Sean Penn & Scarlett Johansson

The Lunch Date

3/1/2011 5:20 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

With her foot in his lap during lunch, Scarlett Johansson, 26, got friendly with Sean Penn, 50, at Cuban restaurant Versailles in L.A. on Monday.

0301-sean-penn-scarjo-ex-tmz-02-credit
We're told the two were seen smiling and laughing together during the meal -- and one source inside the restaurant tells us Scarlett covered the bill.

Rumors of their "fling" have been swirling since January.

FYI -- Scarlett and Ryan Reynolds filed for divorce in December, while Sean finalized his divorce from Robin Wright Penn last July.

BigTime

He must be super-loaded because he is one ugly dude...

SYLVI212

You know, now that some of you have mentioned it, that isn't a very good picture of SCARJO, it might not be her after all. It's pretty "iffy" as to whether that is her. You can't really tell, it's not a good shot of the woman at the table.

JoyceL.

She is a single woman. She can date whomever she wants and I don't think Ryan is at home crying!!

Rose

oh my gosh! 2 people cannot eat lunch together without the loons wanting to ex-communicate them to Venezuela! LOL

tacky66

this clown didn't have enough money to pay the bill, the next time, and hopefully, there is not another time, don't ever pay the bill scarlett, you loose your prestige that way

Darkmetal

What makes me think that Ryan Reynolds realized just what a bubblehead he had married AFTER getting married.

Penn is another self-aggrandizing Hollywood twerp who hates America for it's Capitalism yet has gotten rich from it.

And what is with Scarlett putting her foot on Penn's groin? That is just...wrong.

JoeBlowIsBack

I think I just threw up in my head.

l

A place I've visited! I went for dinner one night and Ron Jeremy was there celebrating a woman's birthday with friends. True story! The pulled beef is excellent, the plantains are great and yucca isn't the best I've tried, but authentic.

Sarah

If they are dating it is just a bonus for this starlet hoping to beat natalie Portman to whatever project Sean is doing next. Durrr.....she paid for it. It was business, she is schmoozing for a part.

jack

What on earth does she see in him?

Zach Swan

Someone's getting some twice-her-age bone. Ew.

Quinn

That's a huge downgrade on her part. How you go from a hunk like Ryan to a wrinkly little turd like Penn?

Fidel's niece

Yay, Sean!
Keep up with the good work,
you are doing great work in Haiti.
Keep making great movies.
Love,hugs and kisses.

P.S. My uncle Fidel sends
you his greetings.

Jillian

Two liberal left wing nut job lunatics. They deserve each other.

susan