Pregnant Jewel

Involved in NASTY Two-Car Crash

3/11/2011 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jewel -- who announced she was pregnant two months ago -- was involved in a two-car collision this morning in Texas ... but thankfully, we're told the singer -- and her baby -- are doing fine.

Jewel Car Accident

Sources at the scene tell TMZ ... the accident occurred at around 11 AM CT in Stephenville, Texas. We're told a volunteer fire truck smashed into the passenger side of Jewel's car (see photo below).

According to Jewel's rep, "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."

0311_jewel_crash_asset
Story developing...

0816_crash_footer

Bud

Hey, "Celebrities Suck", next time you are here in Texas I'll show you how well we do drive.......our feet up little phaggy city boys hind ends like yours, Bubba. Come on down, y'all. Happy to oblige the so. Cal, overindulged, over-privileged, fore-flushing sacks of chit that y'all are!!

Bruno

If she was only hit by the fire truck, how is that TWO accidents like stated in your headline?

rdw

she lives there idiot!

Mary

Jewel is far from a city girl. She grew up in Alaska on a place without indoor plumbing and running water for heaven sakes.

jennie

Hey TxGal.....you call Jewel a city girl? She lives in Texas and is originally from Alaska.

CrashAndBurn

Hope you get well. Although, your skit wasn't funny on FunnyorDie dot com. It was quite moving to say the least.

Vicky

Like there are only bad drivers in Texas #1. Give me a break. Your comment didn't even make sense - the first and the second time you posted it.

Name:

She became irrelevant the moment she got a breast reduction.

Name:

She became irrelevant the moment she got a breast reduction.

flora68

My mother grew up near Stephenville but I had no idea that Jewel lived there. I really LIKE her, or at least what I know of her, and I'm really happy to hear that she's "doing fine". It's just kinda hard to BELIEVE, after looking at that picture...! I'll bet she's feeling sore by now, bless her heart. I hope her little passenger stays well in there...

smalltowngirl

Hey #1 (and #2). You know why they're tailgating you? Because you're the idiot in the passing lane going slower than the rest of the traffic, causing a danger for everybody when cars have to pass you on the right. Those signs that say "Left lane is for passing only" aren't for decoration.

John

So happy to hear that Jewel and the baby are okay. Jewel and Ty are going to make wonderful parents.

becka

I live in Texas and I would agree with "Celebrities Suck" that most IDIOTS don't know how to drive. Texans and IDIOTS are different species. Do not get confused...

I love Jewel and I am glad she is ok and going to be a proud mommy soon !

Courtney

Wasn't her fault. Happened on a small country road known for accidents. Brush Truck was responding to grass fire and the accident was at a T Junction. She had the right of way and had no stop sign. A hill makes visibility difficult in that area and it's known to be a deadly intersection. She wouldn't have seen the truck as she came over the hill. The angle, thick tree lines, and velocity make hearing sirens impossible as she approached the intersection. It's also understandable how the truck didn't see her and proceeded. It was an accident & fortunately no one was injured. Basic Physics and force of impact explain the damage to the vehicle.

LAWRENCE

I hear her car was hit so hard it knocked her teeth straight. Okay, that was uncalled for as I would hit that any day of the week pregos and all.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments