Christina and BF -- Poppin' Bottles Before Arrest

3/1/2011 4:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend drank at least one -- possibly two -- bottles of expensive wine at a famous L.A. restaurant just hours before they were arrested ... TMZ has learned.

Christina Aguilera Matt Rutler Arrested

We've confirmed ... Aguilera and Matt Rutler had a late-night dinner date at Mario Batali's restaurant Osteria Mozza ... where they hung out in the private dining room past midnight.

We're told one of the restaurant patrons recognized Christina and asked the server to send her a drink ... but the server replied, "She's already drinking a bottle of wine... or two."

The patron sent over a dessert instead.

So far, no word on when Aguilera and her BF left the joint -- but sources who were at the restaurant tell us the couple got their entrees AFTER midnight ... when the place was closing down to the public.

As TMZ first reported, the couple was arrested around 2:45 AM this morning -- cops say Matt was driving drunk and Xtina was too drunk to take care of herself.

Bob Goodden

Way down in New Orleans everythings fine
All them cats just drinkin' that wine
Drinkin' that mess is sure delight
When they get slop drunk they sing all night
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De Drinkin' Wine
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De Drinkin' Wine
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De
Pass that bottle to me!
Well I got a nickle you got a dime
Lets get together and by some wine
Wine over here Wine over there
Drinking that mess everywhere!
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De Drinkin' Wine
Wine Wine Wine Half and Half
Wine Wine Wine Oh Boy
Pass that bottle to me
Yeah!
Piano Solo
Well all the way down on Bourbon Street Willies been
Uncle Willie wasn't selling but a little gin
One cat order a bottle of wine
Tip that cat for a dollar and a dime
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De Drinkin' Wine
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De Drinkin' Wine
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De
Pass that bottle to me!
Wine Wine Wine Elderberry
Wine Wine Wine Oh Sherry
Wine Wine Wine Blackberry
Wine Wine Wine Half and Half
Wine Wine Wine Oh Boy
Pass that bottle to me!

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/drinking_wine_spo-dee-o-dee_lyrics_richard_thompson.html
All about Richard Thompson: http://www.musictory.com/music/Richard+Thompson

Stella

@ 31 - TrueDat - you are 100% correct. I live in NYC also and cars/cabs are everywhere 24/7. No excuse for them to be drinking and driving. I would assume LA also has plenty of private car services also.

Jonzy

TrueDat - it’s illegal in the state of California to serve alcoholic beverages to a minor or an intoxicated person. It’s a violation punishable by revocation of the business permit, fines or even jail time.

And judging by the waiter's comment: ...asked the server to send her a drink ... but the server replied, "She's already drinking a bottle of wine... or two." ...the waiter was basically knew they were inebriated.

I wonder if the restaurant is at risk right now of losing it's liquor license or worse over this. I read an article somewhere about a family winning a suit against a restaurant for overserving them liquor/wine/spirit. What a mess.

Lia

Looks like Britt Britt and Christina will get along now! Heehee

paul

What A Whore!

PrincessEricaWorld

This just seems like she is trying to get attention...cause no one pays attention to Christina a...also it's funny it happened right when burlesque was being released to dvd. just saying

disgusted

Wake up call

Fred Farkel

"Shame on the restaurant for allowing them to allow them to leave in such a state before checking to make sure neither of them were driving. Shame on you Mario B for not having better policies for your staff to follow in cases like this!"

Posted at 12:04 PM on Mar 1, 2011 by tia

_____________________________________________________

Yes. That is the only story here. People get drunk but bars need to STOP THEM at the door.

happyday

People in America are so judgmental. Who cares if she went out and drank a couple of bottles of wine at dinner? I like to drink wine, and at times I drink way more than I should. I think I'm not the only one. Her boyfriend driving isn't good, although he was barely over the limit.

I feel bad for her--she has to be so embarrassed. She's obviously having a hard time, and these kinds of things don't help. The police really could have saved her the embarrassment and called her a cab instead of detaining her for everyone to know about. I do not think she's a Britney or Lindsay--she's partying too much in the wake of a divorce, but I can see her getting herself together and getting back to normal. Just drink your wine at home, honey!

Trainwrecks

Christina - You're an adult ... yes public intoxication is a no-no but we've all been there done that except those holier than though folks here.

But - this latest flavor of the month love of your life is using you - dump his a$$. He's a yes man that only cares about Christina Aguilera the celebrity and letting you run down a dark path during this hard time in your life.

Get single and stay single and heal, girl. Then enjoy life.

The Love Sponge

I love a drunk women. They always have the warmest hands. Just don't let them drive themselves home.

alexinwonderland

$30,000!? For a first DUI offense? He only blew a .09. Normally, bail is set that high when a felony is involved, or a second misdemeanor, or he refuses to take a BAC.

Lia

@orangista it says their entrees were served after closing after midnight Im sure they took their time eating and talking and drinking so getting arrested at 245 sounds right to me! just saying! That woould mean the restaurant could be liable for letting them go drunk!

Roe

These celebs need to grow up!!

Robert

Another Hollywood character assassination. I guess they didn't like her dumping the jew. The Jewish Hollywood machine is so transparent now. We see it all. We see you placing and promoting your Jewish actors and actresses more and more and your name changing tactic is no longer a secret.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments