Mel to Oksana:

Sue Me, I'll Sue You!

3/13/2011 3:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson will sue Oksana Grigorieva for extortion if she dares sue him ... this according to sources close to Gibson.

0311_Mel_Oksana_TMZ_EX_5
As TMZ first reported, Oksana still plans to file a lawsuit against Mel, alleging battery, emotional distress and defamation.

But sources close to Gibson tell us he will wage legal war if Oksana files -- and will NOT settle out of court. In fact, we're told Mel will gladly file his own lawsuit against the woman he says put a $15 million price tag on the tapes in return for keeping them secret.

Looks like this battle has just begun.

0311_oksana_grigorieva_teeth_footer

Cthrew

It's ON folks. Whoo Hoo!!!

P.S. It's hard to defame someone who has no character in the first place.

Midwesterner

What happened to
"I want to protect my dear children from the ordeal of a lenthy trial?" - Oops, must have been another lie!

Posted at 1:08 AM on Mar 13, 2011 by moussemaker

_________________________________________

There's a big difference between a criminal trial and a civil trial. I am certain Mel is involved in civil litigation from time to time; almost any wealthy entrepreneur would be over time.

JLS

How ridiculous. There is not enough evidence to support his action. He's just smarting from the blow of being to court and publicly humiliated when she wasn't charged at all.

Even with the burden of proof different in criminal and civil actions, he's going to come up short.

Just sit down and swallow hard, Mel. You know, just like you made Oksana do so many nights when you snapped your fingers and wanted a BJ. It's over.

Midwesterner

The way this is worded is tricky. I wonder how much the weekend B-Team had to do with the story.

The heading suggests that Mel will sue only if Ox sues, and the text seems to confirm that. Maybe the statements about suits are merely negotiating ploys.

On the other hand, maybe Mel is saying, "Forget it, you get nothing without a suit (cohabitation agreement), and if you sue, so will I."

Demi

You go Mel. You might want to consider taking down a few of her money hungry lawyers along the way.

The DA was too cozy with his lawyer friends to bring a prosecution against Oksana. A "slap", while wrong does not constitute her quest to destroy Mr. Gibson's life for money. It is obvious to see who she is and what she has done. At least Mr. Gibson did not lie. I'd say Oksana will still seek the bucks any way she can and if this story is accurate, and this woman brings another battle into this man's life, he ought to aim all he has at her legally.

Demi

The DA must have been bought. There WAS enough evidence against Oksana. But it would have been a costly prosecution and Cooley (DA) would have hurt his friends....are we surprised?

I feel certain there was enough evidence to charge Oksana. Mel took has a nice deal and only got charged because he admitted that he did slap her. Wrong, yes, but so is trying to destroy a man's life and seek financial gain for a slap.

If this is accurate reporting, then I say "good Mel and you go for it"! You might want to consider taking down a few of her 40 lawyers. Be selective but consider it.

Midwesterner

@JLS

I suppose you have seen all the evidence the sheriff's department gathered, and that you are again speaking from your expertise as an Avon lady.

fuddyduddy

We were talking about this very thing yesterday, and I am so glad to read that Mel will fight OG.

kali

^5 fuddy :)

Midwesterner

Did anyone ever figure out how she planned to sue for "emotional distress"? There is simply no way he "defamed" her. And battery is questionable also.

So maybe he took the deal with a nolo contendere plea just to get on with this?

I can certainly see the advantages of paying her off and going on with life, but I would love it if he made a stand here.

..EW..

Way to go! TEAM MEL!!!

Bismarck

You for you, Mel. Sue her for everything she has, including her under garment.

rika

What happened to

Posted at 1:08 AM on Mar 13, 2011 by moussemaker

_________________________________________

Posted at 1:19 AM on Mar 13, 2011 by Midwesterner

Yeah there's a difference but in both cases he is doing what he thinks is in his best interest.The rest is PR fodder.

dimes

This may be a civil matter, but it's an exceedingly personal one. It would do tremendous damage to Mel's career rehab to have those voicemails dredged up again in the national media.

This looks to me like a negotiating tactic to reduce the eventual payout.

yeahrite

Mel needs to have a chat with Macca about lying, gold digging bitches..