'American Idol' Finalist Casey

Back in the Hospital

3/10/2011 9:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" finalist Casey Abrams missed the top 13 results show today -- after he was rushed to the hospital for the SECOND time in three weeks ... for severe stomach pains.

Casey Abrams Hospital
Ryan Seacrest announced Casey's absence at the top of tonight's live 'AI' episode -- telling the audience, "You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now. So everybody wave to him."

Seacrest then addresses Casey in the hospital, "Feel better ... Get back here soon" -- so, it doesn't sound like Casey's getting the boot tonight.

UPDATE: Seacrest just announced ... Casey is still in the running.

Phreaky

I'm sorry, but if he can't even handle the show, there is no way he could handle touring. They need to cut him. And I'm also sorry but it appears they have culled the masses of all the "stars" because the only people they had left to choose from this year are ugly as sin.

en Todo Momento!!

were they gonna try radical surgery to try n remove that vicious hair growth from his face?

idol2010

Dude, get some teeth whitener!!

Cujeaux

I'm sick of hearing about all of the ailments and personal tragedies from these odd looking nobodies that I don't give a F about!

Stiletto

Singer with severe stomach pains? Reminds me of Cobain.

gellyroller

Get rid of them all EXCEPT JAMES D. He's awesome..

gigglechick

it's a bleeding stomach ulcer from what i've heard...

Honest.Chick_83

Bastard! Stupid Seacrest gave it away!!!

Dee

Get Well Casey... But, on another note, why would they bring Diddy on American Idol? Why bring rappers on a singing competition? If one of the contestants came on their rapping they would have gone home the first week. I know there's plenty of entertainers that SING for a living that would be an inspiration to the contestants. Diddy's broke down rapping skills are not impressive to anyone. Sean John makes a much better presentation of clothes than rapping. Cmon American Idol, keep it professional. I imagine how awkward that must of been for Jennifer and her husband. WHY??????

DeeDee

Does this guy drink? That aggravates ulcers. Had an uncle once that always had ulcers, and drank constantly. Couldn't help but notice that he was well enough to attend a movie premiere-maybe he partied too much at the after party. Just sayin'.

IdolFan

Later Thursday night, Abrams tweeted: "hey guys, thanks for the well wishes, I got some nice fresh blood in me and feeling better. People at Idol & Cedars are treatin me real good." An Idol insider tells THR Abrams had two blood transfusions while in the hospital. His condition:

He has Ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease which affects the lining of the large intestine. Stress and certain foods can trigger symptoms. Peak ages are between 15 and 30. Sufferers can have severe attacks that occur often. Many factors can lead to attacks, including respiratory infections or physical stress. Hospitalization is often needed for severe attacks.

mija

What is it? Appendicitis? Ulcer?

Kathy

Let's see, Crystal Bowersox has diabetes and had no insurance...so I guess that was how she "tricked" people into voting for her. She later remarked that she'd never felt better in her life and was amazed at how much the insulin pump improved her quality of life.
I sure hope Casey is well and can get back to work. If it it's any of the above listed illnesses, stress will only exacerbate them!

tina

get well soon u r one of my favorite

Moonbeam

Sounds to me as if it could be ulcerative colitis or bleeding ulcers, both of which are possibly being aggravated by stress of being on the show. But what a job he does when he sings! Hope no matter what happens with his health or his placement on AI that he gets a recording contract.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments