Hasselhoff SHOCKER

I'm Not Who You Think I Am

2/17/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Hasselhoff NEVER starred in "Baywatch" ... and if you ask him what he does for a living, he'll tell you he's a power tech from Texas ... but here's the craziest part -- he ain't lying.

0217_hasselhoff_launch_ex_2
Here's the deal -- the bald guy who ate at Geisha House in Hollywood last night is ALSO named David Hasselhoff ... but he's a power technician from Texas.

Turns out ... Bald Hoff and German pop star Hoff are switching lives for a new CBS reality show -- in which celebs trade places with normal people who happen to share the same name.

So while this Hoff is living in the "Baywatch" star's L.A. mansion and eating at fancy restaurants ... the Knight Rider Hoff is trudging around Texas somewhere, probably getting electrocuted.

lou

Imagine if your name was...Lindsay Lohan and you had to trade places with La Lohan:

You'd get to go to bed with Sam, rob a jewelry store and RUN like hell to escape, toss down enough dope to make you want to grab somebody else's car and chase people...and just think, when you went back to your own life, you'd have no life left after La Tornado went through it.

Cheekee

That last paragraph is hilarious!

Polly

I think it sounds fun. I used to know a girl named Brittany Spears (not spelled the same as the "real" Britney does), and I'll bet she'd have a blast being "famous" for a week.

Gerrie

Way to go cuz, I agree with my sis! I think it's awesome that you got to do this once in a lifetime experience! Most people would dream of doing something this cool, and who cares who it is! It's just an experience most will never say they got to do but you get to say you did!!! I would love to hear all about it!!!

DV

I can assure you he is safe and sound after an evening singing a few songs with the Stephen Chadwick Brown band and doing some pictures and autographs at Kicks Club in Angleton, TX last night. No electrocution and it was actually pretty fun :)

Menocu

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Elle Bleu

There was a show in the 1950s called "The Name's the Same" where guests who have the same name as famous persons (or fictional character) were quizzed by panelists who then had 10 guesses to figure out who there were.

Melissa

Cool story be "is trudging around Texas somewhere, probably getting electrocuted." Really? is that what you all came up with WOW if that doesnt scream stereo typing gees wierdo's UM AND YES I am from Texas what of it

Leslie

I think is the coolest thing ever! the "bald" David is a family friend ours! And being from a small town its definetly the talk of the town! I think that most reality shows are dumb and pointless. But I think anyone that shares a name with a celebrity would love to do this! I know I would!

Leslie

WTG Bubby!

NickSunset

How bout I just beat his ass and we call it even?

Mark

Actually Sean was close, but not quite correct. The Hoff was at Kick's Nightclub last night in Angleton, TX. They are at Kicksclub dot com. I also have pics from a bunch of my facebook friends.

JoeBlowIsBack

Honestly Harvey/TMZ...you guys are slipping. Crap non-stories like this and anything related to Fat Gary and that Teen Mom debacle are not why myself nor many others come to this site. Stick with actual real celebrities before you become the next Weekly World News. Very disappointed in you guys.

Jerry

There is a guy in jail in Colorado named Dave Navarro. Maybe they SHOULD switch.

Patricia

I live in the area where actor David Hasselhoff was. I saw him last night at one of our Country Bar/Dance clubs. He danced and sang to us. It was really something neat. I got video and pictures of him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments