Gabriel Aubry -- Mum on Custody Battle

2/19/2011 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's a reasonable question .... whether fathers usually get shafted in custody battles -- but Halle Berry's baby daddy Gabriel Aubry had no response this morning in New York.

0219_gabriel_aubry_vid_launch_EX
Who knows, maybe he'll catch another flight back to JFK in a couple weeks to visit his daughter ... while Halle shoots scenes for her new movie "New Year's Eve" -- then again ... maybe not.

Me

Halle played the race card when she shouldn't have played it. If he hated black ppl so much then why in the hell would he have been with a black woman and have a baby with her? The baby needs BOTH parents. I am starting to thing Halle has control issues and this is how she is trying to control Aubry. Hit him where it hurts the most by taking his daughter away from him. She needs to start thinking about what is important for the child.

Gabriel Aubry, good for you for not feeding into the bull and keeping quiet. Your silence is golden.

Kat

"given the fact that the mother carries the baby inside her body for over 9 months and then pushes said baby out of her VAGINA! and on top of that, she feeds the baby, WITH HER OWN BODY for the first few years of its life.... i'm going to have to say that the mom (unless she's bat-**** crazy) deserves to have custody of her kid."

Really? It's THAT simple huh? Well in this case the mom IS bat **** crazy but even if she wasn't the FATHER has rights! Go burn your bra somewhere else, this is not the right venue for it.

Sincerity

Gabriel Aubry withdrew his previous custody petition when the judge ruled in Halle Berry's favor. I doubt seriously, if he cares to engage the press at all. She's the one who's primarily providing for their child and perhaps it's time for him to do much more in this arena. When they were together, Halle did what she could to assist him in financial matters but it wasn't something she was willing to do indefinitely. Co-parenting shouldn't be about encouraging "co-dependencies".

HairbySapphire

wow...

Me

OMG, where do I even start? I am a mom of two kids. Their father left us 2.5 years ago and has lived a 'less than desirable' lifestyle ever since. I gave birth and breastfed both of our kids (most women who breastfeed their kids do so for about a year average). Does that mean they can't see their dad whom they both love very much? Yes, he has made some decisions that would make me want to put out a fire on his face with a fork but that doesn't mean he isn't their father. They love him and he loves them. There are too many absentee parents in the world right now, why try to punish the parents who DO want to be active in the kids lives? It is just being selfish and arrogant to take one parent out of the picture out of spite. If there are legitimate concerns about abuse, those things should be before a court. Not the media.

HarlotO'Hara

Me...terrific post!

Hey Now

Gabriel is obviously not in the mood for TMZ today. And the rest of you guys - leave Halle alone. (yes - because I said so)

Kelly

Stop whining about fathers getting the shaft TMZ
The woman only wanted to take the baby for a week for Gods sake so she can work, tell me he hasn't gone a week without seeing his child before.

This story so far is about spite nothing more

gmfuhlman

What you don't know is that he has done now is re filed for paternity which will not be open to the public unlike the custody petition case, and he hoped it will lead to a ruling on visitation and support. So see he still after the same thing, but doing it away from the public. Plus this has more to do with Halle money and nothing to do about his daughter. If you think about it he could have had his name on her birth certificate when she was born as the father. Why now that she is going to be three in a few weeks? Because she was footing all of the bills etc., this is only one of the reasons they break up. And after she started dating Olivier she cut off his funds that he was getting too used of. Yes he is a model but we didn’t know able him until Halle. Model only makes money when they are working, and right now he isn’t.

gmfuhlman

Kelly you are so very right it is about spite and nothing more. He wanted her to leave their child with him. She waited a long time to have this child, and why would she leave their child with him. What she said was extended times. This to me means he can have her for very short period of times and he is okay. When he went on the shoot with her for the movie "Dark Tide," he was paid to be with their daughter. But his hopes were that they would get back together. But she moved on to Olivier, and this made him very jealous. Because she is a mom who love her daughter, and is trying to be the best that she knows how for her daughter. What I have learned in my life is you don’t believe everything you read or hear. Because there is always two sides of a story, and we don’t know what the true story is.

colin

I like Halle Berry in the movies, she seems nice. I don't know much about Gabriel Aubry except he's a very good looking man. I don't know how they care for the child but I question Halle Berry accusations. If Gabriel wasn't a good parent, said racial remarks and all these allegations she has made then why haven't they been brought up earlier. It's not as if she isn't more likely to win custody anyways - she's the mom, she's rich and has the money to fight for custody. It would've been a slam dunk with these allegations earlier so why know. It seems false to me and really making me think it's all made up -- but whenever it's brought up on the news shows no one ever mentions why she didn't bring up the racist remarks earlier. I don't I feel for this guy cause now I think Halle Berry is lying. Just my thoughts

colin

sorry made some mistakes " It would've been a slam dunk with these allegations earlier so why know. " should be why now

"I don't I feel for this guy cause now I think Halle Berry is lying. " I don't know I ..... cause I think HB is lying"

JLS

They DO get shafted many times. Just because you are a mother doesn't mean you are the best parent to have primary custody.

Many dads are the best bet to mentor children.

Gabriel looks so sad. It's heartbreaking that because of who Halle is and the money she has for lawyers, he's in this shape. So very wrong....

lorjon

13? But Halle is batty! First she says she is afraid for her child, that Gabriel is terrifying the poor little girl and next thing when she gets her way in court to go to NY with the kid, she allows him to spend time with his daughter? Huh?

If my kid's dad were so bad as she says, racist and everything, I would not be going off to make a movie but I would continue to fight to make sure he wouldn't spend a minute with the kid! Makes no sense at all and just another bimbo tactic on Halle's part (and bad for her daughter).

This guy has so much class. I hope that all he endured being a foster child will help him to fight for custody of his daughter. It's obvious his daughter comes first BECAUSE HE DOESN"T FEED THE PRESS TO GET HIS WAY but thinks about her first.

JLS

Halle has come out of every single serious relationship or marriage she's had and done this sort of thing to the man involved with her-I'm old enough to remember all too well. Wild accusations and she was blameless for the failure. What started this particular event rolling is she saw Aubrey with Kim Kardashian and was jealous. She can move on with other men, but doesn't want Aubrey to do the same. Within all this ownership, she sports a desire to pick the women he can see.

We've been watching the ultimate disrespect for the man who is the father of her daughter. My opinion of her has dropped into the toilet. There was no good reason to take the child to NY and hire nannies while she films. Gabriel was here at home and could have enjoyed the week with her. Better dad than NY and a stranger. This was nothing short of cruel and I'm sure there is more to come. This is quintessential Halle Berry.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments