'American Idol' Finalist Hospitalized

2/23/2011 10:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- one of the top 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- was rushed to a hospital moments ago after complaining of severe stomach pains ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized

Sources connected to the show tell us ... 19-year-old Abrams was rehearsing at CBS Television City when he began to feel sick.

We're told Abrams was taken to a nearby hospital -- where he's expected to stay overnight ... possibly longer.

And it gets worse -- now that Abrams has made the top 24, he's scheduled to tape a performance on Friday ... along with the rest of the top 12 men. But if Abrams is not well enough to take the stage on Friday, we're told he will be eliminated from the competition.

Abrams is currently being examined by doctors.

debbiedoesnothing

WTF, TMZ?!? Spoiler in the headline? I just watched tonight's episode. They weren't going to announce that he went through until tomorrow night.

R

See, this is an example of IRONY, boys and girls. TMZ posts a spoiler for American Idol (parent company of both is FOX) when Idol rules with an iron fist against spoilers. TMZ is out of control.

beautyvicious

Oh come on. Everyone and their grandmother knew he was making it into the Top 24, don't act so shocked.

I hope he gets better though, he's a total fan favorite :( :(

jennagirl69

he is one of my favorites!!! Please get well and return. That would suck you worked so hard for this.. Idol this year is FANTASTC!!!!!

sunshinerad

wow, and he was one of the ones who could really actually sing.

gablegirl

Wow and he is yet to be named to the top 24.

Wishing him the best, tho!

Krista

Why did you put the "Final 24"? We don't even know all the final 24 yet! I hope Fox gets really upset with you guys!

kingborg

how ye forget sooo fast! this show was filmed last week!!

MJFan4Life

I'd almost be willing to bet he stays sick, forcing him to drop out of the competition. Then they are gonna bring the guy back (forgot his name?) with the wife or g/f who was in the car crash. You know, that guy J-Lo was really upset about leaving. I wouldn't doubt it.

And AI will probably still give this Casey guy a record deal for just playing along with the story line.

Titina

Maybe it is apendicitis?
He is one of the most talented in the competition! Pls get well Casey! Pls get well!
We need you on AI! THe show without you would completely suck. You are the reason I am watching.
Oh man.. I hope they tape his part on Monday to give him time to recover. Usually if it is apendicitis it takes two days to be fine.

Burnz

#26 MJFan4Life - That is exactly whats going to happen. We figured that one out right after the news of Abrams being sent to the hospital. Medina is going to come back and Jennifer will stop crying. Too funny!

Pink Dahlia

I'am sorry to hear this.I really like him. Hope he gets better soon.

DatDogBitez

Any update on Casey Abrams? I love the guy's voice and droll personality. It'll be extremely disappointing if he can't make the Friday taping and ends up eliminated. I've listened to his "Georgia On My Mind" clip a couple of dozen times. Great rasp, nice bass playing, great take on a classic.

Apple

So whats wrong with Casey? Is it the flu, ulcer?? We need him in this competition to keep everyone on their A game. I noticed that 2 girls that Jennifer put through, she said they were consistant - what the heck, we need great not OK consistant.

mija

Appendicitis!!! If he has an appearance on Friday, he can't make it. There's no way he can because the hospital will keep him until he can beg his surgeon into believing he feels fine and can do fine on his own. Appendicitis pain seems to stick at least 2 weeks. You never know how much you use your abs until you get appendicitis.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments