ABC Star -- Cops Pulled a GUN On Me!!!

3/9/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Romany Malco -- from ABC's "No Ordinary Family" -- tells TMZ he had a gun drawn on him by a police officer last night ... for no apparent reason, he claims ... and he even videotaped the aftermath of the incident.

The video shows a verbal confrontation between Romany and a police officer in Hawthorne, CA  -- just outside L.A. -- moments after she pulled him over ... and approached his car with her gun drawn. Here's what Romany says went down right before he started recording the incident.

The officer pulled him over shortly after 7PM, and Romany claims she immediately began yelling, "Roll all the windows down and put your hands out the window ... everyone!!"

Romany says he grabbed his wallet and put his hands out the window -- which is when he noticed the officer had her gun drawn.

Romany says he shouted, "Since you've made the assumption that I'm a criminal ... you've got your gun drawn .. are you gonna shoot me?  I dare you, please."

He says the officer approached his car -- a white Lexus sedan -- and began to explain, "Two guys were seen ... " Romany claims the officer cut herself off when she looked into his car and saw his dog -- an American Bulldog named Doodle -- sleeping in the back seat.

Romany says he gave her his wallet and when she walked back to the patrol car ... he began recording on his phone.

In the video ... Romany asks the officer for her name and badge number -- which she provides. Ultimately, he was not cited for anything and went home.

Hawthorne PD tells us they had just gotten a call from a nearby T-Mobile store that three black males -- suspected of casing the store -- had fled when a security guard approached them. Police say Romany drove out of the same parking lot where the suspects had fled.

Police tell us they've reviewed their in-dash camera and Romany's video and believe the incident was handled correctly.

Romany says he just wants to know why the gun was pulled. He went to Hawthorne PD this AM to discuss the incident and request records ... and says he'll only get lawyers involved if he feels he was treated unlawfully.

ctown

Why do you even put this on your sight...i like going to tmz to see idiot celebritys blow it...now to see this s**t...IF A COP PULLS YOU OVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL AND BE RESPECTFUL AND NOTHING HAPPENS...BE AN A** AND GET WHAT YOU DESERVE...COPS ARE BEING KILLED CAUSE OF STORIES LIKE THIS BEING POSTED...LET THEM PULL THEIR GUNS IF THEY FEEL THREATENED!!!

I love it

Seriously! Have you been in Hawthorne? I lived there for 6 years and the place has gone down the toilet! There are shootings there every day. There was one in the middle of our street in front of our apartment building right before we moved!Just what was he doing in Hawthorne? Pardon Hawthorne PD for being cautuis. And there are tons of people with sweet rides in Hawthorne.....they gotta spend the drug money somehow

Sammy

Boo whoo you cry baby. That cop has one one goal: to do her job and go home alive at night. As hard is it is for some azzholes to understand, the police have EVERY right to pull people over. It's called "probable cause". Maybe a robbery had just been committed and you fit the description of the suspect. Maybe you just flat out LOOK like a criminal.

Did you get shot? No. And why in he hell did you pull out your wallet? Why didn't you wait until you were told to do so? She probably thought you were going for a weapon. People HAVE been shot for reaching into a pocket when they were told to put their hands up. That cop does not know if you have a nail clipper or a .357 in your pocket.

Dumb azz idiot.

CCC

He was pulling out of a lot where a call had been just made about suspicious people casing a T-mobile store. Of course they're going to pull their gun out. If I was a police officer, I'd have my hand on my gun every time I got out of my car. If it were this cir***stance, I would have my gun drawn also.

And for all of you who complain about the police, if you are in trouble or the victim of a crime, I'm sure the first call you would make is to the police. Yeah there are a few bad apples in the force, but not all of them are racist A-holes.

Room Monitor

All criminals look alike...DUH.

JJFADIDI

In the words of Paul Mooney ... " You got your Ni99a wake up call" ... welcome!

VP

I have to say I'm kind of 50/50 here. I can completely understand why having a gun pointed at you might piss you off especially if you did nothing wrong, but at the same time I do understand why the officer handled it the way she did. It's not like she was given a better description of the men to go on. The thing is she did realize her mistake though. Hmmm......sucks for both involved.

CrashAndBurn

Getting the Cops to pull a gun on you is a trend nowadays. I'd be flattered I was that important.

always amazed

I was 35 and a white non drug adict female i got pulled over for going 6 miles over the speed limit. Not only did the cop pull his gun but he stood behind the car door until my hands were out of the car window. Good area too. Toms River. so its not about race its about the officers saftey. That has to come first. Grow up! what if your kid becomes a cop safetey first.

john

The officers name is lewis and your name is smuck.Will not be watching your show anymore.What a jerk.

BRIAN

STOP THE COMPLAINING SHE WAS JUST DOING HER JOB. HE IS PATHETIC IF HE TRIES TO SUE OVER THIS.

miabella29

Stop crying!! HAWTHORNE is a HUGE ghetto!! Oh waaa I'm colored and the cop was white. Knock it off with that old BS.

Harvey Johnson

He did the right thing. He acted appropratly and even better he taped the incondent for start to finish. The police Officer also acted appropratly too. She was well trained. No harm, no Flow.

P.S Can T.M.Z.com ban the haters from all this. Hey DUMBASSES this is not racisim, so SCREW YOU and SUCK IT!!!!!

Pimpcessa

God, I am so tired of the race card. Does the black community realize how tiresome it gets to constantly have to defend every action, sideways glance or comment just because they "think" someone is being racist?

I feel it's racist to make someone constantly defend their actions, just because they're white and the accuser is not.

I hope the black community wakes up and realizes they are only harming themselves and their future generations with this attitude. The pendulum swings both ways you know.

L

A couple years ago a white male cop with a little-man complex drew his gun on me in La Crescenta for having a rear license plate light out. I'm a 5'-2" white female driving a Ford Explorer. All pigs have major issues.