Lindsay on Surveillance Tape -- I Told Ya So!

3/7/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources close to Lindsay Lohan tell TMZ she thinks the fact Kamofie & Co. sold the surveillance video of her proves what she's been saying all along ... they are just using her to make a quick buck.

0209_lohan_inside_court_TMZ_ex
As we previously reported, the jewelry store worked with a broker to peddle the tape -- despite the fact lawyers for the prosecution asked them not to, fearing it would ruin their case.

Now the tape is out there ... and sources close to Lindsay tell us she feels vindicated.  Lindsay insists it proves Kamofie & Co. are trying to capitalize on the situation and are motivated entirely by money.

Lindsay hopes the store's actions will sway public opinion -- and the prosecution -- to see things her way.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Holly

No doubt in my mind Shawn Holly is behind this.
SHE'S the one who made a copy. I can not stand that greedy lady.
Anyone who participated in OJ's defense should be locked up for murder along side with OJ.

pink glitter

Wanna know what's terrible, I mean really terrible about all of this?

A jewelry store showcasing many talented artist's collections will soon be forced to close it's doors. Hard working people will be forced to close the door to something which was YEARS in the making Why? I'll tell you why. They welcomely opened their door to one Lindsay Lohan. A thief, piece of garbage, vile, and a junkie. She has turned the lives of one Kamofie & Co. upside down to be sure.

Their business has suffered greatly, and after they collect their 35Grand, I hope they get a lawyer and sue HER ASS OFF for damages suffered...She absolutely destroys everything she goes close to.

Sickening.

Sammie

Lohans strike again. Since the store didn't want to press charges to begin with, how easy would it be to coerce them to do something to screw up the case due to pressure, money or whatever from the infamous Lohans? They paid off the woman she smacked at rehab and isn't it odd she never got called on the urine test she refused to take that night? Lindsay should thank her lucky stars she's got people who will do anything, pay anything, to keep her lilly white @ss out of jail. But all these avoidences will come back to bite her someday since she, obviously, never learns a darn thing. That girl (actually, she is an adult woman who could have a 10 year old) is just plain stupid.

Areader

This charge against Lindsay Lohan has been a farce from the get go! You have an Asst DA running for office who is clearly attempting to put Hollywood's bad girl behind bars to help her election cause. Shawn Holley should take this case right to trial and wipe the floor with Dannette Myers!

Grandma Cracker

So what if they sold the tape. She cost them money! She's just pissed that SHE couldn't sell the tape and make money!

Waiting til after court to sell the tape would have greatly devalued it. It is worth a lot more now than after everybody sees it in court.

I told you so???? FAIL

Pimpcessa

I just don't see how this would make her feel vindicated. The question isn't whether these people can or will (legally) make money off a situation where she STOLE FROM THEM.

Who gives a **** about that, they should be entitled to make lemonade out of Lindsays the lemon.

I find it even more laughable that she would think that, just because the jewelers did something she feels is distasteful, their actions have VINDICATED her. Just shows how her little pea brain works.

She can screw up all the time and she has excuses out the wazoo, but let someone else do something not totally politically correct, and she feels that should be her get out of jail free card.

Haha, Linds, you still walked oout of a jewelry store with something you didn't pay for. You had it for days, so you knew you still had it. And you returned it only after you got tipped off of a search warrant....to the police! Thief!!

ilovegossip

Lidsay doesn't care what we think. I personally think she should just go away. I would be happy with that outcome.

ilovegossip

Innocent or not, Most people here hate LL with a passion. I find it very entertaining.

ilovegossip

innocent or not, most people here hate LL with a passion. I find it very entertaining.

Jay

Well video gets from bank robberies and thefts are released all the time before trial so its not that big of a deal as far as messing up the investigation from being out there.

Although it does hurt the stores credibility. I think it was so dumb of the store to do this. Although it doesnt change the fact Lindsay shoplifted.

Lindsay gave this store the opportunity to cash in when she robbed from them, they just seized the opportunity because their greedy thats all.

Pimpcessa

Radar claims that the store has financially suffered because of the constant paparazzis presence and a reduction of customers coming thru the door since the fiasco.

They sold it for 35K and they deserved to be compensated for the smear campaign the blohans brought on them after she was charged with the crime.

Tsk tsk, Linds, how does it feel to get the short end of the stick once in a while??

ilovegossip

Nice try fake name person. People will realize it's not me posting, considering I'm a little more articulate than you are.

wrangler003

She STOLED the necklace, does not matter if a tape is sold or not, Linds you were on TV using it making money, what is the difference there. Jail time is all that is needed for this piece of crap.

Spot

If I were the prosecutor, and I had asked the store not to sell the tape, and they did..... I wouldn't get angry, I would get even!

Drop the felony charge to a misdemeanor and make a public statement that I have decided that the necklace is not worth more than 50 dollars.

Continue to demand 6 months jail time for the theft and the probation violation but tell the judge I want him to decide the actual time in jail.

If the judge gives her 4 months instead of 6 I still get a conviction and put her in jail and the jeweler looks like an over pricing rip-off merchant to the world.

Lets see what they try to sell this time... and next time cooperate when your asked to!

pink glitter

Even if she gets away again I take restitution in knowing that where ever she goes, what ever she does people will forever be watching her every move. She is labeled a thief and that never ever goes away.