Charlie Sheen's Publicist Quits

2/28/2011 4:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's longtime publicist has quit, TMZ has learned.

Stan Rosenfield

Stan Rosenfield tells TMZ ... he's resigning because "I worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much, however, at this time, I'm unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned."

Rosenfield resigned minutes after Sheen appeared live on TMZ this morning ... where the actor insinuated Stan lied to the media on his behalf regarding the hotel trashing incident at The Plaza Hotel in NYC back in October.

Stan had issued a statement saying Charlie was hospitalized that night for an "allergic reaction."

When Mike Walters asked Charlie about the medical explanation, CS responded, "I was asleep when that statement went out."

Sheen added, "I respect Stan ... he was doing the best he could in that moment ... had I confirmed with him, I probably would have come up with something better. "

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Evelyn

Lost his job, now his PR and next should be his visitation...he is clearly in need of help that 7 grams of rock he claims he can handle...well I think too many 7 have taken his brain cells..if I was one of his exes he would NOT be seeing his kids and NO judge right now would change my decision.....

charliesdone

Isn't that what a publicist is supposed to do put a positive spin on things if and when you screw up. But Charlie just won't shut up but, I wouldn't have quit my job I would have just kept cashing those pay checks.

snodgrass

@45 by Hey Now

It was his family and the people who love him that got Stan to quit on him.
I believe it is a part of a planned intervention that will soon take place. Getting everyone who was/is an enabler out of the picture is a huge part of it, including Stan.
Watch.

mary

this guy is just like the firm who represented mel gibson, worked with them for years, made alot of money off of them. then so long.

jim

Harvey,

I like your show. I think for the most part you treat your stories/celebrities with much more respect than many of them deserve, but none of the less, with some style that's been lacking in previous "entertainment shows/magazines".

And that's why I am so disappointed with your enabling of Charlie Sheen. Your coverage is the most of any online publication/show that I have seen or heard. Your jokes and dis respect of the man and all he is going through is....disturbing and to be quite honest, repulsive.

Charlie Sheen is a time bomb which you seem to enjoy exploiting. Your "reporting staff" giggles with glee on his continuing spiral downwards.

After watching your 40min + interview with him, I just shake my head at his loss of reality and his actual disability.

Charlie Sheen is ill. This has no effect on you but to gather as much information on this man to put on your web site and nightly broadcasts. You have exploited a genuinely ill man for your own personal monetary gain.

And you wonder why people relate Jewish People with being all about money. You are your own answer.

I just shook my head as your "interviewer" laughed with Mr. Sheen when he was told the kids run into walls as they say daddy. Why CPS are not at that home just amazes me. Children being watched/taken care of, by other children.

I hold you responsible in part Harvey, as a contributing factor in Mr. Sheens death. You are providing and enabling and ASKING him to self destruct by your very funneling of his unrealistic rants and views to the population via TMZ.

Hope the revenue was worth it

John

I am so interested in taking the job as Charlie Sheen's publicist. I can handle crazy people, hell to me he ain't even crazy.

daffidol

Kudos to him for quitting. Who could possibly put a spin on Charlie Sheen and make him look good? Charlie has turned into a looser. He needs to get himself clean and start his life over.

suz hussey

I WON'T PLAY ARMCHAIR PSYCHOLOGIST. HE NEEDS TO REPEL THE ANNOYING RHETORIC of various media hounds. HANG IN, C.S. THIS TOO SHALL PASS PEACE

Rex

Charlie should marry Sarah Palin. Between the two of them they could keep us entertained with jibberish forevah!

kim

i think he is freakin alright!! yeah he's got issues but look at that freak lady gaga--and TMZ ROCKS the interview today shows the real deal and charlie can do it ---

Rick

**** you Charlie Sheen....Your an ASS!

Jordan

Clearly this entire think was a marketing scam. Now look at him. Hes probably makign more money than he was before on his new NATIONAL ARENA TOUR. **** brilliant move guy.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8