Mike Starr's Last Voicemail -- I 'Need' Drugs

3/10/2011 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr was on a desperate hunt for drugs the night before he passed away ... and TMZ has obtained the last voicemail Mike left for a person he was trying to score from hours before he died.

Mike Starr Voicemail

On the tape, Mike says he's willing to pay whatever it costs to get his hands on some "bud" ... and insists, "I need it so bad."

As we previously reported, Mike had been struggling with addiction for a while ... but just hours before he died, his roommate tells us the rocker was mixing methadone with anxiety medication.

So far, no cause of death has been determined.

thestones

so did he get his bud and how much???

Chris

You know what .....i am tired of this website....you post 911 calls of people that need help...you enjoy the pain of others and show it like a joke...but let me guess it helps your ratings...i wonder how it would be if all of this was turned on your life.....you are not perfect...you never will be but you act like you are...i have to say i am tired of this style of news that you produce...its not news at all..and sometimes you force people to react....yes he had is problems...but I am sure if i could grab a camera and follow you all around i can dig some dirt up....this **** has to stop....but it won't and we are now stuck with it....I an American that lives in Europe ...I did my time in the army..so don't get me wrong I love our country...but i have to say we look like *******s....seeing it from a new way over here...soooooo tmz enjoy your ratings and your paychecks on celebs who die......what happened to .....ahhhh **** what a waste of my time and energy..

Uh

What's the big deal? Another junkie bought it. So what?

tami

addiction is a terrible thing--its so hard to quit if ya dont have the strenght to RIP

Chris

That just the Thing tmz love addicts and people who are trying to deal with their problems .....a death..a bonus for them...getting someone who reacts pissed off after thy harrassed them....gold for ratings....for me its getting old...yes ...I know I am still on the website.....yes..for being here ia m an *******......but finding out about a man that was trying to get his fix and then died.... It just really seems wrong.. I have heart felt sorrow for his family and friends....any one who has been an addict or had to deal with an addict..knows what I am saying...stop taking advantage of peoples misery...it's wrong....I know it..you know it.... But **** it...they pay check is greaat

kelli

Methodone, xanax, and weed are all drugs to help him stay off heroine.
He was trying to help himself but addiction is a deadly and tragic disease.

Josh

This is a new low TMZ for posting this tape. **** you and the low life that sold the tape. ****ing scam bags.

And a side note again again i say weed is not a drug but a plant.

Lady Di

Shame on TMZ....agree w all that finding some "bud" may have saved his life. Harvey you can be such an ******* sometimes...

w

From what i read Mike RIP was mixing Methadone and Xanax Andy Irons RIP one of the top Surfers in the world died from the same thing, my question who are the Dr.s prescribing this crap to people? I was a Sales Manager for a Company a while back and I hired recovering Heroin Addicts and they all took Methadone, some would actually "nod off"at thir cubicles. who is monitoring these people? Hey I am not perfect but I know one thing anyone can beat any addiction if they try hard enough and they really want to get it together, what happens is the damage chemically to the brain renders them unable to make decisions anymore they are "fried" For Life probably from all the crap they cut drugs with these days, I know firsthand I deal with people like this on a daily basis and its frigin scary. PEOPLE PLEASE DONT DO DRUGS, RIP MIKE

Michelle

Yaaaa... when the headliner reads "I need drugs" I assumed, hmmmmm heroine, cocaine, hash, pills..etc... But weed?!! Really?? Kind of over dramatizing TMZ aren't you?

Still, Sad that he couldn't kick what ever demons he had :(

Dawn

Had he gotten his weed he would still be alive. He turned to xanex when he couldnt get it. LEGALIZE PEOPLE.

Sadly, i wonder if someday we will be sitting here listening to Charlie "winner" Sheenes last phone call. " Hey its Charlie from 2 1/2 men!"

Michelle

I totally agree!! That sh**t is legal, but bud isn't...WTF is wrong with that picture??!!!
*************************************************************

Angel

BUD>

GOES TO SHOW YOU, HAD HE BEEN SMOKING POT WITH THE METHADONE, INSTEAD OF DUMB-*SS DOCTOR PRESCRIBED XANAX, ETC

HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE

HERB SAVES LIVES.

PiercingKen

It was a shame to see him not able to overcome his illness and continue to make music for his fans as a sober person. Those early Alice In Chains albums are incredible and are still relevant music in this ever changing musical geography of today. Rest In Peace Mike.

Kate

Prophetic. Killer price indeed.