Huckabee

Rips Natalie Portman

Over Pregnancy

3/4/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fox News host Mike Huckabee claims Oscar winner Natalie Portman is a bad role model for America -- all because she got knocked up before marriage.

0304-huckabee-portman-bn-getty-01
Huckabee went on a radio show Monday and said, "One of the most troubling things is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet that boasts of, hey look, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having children and they're doing just fine."

Portman is engaged to her baby daddy -- co-star Benjamin Millepied.

Huckabee -- a Republican who could make a run for the White House -- added, "There aren't really a lot of single moms out there that are making millions of dollars each year by being in a movie"

"I think it gives a distorted image that not everybody hires nannies and caretakers and nurses. Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare."

So far, Portman has yet to respond.

Venus1971

Where did he say she's a bad role model??? I love the left spin on things! She can afford to care for her baby, lots of UNEDUCATED and POOR women can't. That's what he said!!

Michelle

Mike Huckabee is a total jackass. I am a single mother and have been for 20 years. I have NEVER been on public assistance even though I had my daughter when I was a teenage. I finished high school and college after getting kicked out of my house for being pregnant AND my daughter is now a full time college student in nursing school. I have worked 2 and 3 jobs to make it work but I made it work and so have MANY MANY MANY other single moms. How dare he make those obsurd, ridiculous comments. You are a jackass and please feel free to contact me so I can tell you that you are a jackass!

kate

Hey 82...We liberals are sick to death of ignorant Teapublicans telling us how to live our lives.....If Jesus were walking to earth today I dare say he would be sickened to the core by what the right is doing in his name. Disgusting!!!!

Superman

Fox News is a NAZI Revival. Those damn Republicans are just so damn self-righteous on every topic that it makes me sick...They are just pissed that there is a Democrate in office TRYING to clean up the mess they left behind for 8 years..Jesus, get with it Mike! Being a pregnant unwedded mother is pretty damn common. Welcome to the 21st Century and get out of the dark ages plus Natalie seems very capable and mature to handle it so stuff that elephant up your a**!!

Posted at 8:54 AM on Mar 4, 2011 by LBjim
----------------------

Irony....you mention Jesus while you spew out that evil, vile crap. And no, I'm no republican and I hate Fox News. You just want to lead people down the wrong path as if it is "common".

Lori

I'm out...HUCKABEE is RIGHT...people are just trying to rationalize their choice to have children and NOT be married.

Look at the statistics...they don't lie....unwed mothers, who's SH*T bag baby daddy's, that don't pay a dime of support are the poorest of the poor in this country and the children who make it out of that poverty? Well that's a miracle.

dee

In Israel where Miss Herschlag (Miss Portmans real name) is actually from none of Mr. Huckerbees' dire doomsday prophesies for single mothers would come true as their system of National Insurance would protect both mother and child.

Strange world where politicians that can possibly shape world affairs have so little appreciation for them

janet

No one wanted Bristol Palin to talk about teen pregnancy espically when your kid will always be financially set for life. Hard to take someone seriously on that.

stella

@90 What is your responsibility when you see the law being broken? Do you have a role to play to prevent it? If someone is fragrantly breaking the law, do we just wait for 'someone else' to clean it up?

olivia

My Republican, conservative husband walked out on me and my 3 children. I have loved and supported them for 20 years on my own. Not every life turns out the way you planned, so stop being so judgmental, Mr. Huckabee.

cregis

Marriage means nothing. Fifty per cent end in divorce. Why does Huck care about Portman? He must think it's giving him a platform. Yeah, Dan Quayle did so well with his ridiculous Murphy Brown criticism. Finally Huck is revealing himself as a Southern Baptist preacher, someone who wants to judge and control other people. Portman can support her child, her personal business is her own. It's hard to believe someone will get pregnant because Portman did because she is a role model.

Bob Miller

Hey Mike--- you need to put your brain in gear before you put your mouth in drive. More drivel spewed to get the conservative vote?

mariana

and this guy wants to run for president?? o no please ... this kind of people are just so close-minded that they think their beliefs are the god ones are the only ones, they put at risk freedom of be what you want to be and do want you want to do in your personal life, Is he a priest ?? or why the **** he is trying to lecture people …keep you beliefs at home and just do your job Mr. Huckabee, everyone is entitle to manages their personal life the way they want. When this kind of guys have to much power is very scary

Sono

If his goal was to sound thoroughly out of tough with anyone under the age of 40, mission accomplished.

Venus1971

YEAH 82! CORRECT

jlr

@105 Southern Baptist preacher, someone who wants to judge and control other people

May be the most uneducated statement ever written.