 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has canceled plans to do a sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey ... in what would have been his first major interview since being released from prison.

0216_michael_vick_oprah_BN

So far, no word on why Vick pulled the plug.

Mike has one hell of a story to tell -- after seemingly turning his life around and putting together an unbelievable season with the Eagles after being out of the game for two years.

UPDATE: Vick released a statement saying, “After careful consideration, I will need to postpone the taping of the Oprah Winfrey interview scheduled for February 22."

He continues, "I admire and respect Oprah and hope to be able to participate in an interview in the future.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I wish he would sit down with someone else. Oprah doesn't let her guests talk much...she is usually running her mouth.

Posted at 2:20 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Chia
***************************

True. Maybe he should got to Piers.

Susan

Probably heard that she was going to ask the questions that people really wanted to hear answers to and didn't want to answer them. He had to know that she is a "dog person" and wasn't going to let him off easy like everyone else has.

Melissa

he's disgusting for what he did to dogs. no wonder he backed out. he's s***. like others said- he's not sorry he did it, he's sorry he got caught.

texasknight1

" after seemingly turning his life around and putting together an unbelievable season with the Eagles after being out of the game for two years."

yea and last year the same eagles fans were boo'ing and protesting that he go away..look at this year!... look! you guys made the freaking playoffs!.. and lost! but still you made it... this guy is meant to be play in a superbowl.. eventually he can will/can get there.. and thats the difference between Mike and other QB's .. most have the potential.. this guy has the destiny... he will go to a bowl and become a MVP... so it be and so it is.. this is what shall come.... now the year that this occurs is the real question.

now all that dog whinning is voided..

he's paid for his crime and is moving on with his life.
Leave it be..

some folks just cant forgive and move on and will nag nag nag like old hags with a vengenence at the world and others.. get over it and go get a life!

refer to cindy sheehan... thanks and have a great day.

VolleyballPrincess05

He DOES know this is her last season, right?!
Too bad, that's an interview I would watch.

kp

dog killer, never changed,

kp

he paid for his crime, bull -- some one that disgusting to the core will never never be clean, his soul is so dark Did every one forget what he did,

Polly

If he hadn't gotten caught he would still be involved in dogfighting. Sure he has paid his dues, but I don't believe someone can suddenly develop compassion for dogs after what he did, and I'll bet Oprah was gonna cal him on it.

baby

he dont deserve a second chance, do the animals he tortured get a 2nd chance?

Christy

He's a coward in every aspect of the word. I don't really care what he has to say anyway..so it's ok with me. Can't stand the sight of him.

Bippy

Oh my - afraid of a woman?? I bet he thought that he might end up nutless since she may have castrated him - using verbage only!!

anony

He was probably pisssed that Oprah bet with Piers Morgan on who was going to get him first.

Missy

Michael Vick has paid a very severe punishment for a very severe crime, and now it's time to forgive and give him a second chance. Let it go, people!! I don't believe he would dream of getting back into dogfighting.

Posted at 2:16 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Carol Ann

We don't have to "let it go" Carol Ann! What he did was way beyond wrong and I, for one, will not forget it or forgive his cruel actions!

Jmae

I agree with anony. I think Mike was not happy that Piers and Oprah making public bets regarding the interview. It is best that he move on because there was a lot of Twitter talk about it and that just made the interview seem like a much bigger deal than it was meant to be. I watched the 60 Minutes interview and I think that it all he should speak about the matter. Oprah is very phony and probably would have put her own thoughts and feelings into the interview which would just annoy me and not make me even want to watch the interview. She

funkybrew

It has been fairly well publicized that Oprah and Piers Morgan were in a bet over who could get him first. Both Oprah and Morgan talked about this openly on Twitter etc. Vick called both camps saying that he wanted to participate, but couldn't be involved in anything involving a bet - even if he is not the beneficiary. It would be a violation of his parole agreement. So Oprah actually publicly pulled out the "bet" to be in the clear... but Morgan wouldn't let it go on Twitter. So I think Vick pulled out so he wouldn't get caught up in the bet... whether it happens or not.