'American Idol' Finalist Hospitalized

2/23/2011 10:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- one of the top 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- was rushed to a hospital moments ago after complaining of severe stomach pains ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized

Sources connected to the show tell us ... 19-year-old Abrams was rehearsing at CBS Television City when he began to feel sick.

We're told Abrams was taken to a nearby hospital -- where he's expected to stay overnight ... possibly longer.

And it gets worse -- now that Abrams has made the top 24, he's scheduled to tape a performance on Friday ... along with the rest of the top 12 men. But if Abrams is not well enough to take the stage on Friday, we're told he will be eliminated from the competition.

Abrams is currently being examined by doctors.

sheila

your music makes my skin crawl.please get well you are the best one yet.LOVE YOU CASEY

Kat

I hope he gets better. He has some serious talent and I'd be sad to see him leave, but the most important thing right now is that he's healthy and that comes first.

carroll b

Hope he'll be o.k. as far as his health goes but he is not that great of a singer!! Jessica Cunningham should have made the top 24.

Brian H

Is this a ploy by the producers to bring back Jaycee? As sweet as Jaycee is, I'd much rather have Casey in the top 24.

tomas

Prediction:
Gallbladder.

Leela

This happens every year after Hollywood week, these kids are forced to stay up all night to learn lyrics, choreography and new songs. They are expected to work with other inexperienced singers and pull it all together for a spectacular group performance. Granted, occasionally they come up with a stellar act that is a thrill to watch and listen to but this comes at a terrible price. They get rundown, exhausted, overwhelmed with the stress and the drama and how often have we seen incredibly talented singers thrown under the bus and tossed out with the rest of the trash? Hollywood Week is pointless melodrama with that whole attitude of survival of the fittest. Case in point: that miserable little punk with the wierd glasses who got put through while the amazingly talented 15-yr-old boy was rejected. This after glasses boy yanked the kid out of his group because he felt he "wasn't the right fit", nasty little diva, I can't wait until it is he that faces rejection. American Idol needs to do away with Hollywood Week, it is cruel and unnessary.

sandie

I REMEMBER WHEN CRYSTAL BOWERSOX WAS HOSPITALIZED AND THEY GAVE HER AN EXTRA DAY TO FEEL BETTER. I HOPE THEY SHOW THE SAME CONSIDERATION FOR CASEY. HE TRULY SHOWS THE MOST TALENT AND VERSITILITY OF ALL OF THEM

idolfan

This is crap, crystal bowersocks went to the hospital and returned to the show. They rearranged the whole schedule for her!

tomas

comment #15..
So you post the website for your hack talent agency? Any musician can audition for American Idol. All they need is the time to wait in line.
I HATE these reality game shows. Do you really think a show like American Idol would put the winner in the hands of the viewing public? They hand pick the winners. Why even vote? Why even try out?

reality bites

Media build up BULLSH#$!@... If he drops I'm NEVER watching AI again!!

michelle

Under Casey Abrams Biography is lists some cds he has out... that is wring information. That Casey is a completely different Casey than the one on Idol, good job TMZ...I'm glad your reporters check their stories to make sure its correct. SO far the Idol Casey Abrams does not have ANY cds out. Thank you.

Delores K. DuVall

In my opinion, Casey is probably one of the mosy talented contestant on the show. I love his jazz style w/bass. Reminds you of the winner of the grammy awards winner!!!! What company to be in. He should stay!!!!!! Make an acception!!!!.

Joanne Fig

Casey should be given evey option to compete after he is better. There is no way he should be dis=qualified just because he got sick!!! He is fabulous.

DebbieDoo

If you people don't want to know the current news then why are you here? Thank You TMZ. I was wondering what the matter was with Casey and you told me. Good Luck Casey! You are the best!

jacob

wow casey has some talent me and my grand parents want to see him make it all the way we are praying for you casey

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments