Charlie Sheen: I'm Not an Anti-Semite

2/25/2011 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen tells TMZ ... the reports describing him as an anti-Semite are B.S.

Charlie Sheen Chuck Lorre

While Charlie spilled his guts to TMZ yesterday about his hatred for Chuck Lorre, he referred to the "Two and a Half Men" creator as Chaim Levine -- the Hebrew translation of CL's birth name -- which many people felt Charlie used in a mean-spirited attempt to denigrate the Jews.

Now Charlie tells TMZ ... "I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona."

FYI -- Chuck's birth name is Charles Levine ... and his Hebrew name is Chaim.

Charlie added, "So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?"

0131_charlie_sheen_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34

Stephanie Jo

What do you call "Two & a Half Men" without Charlie Sheen? "Two Men!"...what a loser!

anil

i love he show and keep watching it and the reruns. Charlie is not anti-semi and he has said sorry if it hurt anyone what he said.By the way enjoyed the CNN interview.

Roy

Leave charlie alone idiots with your lame comments and lets see him get him back on the set of two & half men....

Lenny Gee

Pees on you all. Charlie is one hell of a patriot. May he live long and continue his good deeds. (Omitting some possibly not so good ones?!)

buttawitz

Someone just put Charlie in a oven and turn him into sand why doesnt anyone in this world just rip celebrities to pieces they make me sick and our society including Okra

JT

danny you are a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumbbbbb zionist reard sheeeple, there i said it deal with it, truth is truth, charlie is not anti semetic, israel and its lobby fails again. hah!

BILL CATALANO

BOYCOT ANYTHING CHEIMI PRODUCES......HE IS UGLY AND JEALOUS OF CHARLIE

Don Fanucci

Hate is a very strong word ever,just take a look at what the world has become because of that rotten feeling,if you don´t like someone keep your distance! Now "dislike" is a better word to use in this cases because really,Jews "dislike" blacks, latinos and their half brothers,(the palestinians); blacks "dislike" whites, latinos as well; and the other whites dislike all of the above. Of course, this doesn´t happen in the majority of the Earth-dwellers, thank God!!! Remember then, keep your distance and make them keep their distance as well and your life will be stressfree and more sweet. Hate is worst for the container holding it than the hate itself... tyvm

Jaime

I'm Jewish and don't believe what he said was anti-semitic at all! I can't stand when people are so quick to use the anti-semitic/race card! None of my friends or family doesn't think so either!
Mel Gibson on the other hand has said some anti-semtic and racist comments.
Charlie Sheen may be alot of things but anti-semtic? Not in my eyes.

sonia

Nice To Meet You,
My name is Miss mabell ,As I whisper my prayer tonight and went into search for a nice friend at google that is(internet) I came across your contact,My mind and my heart told me to contact you for friendship, A friend who truly understand his or her friend and share their feelings together. please kindly accept my request, I believe that distance or age can never be a barrier but let's love connect us because love is a bridge that connected far distance to be close to each other, I will send my pictures to you immediately i receive your reply at my email address
mabell42009@live.com
yours In Love,
mabell
mabell42009@live.com

Chaim Paddaman

Charlie Sheen has made the painful discovery that "Chaim doesn't pay".

MrAWeinerburger

The ADL seems a bit over sensitive now a days. Also I noticed whoever the ADL call an "anti-semite" seems to lose their jobs and are never herd from again. Actually they get "Defamed" and ridiculed on every news channel and news paper. I'm surprised they could even get a bank loan after they get called out by the ADL. All those producers, comedians, actors, and directors can make fun of every one except for one group of people. Unless you are a jew making fun of jews, now that's acceptable. We live in times where it is doubtful we will ever allow another holocaust because the media will be all over that one!...What is the ADL so worried about? Relax, live and let live. Peace and love be among to everyone! That's the only way we will prosper. Oh, as for Charlie, I feel the Hispanic race is under-represented in today's TV and MEDIA in general. I'm surprised they let you keep your job as long as they did but, you are right you MADE that show what it was. As for Ashton Kutcher replacing you...oh please.....you couldn't do better Chaim?? TMZ...I love the pics you chose...I can see a bias on who you want looking like the loser and winner.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34