D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I wrote ...

Sam ... with there be any of those brownies at the next pool party?

Posted at 5:54 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Sure, why not? Yummy yummy gooey goodness. Make the world rubbery nice like a big ball. :P

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I just got a very funny IDEA based on you guys having a little fun with chris , twisting his words.

Are any of you guys good with taking the interviews with oksana , and making some type of tape with oksana and editing her words and have MEL saying normal stuff from interviews in past with MEL.

It could be very FUNNY, and if it took on UTUBE, could blast oksana out of the water.

Something like:

Mel: Hi, I just want to call you up and see how you are doing.
oksana, " you are so terrible, a monster, why do you talk to me like that.
Mel: Honey, it's me, did you take your Meds like the doctor told you, I don't want you hurting our baby again.
oksana: "I'll do want I want , and if I want to do that, I will, you can't stop me"
Mel: Please don't hurt the baby.
oksana: it serves you right, I am gonna get back at you.

I'm giving just an example, but maybe one of you creative types can do a splice and dice.

It wouldn't have to be between oksana and mel, it could be between oksana and her lawyer or someone else. But take what she says out of context and make the other person use "clear Mic" and oksana sound not so clear.

Up to know I haven't seen anyone reverse it and make a tape that makes oskana sound like a nut job and mel sound reasonable. If you make it, post it and I want to see and hear it.
Thanks.

Posted at 5:53 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by john

Wow john. This is a great idea. I wish I knew how. Maybe Azlee knows..

Celtic

I'm back. Is the pool bar still open. I need that Kilkenny. And Sam, pass one of those special brownies over. You have to share. I DESERVERVE one.

Celtic

Make that I DESERVE one.

Celtic

OK everyone...so NOW YOU HAVE ME borderline obsessed with this "saga"...I was just cleaning up the kitchen and something went thru my near empty head and I wanted to toss it out to everyone for feedback. I hope I make sense:

The DA (Steve Cooley)....where was he in 2006? Was he in the LA DA's office when Mel was arrested? I found on-line that MG's DUI was wiped from his record....now I wonder if Mr Cooley (the current DA?) was not happy with the DUI being "erased" so I wonder if he has a personal ax to grind with Mel and is using the (possible) DV charge to "right the wrong"?

In a way this wacky theory makes SOME SENSE...NOT MUCH but SOME..... That's why I'm turning to everyone here...you've done more then your fair share of research....maybe you all can help me with my thoughts?

Posted at 5:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by chris

Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club.

Belinda

Make that I DESERVE one.

Posted at 6:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
__________________________________________________

DESERVE = 1 brownie

DESERVERVE = 2 brownies

Belinda

Sam ... with there be any of those brownies at the next pool party?

Posted at 5:54 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Posted at 6:17 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam
______________________________________________________

Now at this pool party ... does anyone actually go into the pool.

Sorry last time I was too drunk on cheap wine to notice. I think someone saw me dancing on the tables. I didn't think anyone would recognize with that lampshade on my head.

emerald

Make that I DESERVE one.

Posted at 6:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
__________________________________________________

DESERVE = 1 brownie

DESERVERVE = 2 brownies

Posted at 6:41 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Roflol!! Since I'm late to the party can I get an extra brownie I sooo DESERVERE it, because you just know I'm worth it lol!!!

Celtic

Make that I DESERVE one.

Posted at 6:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
__________________________________________________

DESERVE = 1 brownie

DESERVERVE = 2 brownies

Posted at 6:41 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Does that mean I can have 3? Client fried my head tonight.

Belinda

Make that I DESERVE one.

Posted at 6:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
__________________________________________________

DESERVE = 1 brownie

DESERVERVE = 2 brownies

Posted at 6:41 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Does that mean I can have 3? Client fried my head tonight.

Posted at 6:49 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
_________________________________________________________

I think 'all you can eat' is

DESEEEEEEERRRRRVVVVVEEEEERRRRVVVEEE.

anyway that's how you'll be talking.

So, your clients were that bad huh.

emerald

I see Charlie Sheen is now being attacked by some nut Warlock who's claiming his use of the word offended him, since he actually is a real Warlock?! Jeez!! I dread to think what he's been on lol! Is it o.k if I put in a pre-order on the "I'm offended by those so easily offended issues", perhaps I'll get my name in the paper and a 15 min slot on some useless program somewhere - especially if I get really, really offended lol!
Wait, ouch, ouch, damn now my ass is burning, my luck is over and my descent into the purgatory of living every day - it's true, really it's true they can put a hex on you! LOL1!
Hey, anyone want to ask this guy to cast a spell on Octomum's twin and make her disappear into the underworld lol?! We obviously haven't been talking to the right people lol!
At least hellnurse beat hubby in their wager, but I bet she kinds of wishes like the rest of us that at least one of them would have won lol!!

Belinda

Posted at 6:47 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by emerald
___________________________________________________________

LOL ... you'll have to plead your case to Sam. She's doesn't seem to want to give them away. She holding the plate and won't let go.

Are you brownie worthy?

emerald

Belinda Lol!! You don't think I'm worthy? Sniff, sniff, sniff, tear droplets on laptop keyboard frying the laptop .... and after all I've done and said, sniff, hanky to eye (OG style lol!) giggle, giggle lol!!

Belinda

Posted at 7:03 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by emerald
____________________________________________________________

LOL it's like I said ... it's up to Sam. She's got a tight grip on that plate of brownies. I don't know?

Celtic

Make that I DESERVE one.

Posted at 6:32 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
__________________________________________________

DESERVE = 1 brownie

DESERVERVE = 2 brownies

Posted at 6:41 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Does that mean I can have 3? Client fried my head tonight.

Posted at 6:49 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
_________________________________________________________

I think 'all you can eat' is

DESEEEEEEERRRRRVVVVVEEEEERRRRVVVEEE.

anyway that's how you'll be talking.

So, your clients were that bad huh.

Posted at 6:54 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

Yep. Divorcing couple. The only thing they agree on is that they like me. I've already sold the marital home for them. Now they each need to buy their own place. They know damned well that I cannot and will not reveal a clients personal information to anyone, so they say the wildest things to me about the other one. TMI. My worst nightmare is that they're want to buy the same house. My diplomacy and tact are stretched to the limit. Pass the beer and brownies.

Previous 15 Comments | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments