'Men' Co-Creator -- The Show MUST Go On!!!

3/2/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who co-created "Two and a Half Men" with Chuck Lorre is FIGHTING to make sure the show does NOT get canceled ... and has been telling people, "This show is not over."

0301_lee_chuck_EX_Getty

Lee Aronsohn – an executive producer on "Men" and "Big Bang Theory" -- has been vocal about NOT wanting to cancel "Men" .. especially because Lee recently made a deal to leave his post on "Big Bang Theory" to focus on Sheen's show.

But that was before the drama started.

Now, sources connected to the production tell us Lee had a "big meeting" with Chuck and a mystery third party yesterday regarding the fate of "Men."

We're told the mystery person could be another actor from the show ... or a bigtime exec.

Stay tuned ...

0228_two_half_men_cast_footer

Carvey

Yes, Big Bang Theory is great. I actually started watching 2 1/2 Men because it came on before Big Bang and there was nothing else on that ran 30 minutes.

Lori

The show MUST go on with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer! Give us fans all 8 of the remaining season's episodes too!

Posted at 1:04 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by TonyD
========================================

Tonys been a shill for CHUCKLES all day...drop it, CHUCKLES is DONE in this town.

dimes

They're meeting ad nauseum, no doubt. What to do, what to do...

HM

[snip]

...put in ROB LOWE as the long lost "HALF" brother momma never talked about...

Posted at 1:23 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Lori

-----------------------------------------

LOL! Lori, you're nothing if not persistent!

HM

Has Charlie declared himself to be God yet? I'm a bit behind in today's Charlie circus.

Posted at 1:00 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

------------------------------------------------

No, not yet, but we shouldn't have to wait long for it.

krys

Considering the show only is promised to a season nine, it can survive one year even at a declined rate of 50% which would be 7.5. Its only 24 episodes. I sincerely doubt Lorre and Sheen will EVER work together again. And I sincerely doubt Lorre would be the one to step down. Just kill off the character, have Alan take over the ownership of the Malibu pad (allow him to win for once!) and carry on with the kid and Berta. One void (well I doubt to the other actors and some fans) would be Sheen. Simple (in the words of Charlie) "Duh!"

Jim in Cali

Well thank god there's someone stepping up to save this show other than Charlie. Uh, Winning!!

Lori

LOL! Lori, you're nothing if not persistent!

Posted at 1:28 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by HM
==============================

I know...I can't help myself, ever since somebody mentioned his name earlier? I can't stop thinking that he would be the right fix for this mess...I'll try to contain myself, but I can't make any promises :)

Carvey

I'm still rooting for the pets.com sock puppet dog to be cast as Charlie's replacement, but I appear to be the only one on Team Sock Puppet Dog.

igotfleasfromtmz

He doesn't have drugs in his system, so now what you say? He is just crazy? or smart like a fox?

Carvey

Crazy.

HM

I can appreciate your passion for "Two and a Half Men", but don't quite share your fervour for Rob Lowe. As unrealistic as this will sound, I rather wish that Charlie Sheen's mental health will improve enough over the short term that his bosses will be placated by the actor's rational state of mind, so that the show can return. Probably not going to happen, but still.

Carvey

Chuck Lorre has a history of clashing with his stars. I don't see he and Charlie working it out to the point of creating a working relationship.

HM

Oops! My last comment should have been addressed to Lori's attention.

Carvey

Sheesh. Sorry for joining in the convo.