D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Previous 15 Comments | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106

observer77

hellnurse

it's odd that you should say that. i'm on a mac as well and about 1-1/2hrs ago a message came up onscreen when i tried to go onto safari "your IP address is being used" as if by another party and i couldn't sign on. that's the first time i've ever seen that message. my daughter had just come home from school and said maybe it was because she's just turned on her iPhone but i don't know....it's never happened before.

anybody else have weird stuff happen in the last couple of hours?

igotfleasfromtmz

This happen about 4 hours ago

igotfleasfromtmz

observer I suspect we realized since mac is quite different . Well If you get phone call your gonna love it.

observer77

hellnurse,

i'm not really computer savvy. what do you think happened? or am i over-reacting to that message?

can that message come up if someone ISN'T trying to access your computer? but, like i said, i've NEVER seen that message before.

what phone call are you talking about?

igotfleasfromtmz

observer I don't know if someone tried to access your system. I am not a computer geek.
Since my phone is directly plugged into my computer it was easy I guess , to get my number.

Midwesterner

Hellnurse,

Did you hubby have an explanation of why nothing happened on his chosen day? Did he ever explain why he thought today was the day?

Midwesterner

New thread

mama9

Life is gooey when your green. Have another :).

Posted at 7:19 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam

Sssssshh!! Don't say that, they'll all be claiming to be green just to get another one lol!

Posted at 7:23 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by emerald

*ribbit, ribbit. oh my Sam, they were so good but I started to see trails from my fingertips. lol Had to lie down. Missed the dang party again.
-----------------
But i gotta say: I would have been HAPPY to see a big ol tub of Vasoline and a vibrator! It would have been refreshing!

Posted at 7:43 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam
---------------

*didn't you know that vasoline is the best thing for safe sex. yup it sure is. you see you put it on the doorknob so the kids can't come in. lol

jode

azlee,

I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Janeny

I found on-line that MG's DUI was wiped from his record....now I wonder if Mr Cooley (the current DA?) was not happy with the DUI being "erased" so I wonder if he has a personal ax to grind with Mel and is using the (possible) DV charge to "right the wrong"?

Chris

I am sure wiping the record is not right otherwise we all could request the same privilege. (To say more, there are a lot of wrong records people do not deserve which is wrong but nobody cares to wipe those off) If the DA got upset about Mel's record being wiped out, I can understand why. But charging him with the DV just to "right the wrong" is wrong as well. If I were the DA I would rather go back and ask people responsible for wiping the old record why would the do the wrong thing like that.
AS for the DV, Mel had testified against himself, and that has been do***ented. If they truly investigated then there is a statute that justifies a violent response under certain cir***stance. I'd love to read the entire file but unfortunately we have no access to it.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

'wiping' the record the way Mel's was done AFTER he served and met all requirements of him is STANDARD practice in LA.

Janeny

avsecbostjan

I read your website from wordpress.

Abuse, corruption, injustice, "good" justified killings, like wars, massacres and genocide of your own people, world changing orders have been happening throughout the history of this humankind.
So you say it's all about Jews. The CIA, the KGB, the brainwash, the propaganda, the wars, the Nazi, the import of races, and all - is all about Jews. They are the core of the problem. Now what? Kill the Jew? Is this what you are calling for?
This does not appeal to me, not really. I think God created all equal, and He wants us to live in one piece as his Creation, and in peace. If injustice occurs we have the instructions to look up in the Bible. I don't think violence is an answer.

Were you really abducted by the cia? Why would they BOTHER? And why would they drag you out of the country and then let you live and speak out? Something does not fit in this picture.

Janeny

Posted at 7:27 AM on Mar 5, 2011 by Sam

So, he did not "wipe it out" but he expunged it, correct?

Janeny

I don't think violence is an answer.

I mean violence is not a CONVENTIONAL or reasonable answer unless a VERY strictly specified cir***stance occurs.

Previous 15 Comments | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106