Charlie Sheen: I Twitter for Cash!

3/3/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen told TMZ ... the reason he's taken up Twitter is simple -- it's a "cash cow."

0302_charlie_money_01

Sheen told us ... his primary motivation behind the new ramblings is that he can score a fortune through advertising.  To give this some context, Kim Kardashian is reportedly pulling in $10,000 per tweet.

We pressed him more, and Charlie interrupted by saying, "Mike, I'm unemployed!"

In just 48 hours, Charlie has attracted 1.1 million followers.

0303_charlie_sheen_twitter_photos_footer

pyrochick

I won't be checking to see what he is saying. I'm waiting to wake up to headlines saying that Charlie Sheen is dead at the age of 54 or however old he is. He looks like 90 right now and all of these drug tests, you notice that they are HOME drug tests and not done in a professional office setting? Also, you can buy stuff for $150.00 to show any test clean. All he has to do is drink it 3 hours before the test. He's not a winner, he is stupid. He lost the cushiest job he will ever have. His brain is finally fried from the Gonnorea and Syphyllis he's had for years and on top of that being HIV positive and a drug addict, he doesn't have long to go. He's far from broke, so don't let this piece of crap fool you. He might have those bimbo's fooled, but not the rest of the world. I'm so sick of him. He's ugly with all of those pock marks in his face. Maybe that's where he shoots up.

Snow

Tony, Letterman didnt threaten to kill his intern or cut there head off while on crack.

Scott T. Kay

Hey post 127, no, I did not steal the "Muammar & Charlie" concept from Conan that I referenced in post 110; I don't watch that show . . . Everything I think of, which is a lot, is developed in an idea "clean room". You see, just because Conan's writers thought of the same funny thing I did does not mean I STOLE the idea from them . . . So put on your dunce cap and go to the corner until your critical thinking skills improve . . . To be honest, I am so over stupid, illogical people who leap to faulty conclusions . . . You remind me of my ex-wife and her attorneys . . . And yes, you, not I, should be ashamed . . .

Good Day!!

My Two Cents™ . . .

linda

Charlie take one day at a time i have a daughter with a terrible addiction and its so terrible for the entire family we pray everyday and we ll pray for you too your a terrible talent to loose

Happydog67

I am so very weary of all these self entitled celebrities. I admit it is interesting to watch what will happen next, and yet at the same time I am irritated by the way these people who are so blessed with wealth and opportunities live their lives. The rest of us regular folks that are out here busting our butts to make it and living our lives with some dignity and respect are becoming quite fed up with it all.
Shame on these spoiled, entitled, idiotic, no moral compass, no dignity, no shame, no empathy, no ethics ,self absorbed people. I could keep going, but it would be redundant. I will add one more shame though....Shame on me for keeping up with and reading about this ****....I need to work on that as it is definitely one of my personal character defects.

groovypet2

hes fake and so is the perceived life hes been living in. sucks for him and horrible for those 2 beautiful boys. so hes clean now. while both parents have been smoking crack for their 2 yrs of life so far. and to think one had a heart problem. shame on yall. pathetic parents!!!!!!! and yea im sure all this is for some other crap.

dawn

@Happydog67 I have to admit I too have been totally addicted to this story for the past few days, for a lot of reasons. Guess I'm going to have to add wasting time watching an addict self-implode to my list of character defects as well:)

Wendy

1 million followers is really not that much considering that their are like 300 million in the United States I think... so too me not everyone cares what Charlie does in his life all I care about the condition that the little boys are raised up in and that they can grow up in a stable evironment... that is the most important thing too me... Charlie made his bed now he has to lay in it...

Wildcat

If your like charlie sheen, you like women and gambling. To see both go to www.hotchicksfreepicks.com

harlow

How does that work? Charlie getting paid to tweet?

MFJ

lol CS ****ing? now thats a joke! he needs to get back to the show! ASAP!!

cARLbRAIN

$10,000 per tweet!!!!????? No wonder all this stuff is so expensive. We're footing the bill to cover Sheen's coke and Kim's Lipo WTF!!!

Kim

Kimd and gigi, you are both complete skanks and ho's. You prefer to follow a no talent hooker like Kim Karsuckian...LOSERS!

Winning, duh!!!

star

Charlie Sheen has a lot of nerve crying about being unemployed While he is sitting in his lavish mansion. I am sure Charlie Sheen is loaded with cash. He is insulting people like myself who have been unemployed for over 2 years now and cannot find a job who can barely put food on the table, who are barely keeping a roof over there heads.

Hey Charlie Check this out I am unemployed and really broke how about getting your millions of followers to help me out by donating to my fundraiser.

I am trying to raise funds so that I can attend Graphic Arts and animation School.

So come on Charlie how about doing some good deeds.

Jake

CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE, GET ME AND MY FRIEND ON RADION IN THE DFW AREA, WE WIL MAKE A FORTUNE FOR YOU.

-JAKE