Corey Feldman Mad About Corey Haim's Oscar Snub

2/28/2011 9:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Feldman is upset that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences left his good pal Corey Haim off the Oscars "In Memoriam" segment -- saying the Academy does not "have a handle on who the public adores."

0228_corey_feldman_corey_haim_EX_TMZ
Feldman tells TMZ he's particularly upset since the same "public outcry" occured after Haim was left off the SAG memorial as well.

Feldman tells us, "Corey's films have earned the industry over a half a billion dollars and his work remains an inspiration to young artists world wide ... Corey dedicated his life to the film industry. The same industry that failed to dedicate even 30 seconds to his memory."

For their part, the Academy released a statement that reads: "Whatever the length of the sequence, there will always be fans and family members of those not included who will be disappointed by their omission. The Academy extends its understanding and its apologies to those who missed seeing a favorite face in this year’s feature."

Puckett

Corey who, said what about Corey who?

Posted at 4:39 PM on Feb 28, 2011 by missy

Exactly... and i'm not some young kid who doesn't remember the eighties either. Until he died i hadn't even realized he continued working in Hollywood through the nineties and '2000s. Completely forgettable, just like the other Corey is too.

babyz65

This is the onley time I agree with this guy

john5oregon

"Corey dedicated his life to the film industry."

No, he dedicated his life to drug abuse and burning bridges. I doubt he was snubbed intentionally, I just don't think he was a 'popular' enough actor.

smartmolly

I did expect to see him on the segment of the recently past. He was part of the 80's teen movie seen, an actor who left us with great performances. He is an icon of his time, and deserved to be remembered. The Oscars was terrible this year.

Leojohnson

In Greek mythology, there are gods and goddesses. But I wonder, what would happen in Hollywood if the Coreys - Corey Haim and Corey Feldman - were seen as not just teen idols,

Xtreme No

CoolKid

Corey deserved to be recognized.. he was a very accomplished child actor and no one can deny that. He had some tremendous roles under his belt. There's just no reason he couldn't have been remembered and given that small amount of respect. To the people who think he was 'forgotten' I highly doubt that. It was a snub plain and simple and isn't right. His performances really were not academy caliber any longer but he did suffer a stroke at one point and was trying to overcome the side effects.

lady cha-cha in mpls

It was in very poor taste to leave him but their rebutel was worse. Corey haim was very much apart of pop cultre in the 80's and made the industry lots of $$$ and even though he had troubles as a kid and a young adult he was a very talented actor. If anyine in the academy wanted to portray fairness even though it would be late they should give mr haim his last 5 seconds

Daniel

I agree with Feldman here even though I can't stand the guy. I mean, Haim was the Justin Bieber of the 80s/early 90s, and is a legend because of his teen icon status. Haim put out some good films too, Lucas, The Lost Boys, Silver Bullet, and his new movies have received good ratings. They should have included Haim in the memoriam regardless, and it's bs how they include people no one knows of such as agents and producers. Bottom line, Haim made the industry tons of money, and the half a billion dollars he made for the industry should have earned him an appearance in the memoriam despite his past with drugs.

Meme

"They also omitted Peter Graves from the memorial."

OMG! That's worse. I'm going to watch Stalag 17 tonight in his honour.

kali

He should have been included.

Lizzie

Hey JACKAL, feldman, go crawl back under the rock that you BELONG under!! You still want to be in the spotlight, you
NEVER were & God knows, you NEVER WILL BE!!!! Go suck a lemon, you JACKAL!!!!!!!!!!

Puckett

Oh my God Corey Feldman is upset! STOP THE PRESSES! BREAKING NEWS!

Thinkabout-it

That was total bullshiz.....I thought he was up there last year, but that must have been another awards show. If the Oscars didn't honor him that is pure disrespect to him and his family. Actually, I didn't know hardly one person they featured up there..all like 90 year olds...who do they think is watching this show? I always had a crush on both coreys when I was younger.

twilightmom

I may believe it was "unintentional" , IF it were just the Oscars.
But omitted from the SAG awards memoriam also?? Sounds less than "unintentional".

I agree with whomever it was (sorry I forgot who posted it) that all the little "will never haves" are the ones who call out people like CH as a "has been". He did live the dream, for quite a good little while. Have any of you??

And Lizzie?
Yeah....he was in the spotlight. For quite awhile, along with CH. They were the "Two Coreys" through the 80's and girls chased and drooled over them for years!

backfire

He was an actor and member of the Academy and should have been mentioned. I was surprised that the Publicist was mentioned because she wasn't a member of the Academy. I realize she died tragically being shot in her car, however, Corey was a successful actor for a long time before he went thru hell.