David Arquette in Head-On Car Accident

3/4/2011 7:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette was just involved in a head-on collision and he's injured ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Car Accident

David was driving in West Hollywood just a few minutes ago ... when his car veered into oncoming traffic.

David is lying on the ground right now -- bleeding --  as fire trucks are racing to the scene.

David Arquette Car Accident Video
A witness tells TMZ ... David was behind a car that stopped suddenly.  David then swerved to the left to avoid hitting the car and went into oncoming traffic.  David slammed into a car going in the opposite direction.

David was driving a silver Cadillac.

David Arquette Car Crash Pics
We're told David was on his way to Burbank airport to board a private jet which was going to Las Vegas, for the grand opening of Sugar Factory -- a candy store at the Paris Hotel.  He was supposed to attend a party hosted by Kim Kardashian.

UPDATE: He's being taken away by ambulance right now.

UPDATE 3:13 PM PT: Authorities now say the drivers of both vehicles suffered minor to moderate injuries.

Story developing ...

kpacota

Totally tasteless to publish those photos. Especially since we don't know how badly he's hurt. Would TMZ have posted Princess Di's photos if they were on the scene even while it was happening?? Harvey... use some restraint.

Kate

He doesn't appear to be too badly hurt in the picture. I hope that's the case. It makes me a little sick that a bystander thought this would be a great time to snap a picture of him. "Oh look! David Arquette at a difficult point in his life! I can sell that!"

mike

cell phone....no doubt

Kiko

If you are driving on a city street so fast and so close to the person in front of you that you can't stop without causing a high-impact collision, the YOU are the idiot,

damian921

there are rumors that he suddenly saw an apparition of Charlie Sheen yelling "WINNING" and he had to swerve to avoid hitting him

calvin Broadus

Can TEAM CHARLIE still drive? I guess the Goddesses can still drive him around town safely?

srsly

i can't believe you guys posted this ****. peace out, too creepy for me.

rach

is he taking a little nap or sunbathing,wtf

Gia

TMZ it is time that you start pulling offensive postings. No one s/b wishing harm on this guy, regardless of his history. I hope he's all right, and all the idiots like DANA should think about how they'd feel if this was someone in their family.

Majestik

I say again, Where's the blood, inside his cowboy boots? Sensationalizm much....

Still hoping the driver of the other car isn't hurt. I see airbags.

DANA

I hope he is tested for alchohol ASAP so everyone can see what a liar he is.

dman

He was probably trying to outrun TMZ at the time.

jlr

He doesn't look like he is bleeding. Probably thinking "oh ****, damn papparazzi"

Ms.Chris

Well said nof. All the people making negative comments about the crash obviously are not experienced drivers. At some point, every body has been in that situation, when someone short stops. Luckily, the time it happened to me, no one was coming when i swerved left. My mother, when it happend to her, there was no where to swerve and she ended up being in the middle of a 3-car wreck. This is not funny. I hope they nail the guy who short stopped! David's air bag is deployed, those things hurt! Guy has to be in some pain right now!

KTD