Sheen

Shopping Book Deal --

Starting Bid $10 Mil

2/26/2011 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen tells TMZ he's writing a tell-all book about life on the set of "Two and a Half Men" -- with details about what led up to the final implosion -- and he wants at least $10 mil for the publishing rights.

Charlie Sheen Book Deal
Sheen tells us he wants the world to know what really happened behind-the-scenes of the show during his 8-year run ... the good times and the bad ... and he plans on naming names -- including co-stars.

We're told Sheen even has a title in mind -- "When the Laughter Stopped."

Sheen says even though he's still working on the book -- he's expecting a bidding war for the publishing rights ... starting around $10 mil.

As TMZ first reported, "Men" honchos shut down production for the season after Charlie told us he wanted to fight creator Chuck Lorre.

kat

Everyone has problems at work. So you didn't get along with everyone. Suck it up, princess. I have all that for $16K a year. For $43+ million a year, you do like your hookers do -- bend over and take it...and do it with a smile. You really think you are so hot that they are digging what you are doing? No sweety, it's just the money. When you are penniless on the streets, they will pull their coats around their scantily-clad bodies and walk on.
Now man up, shut up and get your ass back to work.

Kitty

The ex-wives need to start thinking about getting a restraining order against this lunatic. Nobody is safe near him, not even his children.

Sad sad

Flowerlips Do not get me started I will sound crazier the Mr. not Winning.

Also what's up with these guys who do comedy and can't take a joke? The truth in comedy. Must have missed that book.

No one else on the show spun out. Please do explain? Unless Chuck was molesting him in the back room he really needs to look at himself.

"You don't know the stress of performing on a set only to be treated like crap and have to swallow your pride to pick up a paycheck."

Not a 2 million dollar check. LOL pass

"Tinsletown a producer is somebody's friend or relative who got lucky while everyone else slaves."

Nonsense. So are you saying he's an abused actor? I'm seriously laughing right now. For 2 million per episode I'd do my job , clean the set by myself and serve everyone dinner without complaint every night. He thinks everyone should roll out the red carpet for him. Did he save the country or something? Perhaps, I missed that.

In a nutshell : Charlie is an abused actor. Anyone buying that?
Being burned out, stressed out and spinning out yes that I do believe.

Yanni Raz

The show was really good and someone just didn't know how to appreciate it.
www.jcyber.com

litebug

I am SO SICK of Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan that I could PUKE!

lou

Too bad, Puckett, but you are assuming that people still WANT to watch Charlie on tv, and site after site shows exactly the opposite. Charlie BEFORE his big Rage-o-Rama commanded the Big Bucks but he just did a grand ole Mel Gibson on himself.

Oh well. Now he can spend all of those quiet hours getting the mental help he so desperately needs.

lou

AJ "an ex-drinker," I enjoyed your entire post. However it's hard for me to find sympathy for this man because he has physically abused too many women in his life. No one really seemed to care about that until this latest rage-a-thon. Before this week, he was still "cool" enough to pull in millions of viewers. Pretty pathetic.

Mee

Make me interested !!!. How about something like;

"When the Laughter Stopped but the Booze and My Path to Destruction Never Did"

GET REAL CHARLIE AND COOL IT FOR NOW.

groovypet2

i have a suggestion ::)))) uh TMZ you should change your format a lil and alow us to have a photo up ::)) so we can look cute when being a b***h or a smart azz or when we rant ::)))))))) i wana get my photog on ::)))))))))

ucanquoteme

My guess is the book will be an eye opener. In any impending lawsuit, the network has no leg to stand on. Suits can contend they were dealing with an alcoholic and drug addict. This much is true. But he was a functioning one whose condition did not interfere with the quality of his work. And so CBS can't prove that Charlie was a drag on a show that was a hit for 8 years.

Question is, why did the producer act so patronizing and so insulting as if he were against a co-worker in trouble? Most production brass will say "no comment" in respect for what you're going through. They don't make snide remarks that kick you when you're down. This seems to be evidence there was bad blood on the show and production ego was at the center of it.

If the production team was a positive support group, why did they close up shop when he was ready to return? For all we know, stress from Lorre may have been a part of the reason for Sheen's substance abuse problems. If he made crude comments and didn't support Charlie during his media trials, then what
was it like working for him for 8 years? Food for thought.

groovypet2

Lisa

Charlie is going to be on 20/20 for a special episode Tuesday night. I'm not sure where I read that - maybe Radar or X17, but anyway...just passing it on.

WHO CARES?!

omg im team C-man but f**k that is really funny. I dont work so I can march I have free time. :::))))

Posted at 10:14 PM on Feb 26, 2011 by groovypet2

Thanks groovypet2 (referring to comment 583).

Someone please let Charlie know we have another "Silent Assassin" for his octagon. I would but I'm busy taking Charlie's advise ..."I'm facing true fear straight down the barrel. Something nobody does. I'm in a boat, in the Pacific ocean, at night, watching Jaws." Wish me luck.

les

the diet solution. http://bit.ly/fpKnbZ

groovypet2

lmao u r to funny. who cares. omg since i have an eye for detail i just have a question. tmz shot a video of the C-Man kissing the NAT and he is in the same blue shirt and pants as is on the new pics of drug test and photo of him being interviewed for 20-20. or does the C-Man just like the blue? just curious?

Previous 15 Comments | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments