D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

azlee

oh and first draft...lol, trying to get it right here.

emerald

Mel Gibson - Co-Star: 'Gibson Has Quieted Down'
02 March 2011 22:01
Mel Gibson

Caption: Mel Gibson (Picture) Los Angeles premiere of 'The Edge Of Darkness' held at Grauman's Chinese Theatre Los Angeles, California ....
Co-Star: 'Gibson Has Quieted Down'

Mel Gibson's How I Spent My Summer Vacation co-star Scott Cohen has defended his pal amid allegations the movie icon is prone to violent and offensive outbursts, insisting he's the ultimate, calm professional.

Cohen admits he was nervous about working with the Aussie star following his recent bad press - and the leaked ferocious phone calls he reportedly fired off at ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva - but Gibson quickly put him at ease.

He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "He's quieted down... I found Mel to be really giving and really generous. When I first met him his energy was so intense. What comes out of his eyes is so magnetic and so fierce, you're like, 'Oh my God!'

"But he was nice, just joking around. He gave the director (Adrian Grunberg) an opportunity to direct his first movie, and Mel was there all the time kind of helping him with shots. I found him to be incredibly educating."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... wn_1205034
Contactmusic.com

----------------------------------------------------
Just thought I'd pop back with a nice canook share from the Team Mel site lol!

emerald

I heard from KH today and he sent me this about his book, so I am sharing.

hope it gets you there ok.

Posted at 9:16 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by azlee

azlee Is KH o.k and has he given a deposition?

emerald

Night guys definitely gone now hugs

azlee

didn't ask, he just said that he had that up, so I shared it.

azlee

if I was on the phone with him I would have asked, but messages on facebook are a lot slower, if I remember to ask him stuff, which I normally don't.

Midwesterner

Hi, Azlee!

I notice that the back cover says he was Ox's bodyguard for seven months. Do you know which months those are?

igotfleasfromtmz

azalea are you around- I need you to check out a number for me

igotfleasfromtmz

lee you have new mail! Got a call From LA

kali

Can you share? lol

igotfleasfromtmz

Kali I don't think you would believe me lol

igotfleasfromtmz

azlee will call and confirm. I don't call out due to our professions . esp the hubby

kali

I'm sure I would! lol
But I get it if you can't post it, I don't like it but I get it! :)

igotfleasfromtmz

My computer is a mac and it flipped out earlier got stuck on nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
took the batteries out of the key board ect. Knew someone was tracing me.
then the call. omg freaky

kali

OMG!
Weird stuff going on here or what?

Previous 15 Comments | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments