Eric Clapton's Dirty Laundry -- CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!

3/3/2011 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eric Clapton doesn't just WAIL on guitar -- he also fluffs and folds -- and yesterday in L.A., TMZ spotted the rock icon washing his clothes at a PUBLIC LAUNDROMAT!!!

Eric Clapton Video
There have been reports of Clapton sightings at laundromats in the past ... now, we've got the proof -- Clapton DOES HIS OWN LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!

... and if Eric Clapton can find time to wash his own clothes, your college kid has NO EXCUSE!

PT

I know why ... you cannot find good domestic help these days. These people want $50 and up per hour, and then do a poor job. And on top of that you have to watch them like a hawk or they will steal you blind. But one would think that Eric would have his own facilities; I hadn't heard he had become a peon. Unless, of course, these *are* his facilities!

gman

that was certainly not Eric Clapton. Is every single article or story on TMZ bogus?

Jackazz flatts

"Layla...Ya got me doin my own laundry"

mannequin

Eric Clapton is much too revered and respected to be frowned upon for going to the laundromat. Instead, talk about how Lohan appears to be dirty even though her clothes are washed. Maybe.

Andre

obviously he feels lonely and wants to feel down to earth. are you people blind, dumb, or both?

The BatMan

TMZ You guy Suck for This......

Shread

Like most British Rock Icons he is CHEAPSKATE with his $$$$.

JOHN

I HAVE SOME 15%-OFF WASH, COUPONS, AND, MONEY, FOR A CAB,JUST LET, ME, KNOW....

Mighty Moe

EC has a home in Columbus, OH and before he bought the place in Shawnee Hills he lived in a condo in German Village. Married a girl from Worthington and is seen all over town. Laundry mats in German Village before they bought the house. Gassing up his car at Speedway ....he is a really good regular guy who blends in the local crowds very easily. Talented, rich, but from what I have heard he is honestly very nice and not full of himslef. Hence, laundry mats and gas stations. LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!! He is allowed to be normal. I don't think they have a home in LA so why not go to the Laundrymat?
The rich stay rich by not having the Beverly Hilton do your laundry for megabucks when you can do it yourself. I'd still clean my own house if I was rich. Stuff like that is good for the soul!!

bob

i play guitar and do the laundry too. i think i'm better than he is at doing the laundry, though. more practice. so i'm better than Clapton.

Itoldu

He's been doing this for years.I think he writes about it in his Bio.
Now I guess since he's been busted,he's gotta go wash & fold.....

sunny

My guess is he was just enjoying some anonymity. His clothes probably weren't even dirty. Living in a fish bowl must be hell. Eric Clapton rocks!

Chia

Good for him. Hotel laundry is so expensive (even if you're well off, no one likes get screwed over). Go Eric!

Chia

dreamon

Lindsay Lohan was turned away from this very laundromat the other day. No amount of whining that she was just a regular person would work.