Mel Gibson Sentence -- The Chris Brown Factor

3/11/2011 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Although Chris Brown's name was never mentioned in Mel Gibson's hearing today -- Brown's sentence may have been a factor in determining Mel's fate.

0311_oksana_rihanna_TMZ_WM

One of the reasons Mel didn’t get jail time is because the L.A. County District Attorney has to show  some kind of consistency in their plea bargains.  Chris Brown's case is notable because he pled guilty to felony assault -- for beating the crap out of Rihanna -- and was sentenced to 5 years probation ... no time behind bars.

Even if Mel did knock Oksana's veneers out -- something he has not admitted -- it would be impossible to justify sending Mel to jail and Chris to community service.

Do you agree?

Janeny

That's her blowhollywwodceleb.com dating site picture.

Leelou

These pics only further the reason I dont believe Oksana. Rihanna LOOKS like someone beat her up, she looks beat down and hurt. Oksana just has two broken teeth (no busted lip which is also suspect since she claims she was punched in the mouth) AND she is SMILING! Who the hell smiles after getting hit?? I think he slapped her and while I dont like anyone getting slapped, if you are being hysterical a slap helps. Hell, I have slapped people before but I am female so thats viewed diff I guess. I think thats all that happened really and she chipped her tooth herself to try and push this further then what really happened. Brown beat Rihanna, there are lots of photo's to back that, there are police to back that. Oksana? All she has is a happy photo with some chipped teeth and mel saying he slapped her. NOT beat her, slapped her. This is just an insult to women who really GET beaten. I have been beat up and there is no way you get hit in the mouth, a tooth chipped and NOT have a busted lip or anything. I have no doubt she is a shame. I have seen women like this and while Gibson is no angel, she is just as bad. Using lies and her child to get money. I get disgusted when I see women like this since it's the reason why a lot of women arent believed when they really are beaten. I hope this all bites her in the ass one day.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

TMZ get real !! Chris Brown actually punched Rihanna and she reported it immediately. Mel did not punch Oksana, he only slapped her to stop her from shaking a baby.

TMZ knows Oksana's photos are fake but they keep lying anyway !
I guess Mel's attempt to avoid a trial gives the dishonest media more ammunition to lie and lie.

The more TMZ lies the more determined I am to boycott this website and everything involved with Time Warner in the future.

Posted at 4:29 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Stacy

Stacy, I am with you. But it's not over yet.WE have to post the truth evry artical.I hope FBI is
contuening their investigation

Posted at 4:48 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by anonym

Ditto!

KM

Ox is not smiling anymore...15 million for that money shot went POOF.....

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

As I am reading these comments, the most disturbing to me are the ones saying "he should have knocked all her teeth out" "she deserved it" "she's a whore". Wow. This is why women don't report abuse. The victim is attacked even more. Stacy, if you are a woman, you especially should be ashamed of yourself. I hope it never happens to you. I am quite sure you would feel differently then.

Posted at 5:15 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Diane

And I'm quite sure Diane that if it happened to YOU you'd hang your head in shame at the crap you've said here. Shame shame on you. You know NOTHING! Like Sargent Schultz!

LOKI

Man, that's a Chernobyl mouth...

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

@Scarlett: A lot of people are "REAL DV survivors". Often people with that past suffer from PTSD and other things which create mixed emotions and can too often make them sympathise with abusers. I don't think some survivors supporting Team Mel makes that position okay.

Posted at 5:32 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by vexed

You've GOT to be kidding! You certianly know nothing about it first hand do you! Sympathize with their abusers...geez....

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Annie, Rihanna DID NOT CALL THE POLICE. Rihanna DID NOT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES. Rihanna would have done exactly as Oksana did, participate in the cover up, were it not that a person in the neighborhood called the police and the police said charges would be filed regardless. If this had happened in a neighborhood instead of Mel's house, the exact same thing would have happened.

Posted at 6:12 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Anon

Mel's house is IN A NEIGHBORHOOD!

Diamond

Oksana should have taken the $15mm, house cars and child support.

She's a whore who tried to get away with rolling the john.

Lucia wins. You loose, Oksana. Anybody who wants your services now deserves what they get.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

It's amazing that wealthy older men think beautiful young women are attracted to them for something other than their money. Mel!

Posted at 6:46 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Robyn

Man you loose with those adjectives. Ox is NOT 'beautiful' and she is NOT 'young' by any stretch.

On the other hand Mel is NOT old, but he looks older than he is as a result of stress and smoking. YOU would too.

Steve

Chris Brown threw multiple closed fisted punches & left only a few bruises & a bloody lip.

Mel fires off one slap & breaks 2 teeth.

Chris Brown is a p.u.s.s.y compared to mighty mel

Moni

I like watching you on tv and on the internet because you put a fun spin on celebrities but when you published the photo of Rhianna you went over the line of what is considered public and private. Even though she is a public figure you had no right to show that photo that was taken at what was the most humiliating time in her life. This photo was taken under the pretense that it would remain sealed. This reminds all over again that this business is really sleazy. Shame on you all over again for showing it again!

Derek

Does it not bother anyone that TMZ continues to drudge up Rihanna's picture?? GET PAST IT!! What a sleazy reason. High profile or not, Rihanna was a victim of violence and I'm sure like ANYONE does not want to have to keep having the memory flashed everywhere. Good Lord. You honestly know no boundaries and have less than zero dignity as a "news" site. Beyond shameful. Imagine if it were one of your female staff members or a family member. Would you keep using her picture as an example??? I'd really like to know this.

JeDaCO

Mel is a racist, sexist, woman beater. He did the crime and should do the time. What a pig.

Leslie S

Olde Australian verse can't do the time, then don't do the crime, in case of Mel throw the key away when he does the time.