Corey Feldman Mad About Corey Haim's Oscar Snub

2/28/2011 9:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Feldman is upset that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences left his good pal Corey Haim off the Oscars "In Memoriam" segment -- saying the Academy does not "have a handle on who the public adores."

0228_corey_feldman_corey_haim_EX_TMZ
Feldman tells TMZ he's particularly upset since the same "public outcry" occured after Haim was left off the SAG memorial as well.

Feldman tells us, "Corey's films have earned the industry over a half a billion dollars and his work remains an inspiration to young artists world wide ... Corey dedicated his life to the film industry. The same industry that failed to dedicate even 30 seconds to his memory."

For their part, the Academy released a statement that reads: "Whatever the length of the sequence, there will always be fans and family members of those not included who will be disappointed by their omission. The Academy extends its understanding and its apologies to those who missed seeing a favorite face in this year’s feature."

Bu

Corey Haim should have been in the memorial at the Oscars!

Corey Masters

@ sk8terade Your a MORON ! Corey Haim is an american Icon he RULED the 80's !!! The Academy can kiss my rear ! They showed ALOT of NO NAME PEOPLE but left out a VERY WELL KNOWN GREAT ACTOR !!!

Corey Masters

Corey had ALOT of GREAT Oscar worthy movies such as he first ever movie FIRSTBORN,LUCAS,SILVER BULLET,THE LOST BOYS,LICENSE TO DRIVE JUST TO NAME A FEW ! THE OSCARS "SUCK" ANYMORE THAT'S WHY NOBODY WATCHES IT ! IT'S ALL GO COREY YOUR FRIENDS,FAMILY, & FANS WILL "NEVER" FORGET YOU BRO ! GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN !

Corey Masters

TMZ should show the interview on their show today !

Donnie

I can't believe they left him out ! Corey was a GREAT Actor & left a huge mark on Hollywood in the 80's ! All the haters are just jealious ! Corey Haim was the man & for him to be left out of something so important is a slap to the faces of everyone that knows & supports him ! I agree this needs to be aired on today's show & let the people in charge of the Oscars know that Corey's friends,family & fans are beyond outraged about this ! Oh the song is only so long.... You can't add another song or repeat a couple versuses it that simple ! They just don't care & if you can't include everyone then don't do a memorial tribute at all !

I Chinee

All for ****s sake! So what if they left him out.. it is not the end of the world. And this is not the first time someone has been left out of the memoriam.

urbusted

Regardless the the way the man lived or died, he should have had a mention in that segment. They mention publicists, agents, writers, art directors and many people the general public do not know, why leave out an actor most people do know? They did the same thing to Farrah Fawcett last year. Shame on them.

Christy

Feldman is looking a little rough these days.

Lisa R.

Anyone growing up in the 80's knew who the two Corey's were. Just because he didn't necessarily last in big movies through the years, doesn't mean he and others are not relevant to movie culture. I remember going to see The Lost Boys in the movies. I remember renting it on VHS and saying OH,I loved this movie. To this day, if I'm channel surfing and The Lost Boys comes on I will stop and watch it. It's sad that Hollywood doesn't understand long before today's young stars, there were Corey Haim's and others who were talented and maybe didn't quite make it further in their careers or get the recognition they deserved. It's sad really.Don't worry Corey Feldman, even if Hollywood doesn't want to remember Corey Haim we his fans will not forget him. PEACE.

Lisa R.

Anyone growing up in the 80's knew who the two corey's were. just because they didn't necessarily last in big movies through the years, doesn't mean they are not relative to movie culture. I remember going to see The Lost Boys in the movies. I remember renting it on VHS and saying oh, I loved this movie. To this day, if I'm channel surfing and The Lost Boys comes on I will stop and watch it. It's sad that Hollywood doesn't understand long before today's young stars, there were Corey Haim's and others who were talented and maybe didn't quite make it further in their careers. It's sad really. Don't worry Corey Feldman, even if Hollywood doesn't want to remember Corey Haim we his fans will not forget him.PEACE.

JimmyB

First-He didn't respect his own life too much (enough to stay alive); why would he be mentioned at the Oscars? There were legitimate people with life-long careers who should have been mentioned like Betty Garrett and Peter Graves among others. Get mad 'bout that.

AJ

The movie "License to Drive" is a classic. Seriously, it's still one of my all time favorite movies. He was a pretty cute kid, with that smirky little smile.....

mj

The Academy is a bunch of snooty b-holes. Corey Haim should have been included end of story. I didn't know they left him out because I don't watch that pretentious mutual admiration society known as the Oscar awards, but it ticks me off that they did.

nette

YOU KNOW WHAT... THAT DOES SUCK.... THE RESPONSE SUCKS... EVERYBODY KNEW WHO HE WAS... THE OSCARS SUCK FOR THAT... ATLEAST CORY FELDMAN WAS A GOOD FRIEND FOR BRINGING THIS UP

James

Good Lord! All these friggin actors need to get the F over themselves! Poor so-in-so got "snubbed", poor babies! I've NEVER been honored at the Oscars and I'm an awesome actor, I go to work at a REAL job everyday and "act" like I'm happy to be earning 1/100th the pay these over-payed, over-rated, over-acting cry babies get. So, get over it ya big whiners!