'Celeb Rehab' Rocker Mike Starr Dead

3/8/2011 7:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr died in Utah ... TMZ has learned.

Mike Starr Dead

Starr appeared on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab" back in 2009 -- and was arrested last month for felony possession of a controlled substance. Salt Lake City cops say he had 6 Xanax pills and 6 Opana (painkiller) pills when he was busted.

Starr was 44 years old.

Mike's dad tells TMZ, "It's a terrible shock and tragedy."

UPDATE: Police tell us Starr's body was found in a Salt Lake City home today. Cops say they were called to the house at 1:42PM.

Story developing...

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45

renee

so so sad...I watched him on celebrity rehab and I was truly truly pulling for him.............I'd hoped things would have been different for him..RIP Mike...you're not just another statistic...Now you can rock on and on and on...............

Jennifer Dougherty

Jus*****ched Celebrity Rehab (current season), and am still crying when Shellie told Steven Adler of Mike's passing. RIP Mike.

Jen

God bless you mike,from one struggling addict to another,your fight with this is over.may you find happiness now.

Annabelle Scott

too bad, I felt bad because I watched him on dr.drew.
My condolences to the family.

reanna

thank you for spoiling the episode where rose kills charile on 2 and a half me lmao love tmz

Martee

Dr. Drew happens to be one of the best addiction experts in the world. Also, for your info, out of all rehabilitation centers all over the world, the average success rate for remission of drug and alcohol addiction is less than 10%. I am a recovering addict myself and have been clean and sober for over 8 years now. I have seen a whole heap of drug counselors in my day and Dr. Drew is the best and most knowledgable addiction expert I personally have ever seen.So please do not comment on something you know nothing about.

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45