'Men' Co-Creator -- The Show MUST Go On!!!

3/2/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who co-created "Two and a Half Men" with Chuck Lorre is FIGHTING to make sure the show does NOT get canceled ... and has been telling people, "This show is not over."

0301_lee_chuck_EX_Getty

Lee Aronsohn – an executive producer on "Men" and "Big Bang Theory" -- has been vocal about NOT wanting to cancel "Men" .. especially because Lee recently made a deal to leave his post on "Big Bang Theory" to focus on Sheen's show.

But that was before the drama started.

Now, sources connected to the production tell us Lee had a "big meeting" with Chuck and a mystery third party yesterday regarding the fate of "Men."

We're told the mystery person could be another actor from the show ... or a bigtime exec.

Stay tuned ...

0228_two_half_men_cast_footer

Quinn

People who think Sheen should be replaced obviously don't care about the success show. what's this pipedream about some A lister coming in ans replacing him....never gonna happen. Time to Stick a fork in Two and a Half Men, Then fire the idiot who fired Sheen.

Luci

This is my favorite show. Charlie, Jon and the whole cast came together and formed one of the most brilliamt ensemble sit-coms EVER. NONE of them can be replaced. I hope Charlie gets the help he needs, and apologizes to the producers for his irractic behavior,and comes back to entertain his loyal fans.

KDJ_H

Remember SPIN CITY when Charlie Sheen replaced Michael J. Fox ... Think about it!!!!! ;))))

jim

I am sick of Charlie , He need to be knock out ,then get on the right meds . Its to the point I cant stand watching him on the reruns , It make me sick . He has kill the show . He is sick (its so black and white obvious ) By the way the lorrie dude is not innocent , He let it go on so he could make the money and let charlie get off in to la la land . Scrap two men ,shut Charlie up ,so we can love him again in the future .. Yes I like Charlie ,but I m not stupid.

Jim

James

Lorre should have just shut the F up and none of this would've happened. Aren't people like him supposed to be smarter than this? What an idiot!!

J.Mo

Charlie can't be replaced on the show but he could be written off. I vote that his house be left to a character played by John Laroquette.

JOHN LAROQUETTE!!!!

Jericho

This could be a huge opportunity to reboot the series. Charlie Sheen could be replaced by a black actor in the lead role! The ratings would skyrocket even higher. Remember how much BETTER the Charlies Angels movie sequel was when Bernie Mac replaced Bill Murray? They could also redefinite the half-man to be a hermaphrodite...

IsIAreIsMe

The last episode was Charlie and Rose leaving the country. They could easily make at least half a season with him being gone and focusing on the other characters. Cryer can carry the show by himself for awhile with no problem.

Seems like Lorre was worried about Charlie's health and dumped the show off on the other guy. Pretty crappy thing to do. He obviously doesn't like a challenge.

Fallopia Lopez

Those glasses are certainly not flattering to Mr. Aronsohn. When are people going to get over their lemming-like rush to wear those stupid squashed-rectangle glasses? So 2005.

Debbie Alexander

I like Charlie's character alot and yes, it would be hard to replace him, but there are alot of other great & hilarious actors on the show. I would not cancel this show just because Charlie Sheen is not on it...give credit to all of the actors, because they "all" made the show not just Charlie.
I think the maid is the funniest character on the show even when Charlie is there.

dawn szachon

I could do with out the Charlie part of the show ... 2 1/2 men could be successful with out his story line.

Luci

I can't imagine any replacement actor living in Charlie's Malibu beach house. It's just not right!

Anonymous

We want Charlie Sheen back on the set. He is a great actor and whatever is going on in his life is his business. CBS will be losing a lot of ratings without Charlie and if they even think about someone else in his place. We would not watch the show anymore. Bring him back.

Trevor

I think that the Chuck Lorre guy should flex his muscle and take Charlie Sheen's position. Because if he can... it would funny. And I think... people would probably have to watch.

In the first episode back they could make a really funny story on how charlie's looks suddenly changed. Actually... make it the 2nd or 3rd episode that you find out the replacement and have a bunch of build up...

The show is a comedy. So - it just has to be funny. People don't care if the actor changed. All you need to do is invest $$$ and get the funniest people writing the episodes. ie. more support cast. I rarely watch this show but I would watch if there was some big change.

tvmac

Bring in Michael J Fox to substitute for Charlie. At least until Charlie gets his personal life straightened out.