David Arquette in Head-On Car Accident

3/4/2011 7:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette was just involved in a head-on collision and he's injured ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Car Accident

David was driving in West Hollywood just a few minutes ago ... when his car veered into oncoming traffic.

David is lying on the ground right now -- bleeding --  as fire trucks are racing to the scene.

David Arquette Car Accident Video
A witness tells TMZ ... David was behind a car that stopped suddenly.  David then swerved to the left to avoid hitting the car and went into oncoming traffic.  David slammed into a car going in the opposite direction.

David was driving a silver Cadillac.

David Arquette Car Crash Pics
We're told David was on his way to Burbank airport to board a private jet which was going to Las Vegas, for the grand opening of Sugar Factory -- a candy store at the Paris Hotel.  He was supposed to attend a party hosted by Kim Kardashian.

UPDATE: He's being taken away by ambulance right now.

UPDATE 3:13 PM PT: Authorities now say the drivers of both vehicles suffered minor to moderate injuries.

Story developing ...

Loserceleb

This guy just thrives on attention! Courtney was right - he is like a baby that needs constant care and attention. What a loser. Kudos to Courtney for putting up with him as long as she did. Anyone after David must seem like Mr. Perfect. Good Lord dude, get it together already! Or be forever known as the Loser Arquette.

cekeste

You sick chits- taking pictures of an injured person? I usually say that celebs are fair game, but this is my last visit to the site.

Frank

As soon as he's OK, someone needs to beat a little bit of the crap out of him, for endangering the lives of those in the oncoming car.

honey2000

Wow, driving too fast obviously!
Damage to the car is major, the street is only, what, 50' wide? Perform your due diligence accident investigators...

yourbestfriend

Texting and driving?

dave

I believe I'd opt for the rear-ender over the head-oner.

CCS

Terrible accident. I pray he and the other driver make a full recovery.

CrisDizzle

KARMA'S A B*TCH, EH DAVID??? Worst WCW heavyweight champion ever!!!

Tiffany

what the hell is wrong with people? i mean seriously the guy gets in a car accident and all a sudden people want to make accusations. what? like you're a perfect driver all the freaking time, and I'm sorry last time I check when something stops in front of you most people reactions is to swerve out of the way. you people make me sick. I hope david and everyone else is going to be okay.

Jody

His life has really gone to **** since Courtney left him.

daisy

Check out beautifui handmade jewelry...

www.daisybead.com

puddleduck

Taking pictures of an injured person is just wrong....celebrity or not!

Paul Marco

What's funny is that 98% of you that are posting are not even from California or even understand the area where he had this accident.

Quit lusting for a false dream. I live in Los Angeles and am up and down all these streets. This is not a major thoroughfare...he is on an offbeat street and was probably rippin it and tangled with someone!

I work as a UPM and approve my comment!!!

CamelToeWeekend

I wish it was Charlie Sheen in the car accident, instead of Dvid.

mrspatrickcampbell

Homosexual David is scorching hot and appears to be wearing a wig.

Discuss!