'5 Browns' Dad Pleads Guilty to Abusing Daughters

2/17/2011 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The father of classical piano group "The 5 Browns" just pled guilty to sexually abusing his three daughters back when they were children -- and now faces up to life in prison.

5 Browns

His daughters -- now aged 26, 30, 32 -- decided to call the police on their father after learning he planned to manage other child musicians.

55-year-old Keith Scott Brown was charged with one count of first-degree felony sodomy upon a child, and two counts of second-degree felony sexual abuse of a child.

According to court documents, the abuse lasted sporadically from 1990-1998.

Sentencing is scheduled for March -- and he faces anywhere between ten years to life in prison.

TrumanD

Very disturbing. This man is no father. My sympathy to the daughters, and major respect for coming out in order to stop other children from being destroyed. That took a lot of courage on their part. Pedophiles are the lowest of the low, worse than murderers in my book. They don't belong in jail, they belong under the jail. Surely there is a special place in hell for people like this man.jmo.
I hope their coming out with this helps them to heal and get beyond it, if that's even possible. God bless them.

G

There is no doubt that what Dad did was just disgusting. I just think that it is very adult of his daughters to make sure that it did not happen to other kids! Godspeed.

Uncle Leo

Who the F* are these people?

Kim

Good for them...they did the right thing even if it was a difficult decision.

kingborg

Why is everyone so uptight! Sex education should begin at home. They were home schooled & this is the thanks the father gets. People are too uptight about sex in this country. Think about it, I thought you were all liberal about education etc.
Just Thinking
Rico

Posted at 2:30 PM on Feb 17, 2011 by Rico Suavy

---------------------------------------------------

you are 1 sick ****!

Rene

in some states there is no statute of limitations for sexual abuse of a child. For many states, the SOL starts AFTER the victim turns 18 and runs for years.

jim

Responding to a comment on here as to why the mother didn't do something about this. The nature of a sick family - notice I didn't say Dad - is to "circle the wagons" and protect the secrets. People are always shocked by why victims don't speak up sooner. Sick people don't marry healthy people. For every addict, there's an enabler. A shrink once told me that when he saw families in which he knew abuse was going on, the children/victims would almost always gravitate to the abuser. Until you've been in this situation, I don't think you can make a judgement on how you'd react. People don't just wake up one day and start molesting there kids. There is always a slow, cancerous growth of this sort of abuse.

Written from experience.

Hey Now

"I guess this is the modern way to create publicity for a group nobody ever heard of before."

LOL

My first thought when I heard this story was "who?" - I thought hard and I still couldn't remember any group like this.

In fact, I almost thought they would be black - just as a play off of '5 Browns' but I see that I was wrong.

Spanky

You guys are idiots, Mormons don't all sexually abuse their kids. In fact I live in Utah and am good friends with tons of Mormons and I have never met a sexually abused Mormon. Get to know one before you judge them.

Its terrible what happened. Kudos to them for speaking up so it will never happen again.

Eye Opener

So to all you Mike Vick haters out there....this is what a SICK BASTARD is!! AND THIS MONSTER WAS HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT! B.S.!! What an EVIL CREEP to do this to his family and not just to one, two..but three (and more am sure)?? Come on! THIS is SICK!!! So maybe rather than people wasting their energy hating on people trying to do good, you'd look at situation like this and stop and think.....'THIS IS WHAT OUR SOCIETY HAS COME TO'? 'DOGS GET A LOUDER PUBLIC VOICE...THAN HUMANS'??

FREAK'S like Mr. Brown & Charlie Sheen and sooooo many more are the kind of "vilian's" that need to be in jail!!.....aaah but I guess that's whatcha call SHOWBIZ...a place of plenty secrets....(sad)

God help us...

Canadasux

Child abusers need the death penalty enacted on them. But, WHO ARE ANY OF THESE PEOPLE?

angelwolf333

i know i will get hate for this but isnt there a 7 year law if it is not murder you cant be prosacuted for crime a crime that happened more then 7 years past?

AlysrianXian

Skinhead1969: Are they Mormon?

Srsly? Do you even know any LDS members? There are bad apples in EVERY religion, maybe you should have asked "ARE THEY CATHOLIC?"

Angel

DEATH PENALTY

DEATH PENALTY

THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHEN WE SHOULD KILL, AND I AN OPPOSED TO THE DEATH PENALTY.

NOT ANYMORE

I AM SICK OF PEOPLE ABUSING KIDS, THEY SHOULD ALL DIE IF YOU BEAT, TORTURE, RAPE, ETC.. EVEN ONE TIME, YOU DIE!!

Angel

WHEN YOU USE GOD TO GET OFF, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F*CKED.

I WANT TO BEAT THIS MAN FOR 12 HOURS STRAIGHT.

FEEL SO SORRY FOR THESE KIDS, THEY MAY END UP HATING GOD , THANKS TO THIS SOB, AND NOW THEY HAVE EMOTIONAL SCARRING, SEVERELY, DEEP BETRAYAL, THE KIND YOU WILL NEVER HEAL FROM.

SO D*MAN SAD!!!

MY HEART POURS OUT TO THEM.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments