ABC Star -- Cops Pulled a GUN On Me!!!

3/9/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Romany Malco -- from ABC's "No Ordinary Family" -- tells TMZ he had a gun drawn on him by a police officer last night ... for no apparent reason, he claims ... and he even videotaped the aftermath of the incident.

The video shows a verbal confrontation between Romany and a police officer in Hawthorne, CA  -- just outside L.A. -- moments after she pulled him over ... and approached his car with her gun drawn. Here's what Romany says went down right before he started recording the incident.

The officer pulled him over shortly after 7PM, and Romany claims she immediately began yelling, "Roll all the windows down and put your hands out the window ... everyone!!"

Romany says he grabbed his wallet and put his hands out the window -- which is when he noticed the officer had her gun drawn.

Romany says he shouted, "Since you've made the assumption that I'm a criminal ... you've got your gun drawn .. are you gonna shoot me?  I dare you, please."

He says the officer approached his car -- a white Lexus sedan -- and began to explain, "Two guys were seen ... " Romany claims the officer cut herself off when she looked into his car and saw his dog -- an American Bulldog named Doodle -- sleeping in the back seat.

Romany says he gave her his wallet and when she walked back to the patrol car ... he began recording on his phone.

In the video ... Romany asks the officer for her name and badge number -- which she provides. Ultimately, he was not cited for anything and went home.

Hawthorne PD tells us they had just gotten a call from a nearby T-Mobile store that three black males -- suspected of casing the store -- had fled when a security guard approached them. Police say Romany drove out of the same parking lot where the suspects had fled.

Police tell us they've reviewed their in-dash camera and Romany's video and believe the incident was handled correctly.

Romany says he just wants to know why the gun was pulled. He went to Hawthorne PD this AM to discuss the incident and request records ... and says he'll only get lawyers involved if he feels he was treated unlawfully.

noneofyourbusiness

__________________________
Pretty reasonable explanation to me......although having a gun drawn and pointed at you is a pretty scary thing. Seems like everyone wants to sue for something these days.

dawnmarie

Ever heard of Firpo Carr? Check that story out sometime. He & Romany could be twins. I always saw it from Romany's side, until I married an officer.

kk md

Since you've made the assumption that I'm a criminal ... you've got your gun drawn .. are you gonna shoot me? I dare you, please."

________________________

He said Please.....

Caring Kate

He absolutely has the right to pursue his rights if he feels they were violated. However, as citizens who elected to have police in place to protect us, we should offer them every courtesy and understanding when they attempt to protect themselves. Hope Romany can think beyond himself to the big picture. If the offender was described as being white with red hair and he was white with red hair, he would have been pulled over with gun drawn. Even if the offender had been described as simply being a white male and Romany was a white male he would have been pulled over with gun drawn. Balance and reason have to rule here, Romany.

WOW...

Geesh...if the dog didn't have a problem with it??..no harm no foul..some people I swear....I would love to see video of him whining to the cops though, that would be news worthy...
I was stopped last night in my white lexus because I fit the description of a prior incident that night and the officer was protecting herself and pulled her gun because she didn't know us.....(crickets)..... did you get a ticket? shot? a spanking? sent to your room? video games taken away, ... he should get a ticket for being a cry baby and wasting the last 2 minutes of my life as I had to reply to this post! Thanks!

Googie

The copy was very professional. Romany is a fool, he had a bad attitude, he was the bully. Wish the cop had a video of how he was driving before she stopped him.

Sean

Dude is such a f--kn drama queen.

kirkham

I'd say the odds of pulling over a black male in an expensive car late at night and said individual NOT having something illegal or something that has a trigger on it are pretty astronomical nowadays.Better safe than sorry I'd say...

thomas

Malco is definitely guilty of DWB - driving while black. He is lucky he wasn't arrested, tased, or shot or all three. The cops think that most black people commit crimes, so they should be arrested whenever possible.

Stiletto

"Oh, let me grab something dark and hold it out the window..."

"Damn racist cop pulled her gun on me! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Bunch of losers...throw your damn "racist crutches" away for once in your "oh, pitiful me" lives and stand on your own two feet! We don't have the strength, money or time to carry you whiners anymore!

TJ

He was pulled over for a DWB... Driving While Black.

croc

so he says,,are you gonna shoot me?? shoot me please..what a jerk he is..

Stiletto

For those saying he deserved a gun drawn on him because he pulled out his wallet are ridiculous! You always need to get your ID ready for the cop. If this officer is genuinely doing this without just cause then she is too paranoid to be on active patrol.

Posted at 12:30 PM on Mar 9, 2011 by Jen----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cops are paid to protect and serve...to inforce the laws. They are not paid to freaking die while playing Mr. Rogers.

You place BOTH hands on the steering wheel and WAIT until told what to do by the cop. Reaching in your glove compartment or clothes, reaching for something on the seat or console WILL LOOK LIKE YOU MIGHT BE GOING FOR A GUN!

You don't grab anything to "have it ready for the cops"...Freaking imbecile.

BR

If his windows were tinted (and I'll bet they were)and she couldn't see in, she had every obligation to arm herself. That's probably why she had everyone roll their windows down. Would any of you walk up to a car full of men with all the windows rolled up and tinted where you couldn't see in??? Come on...stop making everything a bigger deal than it is. And stop pulling the racist card every time. It's getting old.

BR