Lindsay Lohan:

I'm Going to Trial!

2/23/2011 2:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan told a confidant minutes ago after leaving the courtroom ... she will not cop a plea in her grand theft case, and she's going to trial ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Trial
Lindsay said bluntly, "I didn't steal" and made it clear she will not accept a plea bargain that involves ANY jail time.

Judge Schwartz made it clear ... Lindsay will do jail time if she she cops a plea.

0223_lilo_court_arrival_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Hisjules

test

Peter McCue

In the sick name of your "Political correctness", the U.S. justice
"system,"by the attitude of this Judge,is using a hammer to crush
a butterfly.

Misty

OMG she is so retarded.......... does she actually believe that she didn't steal? she needs to go to a mental hospital ASAP and be locked up in a padded cell for 3 months... and not be able to use the phone or anything. I cannot stand her, she truly should be kicked to the curb and not be allowed on any TV.

ilovegossip

ROL describes what is on the videotape. That is the first I've heard of what is on the tape. Of course, ROL is a gossip site, so who knows how accurate it is, but if it's true, it explains a LOT! And it sounds like it's a pretty big smoking gun.

John

she accused of removing the necklace from a store, and after police sought a warrant to search her home, one of her associates returned the necklace to the store, she said is was on loan to her, sorry but if I owned that store I would have a signed paper saying it was a loner and that if it was damaged in anyway she bought it, anyway if it is used for even a day it's still used, seems like acter's feel they are above everyone else and the law.

Jeanie

@ #114

"The judge appears to have gone out of his way to browbeat this girl, who , at this moment has the right to be presumed innocent.
In the sick name of your "Political correctness", the U.S. justice
"system,"by the attitude of this Judge,is using a hammer to crush
a butterfly.
If any harm, emotional or otherwise,should befall Lindsay in the time ahead, I hope all those involved in this prosecution are properly ashamed."

Posted at 11:01 PM on Feb 23, 2011 by Peter McCue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH PLEASE...CATCH A CLUE!!! She's not some "poor" girl...She's a living, breathing, HAZARD to society!!! And the judge was being heartfelt and HONEST. If you had any sense you would realize that! Someone needed to address Lindsay as an adult--and not coddle her and enable her--and that is what this judge has done eloquently...So piss off with your rational...The world's smallest violin is playin' for you and Lindsay!!

ilovegossip

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the judge addressed Lindsay like that because of her past with Judge Revel where she claimed she thought she was following the judges orders when attending classes, when in fact she did NOT follow the judges orders as stated specifically to her (and to her lawyer).

anyjoe

@ #114

In the sick name of your "Political correctness", the U.S. justice
"system,"by the attitude of this Judge,is using a hammer to crush
a butterfly.

Posted at 11:01 PM on Feb 23, 2011 by Peter McCue

=============================================================

I am no fan of the American justice system, and while I do my best to stay open to all sides of this mess I have found myself mostly posting comments that favored LL innocents. That being said I think this was one of the best Judges I have ever seen in my life. I thought everything he said was spot on as far as LL needing to get her stuff together and reach out for real help and support. I think this is true regardless of the current mess she finds herself in or the outcome of that mess.

andyconda

i have worked my ass off in life i have done wrong but spent time for it i dont know what makes her above the law. she tempts fate over and over again. its way past time to put her away. no judge on this planet has given me the leasure she has gotten she is a sick bitch

always

Wasn't it so sweet she had to hold her mommy's hand ....golly gee...what a sick pair.

persimmone

Yes, glad that she is choosing to go to trial - she needs to be taught a good hard lesson - hope she end up spending a long time in jail.
By the quirks of nature, she just happened to be gifted with a pretty face with little between the ears - with her looks and Hollywood, she has ended up wealthy and what is popularly known as a celebrity - who expects to be treated differently from the rest of us, and to get away with the law.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8