'American Idol' Finalist Hospitalized

2/23/2011 10:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- one of the top 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- was rushed to a hospital moments ago after complaining of severe stomach pains ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized

Sources connected to the show tell us ... 19-year-old Abrams was rehearsing at CBS Television City when he began to feel sick.

We're told Abrams was taken to a nearby hospital -- where he's expected to stay overnight ... possibly longer.

And it gets worse -- now that Abrams has made the top 24, he's scheduled to tape a performance on Friday ... along with the rest of the top 12 men. But if Abrams is not well enough to take the stage on Friday, we're told he will be eliminated from the competition.

Abrams is currently being examined by doctors.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

AngeliaClaire

I like him prayers are sent out for you! :)

Maryse Marceau

Casey is THE one,please don't throw him out if he just mist friday, he is the best.
He is an authentic person.

A message from a Quebec french lady,

Kyle

You need to get your crap together TMZ since he is actually 20. But what is really sad is that I heard he has a bleeding stomach uler. He was my favorite so hope he is ok.

BMP

Hope the medics check him out thoroughly. This is the 2nd time in less than a week. Yes, he's talented, interesting, but comes close to joining with other screamers. Gotta love Pia..that's a VOICE!!!

lanesha taylor

hope you get to feelin better so you can get back in the amarican idol compation good luck

lanesha taylor

Jane Allen

I think he should definitely get a record deal. He is great and I would love to buy his music.

meohmy

Casey Abrams has a very unique sound to his voice and I like it, and he is a very talented person. I hope that he gets well real soon and will make back in time to be with the others.

So Get Well Soon CASEY!

meohmy

Casey Abrams has a really nice unique voice and I like it and I have a good hear for music and know when someone is really talented, and I hope he gets better soon and is able to make it to the set with the others.

Get well soon Casey!