Charlie Sheen: I'm Not an Anti-Semite

2/25/2011 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen tells TMZ ... the reports describing him as an anti-Semite are B.S.

Charlie Sheen Chuck Lorre

While Charlie spilled his guts to TMZ yesterday about his hatred for Chuck Lorre, he referred to the "Two and a Half Men" creator as Chaim Levine -- the Hebrew translation of CL's birth name -- which many people felt Charlie used in a mean-spirited attempt to denigrate the Jews.

Now Charlie tells TMZ ... "I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona."

FYI -- Chuck's birth name is Charles Levine ... and his Hebrew name is Chaim.

Charlie added, "So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?"

0131_charlie_sheen_footer

SayWhat

=======================================================
Carlos Irwin Estévez,
Not sure about the anti-latino statement but I bet your brother Emilio cringes that it draws attention to the fact that you are related.
Hard to believe that Emilio is the elder of the two. Charlie is 45 and looks at least 10 yrs older.

Kosher SAL

I called this last night, Jews advertise Charlie Sheens business through this website. Its ok for seth rogan, seth green, shia lebeouf, and all the other jews to sleep with hookers and do drugs but we never here there ****. Biblical times jews killed jesus and now they kill actors.

Jennifer

As out of control as Charlie Sheen's rant was, I knew when he said "Chaim" he was just saying Chuck Lorre's hebrew name; there was nothing anti-semetic about it. I know that and I'm not even jewish.

But Charlie is clearly on a path of destruction. Just hope he doesn't get too close to the edge of the cliff.

John

I think the man has a point. Everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon, but let's look at the recent facts:

1) Chuck Lorre is a bonafide *******. Among many utterly self-righteous rants, he has repeatedly taken pot shots at Charlie for years with his "vanity cards". Most recently:

2) Charlie finally has enough and fires back (he has shown a lot of restraint and class by ignoring this man's public pot shots for years... I don't think many people here could have had the same restraint). So, now that he stands up for himself, he's losing it? Sure, maybe he's taking it to another level, but he has a right to be a little miffed.

3) Charlie didn't cancel the season... Chuck Lorre did. He ran his mouth for years and now when the shoe is on the other foot, he gets his diaper in a wad. His ego can't take it and he cancels the season with complete lack of compassion for anybody else involved. Charlie claims he's clean right now - we'll see how his test results turn out. If he is clean, I think Chuck has some serious explaining to do.

It's easy to jump on the bash Charlie bandwagon right now, but try to take a step back and look at the facts. I think it's time everybody start realizing what a POS egomaniac Chuck Lorre is at the same time.

John

2) Charlie finally has enough and fires back (he has shown a lot of restraint and class by ignoring this man's public pot shots for years... I don't think many people here could have had the same restraint). So, now that he stands up for himself, he's losing it? Sure, maybe he's going over the top a little, but he has a right to be a little miffed.

3) Charlie didn't cancel the season... Chuck Lorre did. He ran his mouth for years and now when the shoe is on the other foot, he gets his diaper in a wad. His ego can't take it and he cancels the season with complete lack of compassion for anybody else involved. Charlie claims he's clean right now - we'll see how his test results turn out. If he is clean, I think Mr. Lorre has some serious explaining to do.

John

Way to go Charlie

John P McNiff, Philadelphia

Dave Michaels

Sounds like cocaine confidence. Don’t really know if anybody is packing their nose, but - -

There’s a Fritz Weaver movie out there, from the 80s, about a really timid real estate agent who gets his nose packed by some younger agents. As he continues to pack his nose his confidence begins to build and after a while he IS invincible! Then there’s the crash n burn part…

The character in the movie clearly demonstrates and is a good example of some of the ****y arrogant bull**** addicts start yakking - were hearing a lot of that nasty yak from Charlie now…

Too bad. He’s a really good actor.

(Oh, and it’s not his show – its Chuck Lorre’s show.)

Tammy

NR Davis, I agree.

I said similar earlier in #25. However, you expressed the sentiment better than I.

Any person with even the most rudimentary critical thinking skills are not going to blindly accept his excuse.

William

Hey, NR Davis at #79, the only person who would believe your drivel would be someone who is a reverse discriminator apologist.

Thanks for showing your true colors.

Appreciate it...........

Bippy

Looks like he took a skydiving jump from 37,000 feet trusting that his parachute would work - but I think that when he pulls the cord he might find that it was not properly packed and the chute failed to open properly - KA-BOOM - "GOODBYE CHARLIE" !!!

Nessie

Well anti semitic or not, the guy has issues, no doubt about that.
It's true what someone said about drugs, they fry your brain and you loose it.
Even if he has a lot of money, at this rate it will dry out.
Whatever the reason, this is not a smart move.

sickofit

Charlie has problems. Huge ones. That letter of his, and the rant proved that he has lost his grip on the world the rest of live in. Coming off drugs/alcohol you have to rehab for the emotional dependence as well as the physical. He has not done that yet. Many people who are addicted are self medicating for some other condition, usually mental. I feel sorry for his children, and his ex's who have to deal with his behavior and his effects on his own children. I also feel for the crew and staff of the tv show. He has blown everything out of the water, and he will blame everyone and everything else.
I hope that in the middle of the night, if reality sets in and he realizes this, that he does not try to take the easy way out.

Rosie the commenter

This might be a passable excuse if 'Chaim' WAS his real name.
It's different, Chuckles, because there is a long and bloody history of 'outing' Jews from the Gentile population. Europeans sadly know this well.
But yes Charlie, if someone went on a vitriolic, insane diatribe against you and, in THAT context, called you Carlos Estevez I would certainly question exactly WHY they had decided THEN to use a Latin name for you rather than your professional name.
It's all about context. Ever heard of the latin phrase 'Noscitur a sociis'? 'A word is known by the company it keeps'. If this was an affectionate letter calling him Chaim, it wouldn't be getting you in this kind of trouble.

Rosie the commenter

This might be a passable excuse if 'Chaim' WAS his real name.
But yes Charlie, if someone went on a vitriolic, insane diatribe against you and, in THAT context, called you Carlos Estaves, I would certainly question exactly WHY they had decided THEN to use a Latin name for you rather than your professional name.

William

Hey, NR Davis at #79 and your bud Tammy at #91:

Anytime you want to send me and other Christians and/or Catholics condolences for the outright bigotry against us, we'd appreciate it.

Since you enjoy winding around, looking through fuzzy lenses, and pulling things out of your ass to come up with anti-semitism, then surely "Bible grabbers!" and "Vatican assassins!" won't require much effort to figure out.

TIA.