Gallagher Out of the Hospital, Resuming Tour

3/13/2011 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Good news for Gallgher fans -- he's out of the hospital, three days after he collapsed on stage during a show ... TMZ has learned.

0310_gallagher_ex
As TMZ first reported, the legendary comedian collapsed in Rochester, MN right in the middle of his act. His manager tells TMZ he has left the hospital and even though he canceled a few tour dates, Gallagher will be resuming his tour on March 19 in The Woodlands, TX.

Watermelons of Texas, you have been warned.

Jano

Has anyone heard what was actually wrong with him??? Why he collapsed? Details please....

croc

I THINK HE HAD A HEART ATTACK..NOT SURE, I READ THAT ON ANOTHER WEBSITE.

TheMarsh

Minor heart attack

Carl

Glad to hear it. I'm also relieved to hear that our leader in the war against the watermelon hordes will be able to continue his fight!

Big Daddy

What a smart man. I wonder what a sledge o matic operator makes? Maybe Charlie can get in on this gig... He is alot of fun to watch. Just good clean fun:)

SantaFeJack

Gallagher, Glad to hear things were not terribly serious, and that you can continue smashing watermelons to the delight of your many fans.

diogenes

Keep on keeping on. Best wishes for continued good health. I have been to The Woodlands, TX, beware of the mosquitoes.

Rabbitt

Good to hear. Glad he's okay.

Truth

MEHHH, HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED LONG AGO. HIS COMEDY IS LAME AND STUPID CRAP FROM THE 70'S AND 80'S. WHO PAYS TO SEE THIS IDIOT THESE DAYS... CARSON IS DEAD. THIS DUDE'S COMEDY SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT. NEXT.

Steinberg

This is Gods way of saying, "Quit while you're ahead. You're not funny"

Holly

@1 Jano
Details from TMZ?
If you'll notice TMZ only reports Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and every now and then they'll toss in something else.

I counted 24 stories and the total sentences for all stories is 35!!

TMZ is an advertisment site for product placement, and PR damage control.

Here is the answer to your question...
Gallagher's manager says the comedian has been released from a Minnesota hospital where he was treated for a minor heart attack.
The 64-year-old Gallagher collapsed in the middle of a show Thursday night at Whiskey Bone's Roadhouse in Rochester.
Manager Craig Marquado says Gallagher was released Sunday morning from St. Marys Hospital, which is part of the Mayo Clinic. He says the comedian was heading home to Los Angeles to see his own doctors. Marquado says Gallagher also suffered a heart attack about 10 years ago.
He says Gallagher should be able to resume performing as soon as he feels up to it.

Holly

^^^^^^^^^^^Refer part 2^^^^^^^^^^
Usually TMZ does the damage, so they can get the PR damage control business

PT

When was this picture from? 1978?

Jano

Thanks Holly...TMZ should think about hiring you :)

Rhonda C. Poynter

While I am one of the I-don't-get-it group when it comes to this guy, I agree with the post that mentions TMZ does nothing but play the fruitcake trifecta of Sheen, Lohan, Mel...when I saw the headline, I ACTUALLY CHECKED TO SEE WHETHER I WAS ON THE TMZ SITE. How sad is that????

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments