Lindsay Lohan:

I'm Going to Trial!

2/23/2011 2:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan told a confidant minutes ago after leaving the courtroom ... she will not cop a plea in her grand theft case, and she's going to trial ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Trial
Lindsay said bluntly, "I didn't steal" and made it clear she will not accept a plea bargain that involves ANY jail time.

Judge Schwartz made it clear ... Lindsay will do jail time if she she cops a plea.

0223_lilo_court_arrival_footer

balanced

I don't care what y'all say...she is one good lookin' lesbian. She needs to come back to the other side. Right fellas?? I know only a handful of you guys would kick her outta your bed...let's be real!

Californiadesi

D.A. does not care.Its not her ass on the line because she knows that she has prosecutorial immunity.It is the stupid jeweller who got sucked into this mess because of his own stupidity and lies.Its still time,for him to get out.With each passsing day,he is incurring more damages which he is going to pay,if D.A. loses. I would certainly not like be in that situation.

Buddy boy,do the right thing and bow out or tell the truth,whole truth and nothing but the truth at the trial.D.A. is going to ask you to twist,turn truth or just outright lie.Don't do it.

Remember,if you lie on the stand and get caught that is perjury and D.A. would not be able to save your ass.

anyjoe

@ lou

Posted at 1:02 PM on Feb 23, 2011 by lou

Nice to see you Lou,

Here is a question, lets say she is defiantly innocent, would you still suggest she pleads guilty and get the deal or would it be better to go to court?

suza271

@anyjoe--Either way she is going to jail for violating her probation. There's enough evidence to SUGGEST she did it, so she's going to jail. It will only be for about 30 days on a 6 mo sentence. If you were Lindsay, would you rather just tack 30 more days onto that and serve 60 days in the plea? Or, would you rather roll the dice on a 1 year PRISON sentence. It doesn't matter if she's "definitely innocent". It's whether her lawyer can create reasonable doubt. And, if Lindsay honestly believes she can, then I guess she can go to trial. But, I'd take a definite 60 days over the 30 days plus a 1 year prison sentence. It's now just about logic.

Cherie

Lindsay says: "I didn't steal"...Pffffttt!! YOU'RE A THIEF you DUMBASS bitch!! STOP THE LIES!

Anya

o crap!! thoght at first the headline said "I'm going to jail"

Jeanie

The REAL reason why Lindsay doesn't want to take a plea deal is cuz she'll be tossed in the slammer! Take a look at this excerpt from an article I found online:

"Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz told Lohan he would sentence her to jail if she accepted a plea deal involving the theft of a $2,500 necklace from an upscale jewelry store.

"If you plead in front of me, if this case is resolved in front of me, you are going to jail," Schwartz said. "Period."

*See full article here:

Jeanie

By the way...(part II) from my #103 comment:

KUDOS to the judge for standing up to the delinquent!!

Italia

TO: No. 7. [Christy] who wrote:
“A jury won't convict her…”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You’re probably right, but it’s going to cost her around $1,000,000 to get that “not guilty” verdict.

If O.J. can get away with murder, then Lindsay ought to be able to get away with shoplifting, for the right price.

Jeanie

*Part III to my #103 comment (lol):
Oops! Sorry people...I just realized that TMZ also posted about the judge warning Lilo about jail (if she takes a plea deal). This is the first time I've gotten the chance to log on today to find out what happened to Lilo at court.

*TMZ's link:

P.S.,
I LOVE how the judge says "I don't care if you're Lindsay Lohan"...LOL...I LOVE IT!!!

Italia

TO: No. 76. [Jim] who wrote:
"That plunging neck line, and exaggerated "bounce"in her walk, gave me a woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooody.
dang she is hot.
Hope the bitter blonde TMZ staffer there doesn't get too jealous of all the men ogggling this hotty."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oogle on, she's a lesbo. She was assigned Tom Hardy as her sober coach and obviously turned him down, and Tom Hardy is a really super fine hotty himself !

I would have taken Tom Hardy in a heartbeat !

Since Lindsay is not smart at all, she'll end up picking the closest lesbo instead of a super fine mac-daddy stud.

Her and Tom Hardy would have looked really cute together, he might have even really turned her around (pun intended).

Cherie

Anyone ever wonder if Lindsay's hooking up with her lawyer???

Cherie

@ #95
"I guess that she still doesn't get it. When she goes before the next judge, if she's found to be in violation of her probation, she'll be jailed anyway. And then she'd have to wait in jail until it was time for her trial. Who knows how long this could take? Weeks? Months? I'd rather take the set amount of jail time given by Judge Schwartz and then move on, rather than sit in this quagmire of a situation, pretending to be indignantly innocent. Fool."

Posted at 1:02 PM on Feb 23, 2011 by lou
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wouldn't put it passed her lawyer to somehow get her off...It's amazing the tricks Holley seems to have up her sleeves when it comes to springing Lindsay out of the slammer!

Louis

I can't wait for the trial. I am dying to hear how a young actress who gets product placement deals arranaged for her by publicists and stylists, got hold of a $2,500 necklace all on her own. It had to have been taken out of a case by a store worker who knowingly put it on her or given it to a publicist/stylist. Now, even if there were no verbal or written agreement for her to take it, how the hell does a store forget they put a $2,500 piece on someone who just walked out? Gross incompetencee thats how. Or, perhaps a desperate bid for free PR. That makes Lohan innocent. AND I am NOT a Lohan fan. She's done nothing to earn her fame other than get in trouble, but this is not her doing. Not by a long shot.

purejuice

this comment of lilo's, the incredibly inappropriate outfits and THE SPEEDING TICKET indicate a real break with reality situation. i don't think she was brought up with any kind of ethics whatsoever but this has gone beyond that. it's beginning to look like suicide.