Oksana's $15 Million Lawyer Goes After Her

2/19/2011 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ...the lawyer who negotiated the $15 million settlement with Oksana Grigorieva -- the settlement she signed and then disavowed -- is going after her for his fee.

0218_eric_george_oksana_EX_TMZ_Getty

Eric George has initiated legal action against Mel Gibson's ex, claiming he did his job in securing a settlement, and the fact that she later disavowed it does not let her off the hook in paying his fee.

According to arbitration documents -- obtained by TMZ -- George's firm is entitled to 10% of the compensation he won for Oksana.  The total sum of the settlement was $15 million, but we're told George's fee did not include a percentage of the portion that was earmarked for child support.

Oksana has refused to pay George and filed legal docs trying to dismiss his claim, but we've learned that motion was denied.

The D.A. is now considering whether to file extortion charges against Oksana, with Mel's camp claiming she used the explosive audio tapes as leverage to make the $15 million deal -- threatening to release them if she didn't get paid.

fuddyduddy

Majestik...I know it! Shuffle Demon has me doubled over and I just got up for a glass of milk and was going back to bed!!! LOL

Posted at 2:25 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Um sorry, if you got up for a drink, you are now in our power LOL. Itès not just what Shuffle Demon says, look at the rest of Team MeléTeam Truth say.

WTF...sorry guys, I donèt know why I have that e with he exantigue on it for the commas or the apostroghies. For some reason I have a french computer keyboard now, what the hell is this and how do I get rid of it. I have already shut off my computer and rebooted it, do I need to do it aginÉ

Posted at 2:35 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by Majestik
I know it, Majestik! There are so many great comics on this board! Everyone has a different style and I've had a great many laughs here! It's wonderful! :)

About that keyboard...eff it! As long as it's not in Greek we can manage. Hell...with reading Sweetheart posts, a little French is not a big deal! LOL

fuddyduddy

Fuddy, wouldn't EG hurt her case rather than help it? It seems as though he wasn't down for using the DV scam.

Posted at 2:01 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by constantpeace
Constantpeace...that's what I think, but I think Horowitz would have tried to limit EG's testimony. He was already trying to limit what EG said to the DA. I don't think EG would have helped OG's argument in setting aside the mediate agreement at all, but the thing is --before Horowitz would even ask EG questions on the stand, then OG had to waive that privilege. And OG is trying desperately to have that mediated agreement set aside.

fuddyduddy

I have posted this before also, but I think that when OG got the bill from EG, is also possibly when she decided she wanted to renegotiate the 'monetory'. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she flipped out when she got his invoice and that's when she rang him up and wanted to bring in DV into the picture and renegotiate. Seems that Ms. OG, the smarty that she thinks she is, overlooked attorney fees. Then again, she is the one who initiated this and had EG send the demand letter to Mel.

LA me

Maj
Your computer isn't used to being active during "our twilight" hours!!

Again....Glad to have the "day folks" join in with us during "our" normal hours. I tend to think us night folks are more fun!! And the 2 best parts about it are:

No Trolls
Nobody remembers what you said at these hours. It's like Las Vegas....What's said in LV, stays in LV (except for those few die hards that insist on reading EVERY past post)

Skydancer

Wooo hooooo! Ox, cough up the monetary! LOL

What goes around comes around!

fuddyduddy

For readers here...the LA Times mentioned that EG and OG were in mediation over the fee she owes him, and this article references arbiration do***ents --- mediation is a type of ADR (alternative dispute resolution), so this part is a little confusing. Is it mediation or arbitration? They are different.

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 2:51 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by fuddyduddy
---------------------------------------------------------
fuddy... I think OxSanity ws hopoing that the Judge would order Mel tpo pay EG's bill.. and when he didn't she tried to claim I didn't get any mon ey so I don't owe you nothing... but she screwed herself when she signed on to the tenative agreement... because by law EG has done what he was tasked to do, OxSanity is the one who walked..so she is the one who is still going to have to pay for the services rendered....She ought to have known that she risked still being stuck with those costs, because she decided to diavow the agreement

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 2:55 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by fuddyduddy
========================================================

fuddy could be the article referanced the wrong term, but if the Judge ordered it I think iw would have been ADR, and if they could have reached a settlement then the suit would have been dismissed... the fact the Gold Digger never wanted to pay isn't really a suprise...

fuddyduddy

Shuffle Demon...you are so right, and I agree that I think OG thought the judge would make Mel pay the 1.5 million to EG. I think Horowitz thought Mel would pay and from his comments on TMZ Live, probably used the argument that the mediated settlement was for Lucia. The thing is, it was partly about Lucia and partly for OG. Also, OG was the one who initiated mediation from what we know. She is the one who had EG send a demand letter to Mel. So, you are right, EG did his job and he secured a settlement for OG. I don't see how she'll get out of it. The only way I could see it happening is if she prevails in having the mediated agreement set aside. Then she could argue that since the mediated agreement was set aside, then she should not have to pay EG's fee since the mediated agreement was determined void and null. BUT, it's very telling from above that Judge Gordon denied her motion to dismiss EG's claim, so I think that is an indication on how Judge Goron will rule on setting the mediated agreement aside -- he won't. Judge Gordon apparently sees the 1.5 million owed to EG as a valid and reasonable fee for services rendered in securing a mediated settlement; the job was done.

observer77

What is that odd indentation all around the edge of her lips?

fuddyduddy

Posted at 2:55 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by fuddyduddy
========================================================

Posted at 3:02 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by Shuffle Demon
________________________________________________________________

SD -- mediation and arbitration are both types of ADR. Mediation is done between the parties and they try to come to an agreement, often times with the help of a mediator. Arbitration is where a mediator takes both sides under consideration and then comes to a decision, and that decision can be binding or non-binding.

Fidel's niece

O$kanky is a deadbeat,
she expects others to
pay her bills.

Larry, HELP ME, Larry!

***Team Mel***

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 3:05 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by fuddyduddy
---------------------------------------------------------------

I agree Fuddy... and the thing is if you look at what has gone sans the increase in child support that OxSanity got, I think the Judge is following along the lines of the mediated agreement in regards to custody and access for Mel... the agreement had called for increased visittation as Lucia has gotten older, well so has the agreement, the Judge has so far from my view follow right along with what they agreed on... I poersonally think OxSanity will be stuck with it, since her only real reason that she disavowed it was greed, not custody and access issues for Mel as she claimed...

fuddyduddy

I bet OG ends up filing for bankruptcy after all of this. She'll blame Mel though. And she'll blame the courts and how she was bullied. And she'll blame H&Co. for telling her lies. And she'll blame all of the other 'lowers' before them that told her she had a case.

Shuffle Demon

What is that odd indentation all around the edge of her lips?

Posted at 3:07 AM on Feb 19, 2011 by observer77
---------------------------------------------------------

thata the remenants of gettting collagen injected into her lips way too much... after a while your start to see the deformations occur..Lisa rinni had that happen as well and she has to have some sugery to cosmetically correct it