Denise Richards: Charlie's Too Risky for Our Kids

3/4/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Denise Richards will not let her two kids near Charlie Sheen because she thinks it's just too risky ... sources tell TMZ.

0303_denise_kids_getty_EX

Denise, we're told, is "disgusted" with Charlie and the way he's living, and believes he would put 6-year-old Sam and 5-year-old Lola at risk.

Denise thinks Charlie is unstable, but also thinks the goddesses should not be anywhere near her kids -- partly because of allegations that at least one of them may be using drugs.

We're told Denise believes Brooke Mueller's allegation that on the way to the Bahamas, Charlie told everyone he "violently" hated Denise and was going to have her hair shaved off.

We're told the day before Charlie allegedly made that comment, he had asked Denise to sit for a photo shoot with him, their kids, Brooke and her kids, along with the goddesses -- and she refused.

We're told Charlie went ballistic at her, sending her vicious text messages, so she believes Charlie was in a state of mind to make the head-shaving comment.

As one source says, Denise just doesn't trust Charlie.

0304_denise_richards_charlie_Sheen_photos_footer

Debs626

Denise Richards is very smart to keep her girls far away from Charlie and those two skanks that is living with him. It is a
disatrous very unsafe environment for any child to be in.
Thank God Denise has the common sense to keep her girls safe.
This man is on the path to death.

Sophiecat

#98 So true, so very TRUE. I believe that the girls are already somewhat "traumatized" by the nastiness and fighting between their parents, for awhile there, every pic you saw of the girls they had a thumb crammed in their mouth, they seemed timid and insecure. When one of them - I don't remember which one - was little, Charlie pushed Denise to the ground, a little one may not remember that, but she WILL react to someone who is that loud and forceful, and the reaction is fear. I think those girls are afraid of Charlie when he starts in with his screaming rages and profanity. These kids have been affected, I do believe that. Denise can only do so much, legally, because Charlie IS their father (in name only) and the Sheen name is powerful. Brooke has even LESS to help her - Denise had some star power in her own right, and Denise's drug using didn't seem to turn into a major habit. Brooke wasn't so lucky, AND, she doesn't have the image clout that Denise has. I feel sorry for BOTH of these women, and yet at the same time - ladies: YOU MARRIED CHARLIE SHEEN. WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN, DID YOU REALLY THINK HE WOULD JUST MAGICALLY TRANSFORM INTO A NICE GUY? He's not a nice guy, girls. And the "goddesses" (again, in name only!) are going to find that out, too. Wait 'til the money starts to run out Wait 'til he's strung out and it's 3 am. Wait. Just wait. You'll see. And hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) you'll live to tell about it, but that's no guarantee......

thestones

anybody see the story last night on one of those stoopid media shows...showing footage of Charlie's 1990 wedding reception? The signs were there all along.
I'm sure some of you from/in abusive relationships cant relate to this self absorbed, selfishish person.

Tracy

This total A-hole shouldn't be allowed to raise a chia pet, let alone any children!

Northern Lights

Denise is a homewrecker IMO after porking Heather Locklear's hubbie (they were neighbors at the time). But Charlie has become the ULTIMATE space cadet in the last week or so, so WTF.

All I know is I am looking for "teamsheen" today so I can be entertained with his posts. Funny and delusional, so load the goddesses in the mothership and hum dum do dum dum hit the pipe and let us all know who the REAL warlock is teamsheen!!

I have to admit I LOVE this SHeen saga....this is one HELLA trainwreck I see approaching and I'm not even gonna buckle up for the ride!! Watching the warlock crash and burn will be the best part!

Teamsheen post on here and tell us what its like to run the mothership with goddesses!!! Us "poor folk" would LOVE to know.

Signed,
A fan of when you OD (the sooner the better)

PhilipMarkum

*** DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS CRAP? DENISE NEVER SAID ANY OF IT - YOUR "SOURCE IS MAKING CRAP UP TMZ - GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! ***

mjl

Things to remember, hes a Hollywood kid turned actor. born and raised in Malibu hitting it big and moving to the hills. didn't he get a Porsche for his 16th birthday? i don't think it was brand new, maybe restored but still i guess that's whats in the junkyards up in Malibu. he might have a slightly skewed image of his reality right now, maybe the drugs maybe not. though his dad martin tried for years to balance him and get him on the right track to no avail. you made him what he is Hollywood. this is what you get, take it or leave it. if charlie can get a grip this wont have to end bad.

KingCoon

What the **** Charlie no words but just kill yourself ended all now before its to late.

edwina

For the many Charlie defenders that I have read on this website, please consider reading this op-ed from the New York Times called "The Disposable Woman." This piece highlights Sheen's long history of abusing women but since he picks women of questionable character, he gets away with it. Please don't let him get away with it this time. If we cheer him on and make him a folk hero, we are all responsible for what happens next. And TMZ, this especially includes you.

Anya

Very wise Ms. Richards.... he is mentally unstable and therefore DANGEROUS.

R

Sure, she changed her public tune because a big gust of wind of public opinion hit some sense into her and she doesn't want to look like a Charlie enabler anymore.

Mike

I wonder if Charlie has woken up in the morning and said to himself ...

"holy sheut! What the hell have I been saying and doing the last month or so! Was that really me saying all that stupid stuff? I am REALLY a crazy man? I bet all my longtime friends think I've totally charbroiled my brain with the drugs and I'm about to go to the loony bin".

R

Thank you, thank you, edwina, for that great comment. And, like TMZ and other media have let Charlie Sheen get away with publicly lying about the Kelly Preston incident everyone should read:

kim

Denise is being a good mother with all the morals, values & self-respect. Her daughters will be proud of her when they realize how dysfunctional their lives could have turned out. TEAM DENISE ! ! !

Michael

"Ten Ways Charlie Sheen is Like Libya's Gaddafi" airs Saturday on Global American radio - check it out at www.GlobalAmerican.org