David Arquette in Head-On Car Accident

3/4/2011 7:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette was just involved in a head-on collision and he's injured ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Car Accident

David was driving in West Hollywood just a few minutes ago ... when his car veered into oncoming traffic.

David is lying on the ground right now -- bleeding --  as fire trucks are racing to the scene.

David Arquette Car Accident Video
A witness tells TMZ ... David was behind a car that stopped suddenly.  David then swerved to the left to avoid hitting the car and went into oncoming traffic.  David slammed into a car going in the opposite direction.

David was driving a silver Cadillac.

David Arquette Car Crash Pics
We're told David was on his way to Burbank airport to board a private jet which was going to Las Vegas, for the grand opening of Sugar Factory -- a candy store at the Paris Hotel.  He was supposed to attend a party hosted by Kim Kardashian.

UPDATE: He's being taken away by ambulance right now.

UPDATE 3:13 PM PT: Authorities now say the drivers of both vehicles suffered minor to moderate injuries.

Story developing ...

jw

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sad sad

Matt take a pill. Fine meaning he is not going to die. Relax.

Fred

distracted driving only works under certain cir***stances

marla

I am so glad this happened after rehab, but, I'm very sorry its happened at all. I did feel a little weirded out be the picture of David. Kinda like I'm invading his privacy. I feel bad for that and I pray for him and Harvey (with his tmz clan) that were in the other car. I just hope noone's too badly injured.

And thats the truth

WOW I guess most of you did not BOTHER to actually READ the 5 sentences to this story. A person in front of him slammed on their brakes, he swurved to the left to keep from hitting them and he hit a car head on. Nothing to do with drinking or a suicide attempt.

The person who stopped unexpectedly in front of him was probably texting or on the phone. Apparently not paying attention, kind of like some of the readers of this story.

WellSinceYouDidntAsk

Funny, I don't see a scratch, a mark or any blood on him at all. Has Arquette got a job or is he out of work in pop culture generation bohemian psycho? Is this a wag the dog stunt to make news? Nah...

JLS

God bless you, David. I know several people that have made similar reactionary mistakes when they saw a car suddenly stopped in front of them. This is a bad one. I hope somebody called Courtney right away...

John

Oh wow!!!! Sure hope everyone's okay.

abchjk7

Obviously, it was the fault of the guy in front of him for suddenly stopping short. Either way, someone was going to get hit in that scenario. I hope they know the guy who was driving the front car, for insurance and everything else.

Praying that everyone involved is safe and in good condition.

CrashAndBurn

I'd say this is one lucky dude getting out a party hosted by KK. God must be watching over him.

sokun

That's sad http://www.abidings.com

Kiko

"Obviously, it was the fault of the guy in front of him for suddenly stopping short...."
Posted at 4:01 PM on Mar 4, 2011 by abchjk7

WRONG!

shar

Lovin the hate :/ Poor guy is gettin his life back together. Hope hes ok and the other driver and occupants aswell

Uncle BERNIE

Quick! Get a red carpet there ASAP!

brenda

tmz has the pics..they were probably the cause of the wreck