« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestler Claims Racial Profiling After Jaywalking Arrest

3/6/2011 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former WWE star Shad Gaspard was arrested yesterday in Columbus, OH after what his wife claims was a jaywalking incident that turned into a case of racial profiling.

0306_Shad_Gaspard_getty_exd
Shad's wife Siliana tells TMZ her husband did not resist when a cop tried to bust him for jaywalking as he made his way to the Arnold Fitness EXPO. She says Shad got into a kneeling position to show he was not resisting ... but the cops shoved his face into the dirt anyway.

Siliana tells us Shad told her he felt like he was "being profiled" and "treated like a n****r."

Former UFC champ Josh Barnett, who was with Gaspard at the time, seemed to back up Shad's version of events on his Twitter page, posting last night, "Shad Gaspard arrested because a Columbus officer abuses his authority. False jaywalking charge + attitude turns to handcuffs and tackling."

According to law enforcement, Gaspard was arrested for resisting arrest and obstructing official business.

Calls to the Columbus PD were not returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

MADNEWYORKER914

Ohio seem like a f***ed up state!!! The first time I seen a punk a$$ skin head was in Ohio!!!

dizzaydotcom

nothin new

not surprised in OH

He gets backed up by Josh Barnett, who is as white as Ivory Snow, yet its still the race card. Some of you white people would blame blacks for getting lynched. You're the worst of this rapidly deteriorating country.

Cochise

#1 N.O. Lady you read the article so STFU bitch and stop being and ignorant c*nt.

#77 jbsasktheape8888 you read the article too so don't be a ****ing retard. He obviously acknowledged that he did wrong and was surrendering himself in the most humbling manner, getting down on his knees which most people wouldn't do from the start for simple jaywalking. The cop still didn't care and decided to push his face in the dirt. For jaywalking. It's racial profiling because he probably wouldn't have done all that **** to a white guy in a business suit for the same offense.

Darrin h>

I have no doubt it was a BIG BOY play....and then when enough cops got there to take his ass down( because he was a big some bitch)..He screams race card. If it was a white guy it would be sblime. Can you please take a look at the demographics on population from whites to blacks in Columbus...and then take alook at the graphics for blacks to whites on the force...Then take a look at the graphic for the qualified individuals who were denied against those who were...lololol Man that has got to be outrageous.....Geez just because of race..that seems kind of crazy..I mean these people were so much more qualified than these people to protect the people of our city but HEY these guys are black so lets give them a job....OH YEAH I GET IT

Rick

Yes, Columbus, Ohio is very racist and most of the Police Force are White Racist from (or are descendants) from Kentucky, West Virginia and Apps of Ohio and Pennslyvania. On April 08, 2011, I was arrest in Columbus, Ohio and I just relocated to Columbus from Philadelphia, PA on March 13, 2011 for a job interview. I am 43 years of age, Black American and I have never had a criminal History in my entire life. I went to the Central Ohio Workforce to register as a participant and went through the orientation, etc the week of March 17, 2011 and I received an official participant number to use the equipment during business hours to search for employment. computer. I asked and employee at 11:54a.m on April, 2011 would she make me a copy of my resume and she agreed. As I was waiting for my resume (I had gathered all my belongings and was waiting in the front row of chairs(standing), the Columbus Police Officer took out his flashlight and flashed it in my face (the entire office lights were on).

After I received my resume, I asked the officer, Why did he flash his flash light into my face? The Columbus (coward) Police Officer said to me, "I can do what I want." I responded to the Columbus Police Officer by stating, "I was waiting for my resume, I haven't done anything and I can write a letter to your supervisor and file a citizen complaint (politely)." At that moment, the Columbus Police Officer grabbed me, threw me across the room with my belongings onto the floor. As he threw me (God doesn't like ugly), he lost his balance and fell on the floor. I got up and began shouting, "does anyone have a cmaera phone?" No one came to my avail (they just all looked as if it was a side show). the COWIC Offices are located on the second floor and the exit is to the first floor via the staircase. Igot up from the floor gathered my belongings and stated I haven't done anything, I am leaving. The Columbus Police Officer continue to grab, push and shove me down the hallway, down the staircase with his gun on his hand (I was in fear and I continue to cooperate by trying to leave but he continue to use excess force on me) and as I was opening the door, he grabbed my left arm and handcuffed me and said, "I am going to make sure your Black Ass go to jail ******." At that moment, I cooperated. Then the Columbus Police Officer grabbed my right arm and handcuffed me (my hands were behind my back), told me to lay down on the ground and he jumped on my chest with his gun.

I pleaded for my life, then, he jumped off me, told me to turn over on my left side and as I was turning, he tazed me in my left leg then in my right leg (he had a look on his face of hate and pleasure as he was tazing me). I continued to cooperate. He lied on two police reports stating I was resisting arrest and I was criminally trespassing. All the officers on the seen were White and racist and one of his partners told me, "don't look at him or he would F*^% me up some more. The Columbus Police Officer falsified two Police reports on me stating that I was criminally trespassing and I resisted arrest. I was jailed for 2 days, went before the judge, fingerprinted, etc and I am still fighting this case because the continue to have pretrials here. Columbus is racist, the Black People here have no voice and are afarid to rock the boat and Shad isn't lying. If Shad and others would like to do a Class Action Law Suit, I am willing to do so. Anyone that tell you differently about Ohio, Michigan and Indiana are liars (I am a native Chicagoan). I can be reached at 1-614-806-4072 (Rick)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6