Mel to Oksana:

Sue Me, I'll Sue You!

3/13/2011 3:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson will sue Oksana Grigorieva for extortion if she dares sue him ... this according to sources close to Gibson.

0311_Mel_Oksana_TMZ_EX_5
As TMZ first reported, Oksana still plans to file a lawsuit against Mel, alleging battery, emotional distress and defamation.

But sources close to Gibson tell us he will wage legal war if Oksana files -- and will NOT settle out of court. In fact, we're told Mel will gladly file his own lawsuit against the woman he says put a $15 million price tag on the tapes in return for keeping them secret.

Looks like this battle has just begun.

0311_oksana_grigorieva_teeth_footer

Fidel's niece

Mel knew that in sept.
Hororrwitz said there
will be a civil suit.
Mel took a plea in the criminal suit

1/ to cut to the chase (civil)
2/ to use his money in the civil suit fight.

In 3 years he can have his criminal suit
conviction expunged from the record,
like he did with his DUI.

And NO, it is NOT "celebrity justice",
anybody can do the same - look it up.

***Team Mel***

Midwesterner

This may be a civil matter, but it's an exceedingly personal one. It would do tremendous damage to Mel's career rehab to have those voicemails dredged up again in the national media.

This looks to me like a negotiating tactic to reduce the eventual payout.

Posted at 1:36 AM on Mar 13, 2011 by dimes

______________________________________________

It may be a negotiating tactic, but I don't think the tapes are a sticking point. Until and unless someone exposes how they were made, edited, and shopped, they are going to be a feature of every story written about Mel.

Maybe a civil trial can expose the whole story of the tapes.

fuddyduddy

She's claiming Mel defamed her by accusing her of extortion. Remeber OJ was acqitted in criminal court but proven guilty in civil because the standard was lower. Mel will be able to prove in civil court that Oksana did extort him.

Posted at 6:22 AM on Mar 12, 2011 by Carmen

BINGO!!!

Posted at 3:19 PM on Mar 12, 2011 by Sincerity
________________________________________________________________

Oh, oh, oh! Love it!!!! Great find/thinking Carmen!!!

Maybe this is how a COUNTERSUIT will fit in!

OG files a suit for battery, emotional distress, and defamation and Mel swings around and slaps her with a countersuit for extortion!!

Posted at 3:23 PM on Mar 12, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Fidel Sarcastro

Well if there is a case there and from what TMZ learned from the Sheriffs Department there was then I think Mel should sue her. Previous comments have mentioned that he wouldnt want his dirty laundry being aired over CourtTv... He has been having his dirty laundry made public over last part of a year at the hands of Oksana no less, it was she who created the tapes and then released them when she supposedly didn't get what she wanted out of Mel. So yea I don't see any reason he shouldn't, he never plead guilty in this last case, he has a few character witnesses on his side, he should be able to petition the DA and the Sheriffs Department for any evidence that was collected in the defunkt Oksana Extortion case, if there's anything there then I support him. Though at the end of the day I think his real reason ultimately is to get his lawyers with Oksana's lawyers and agree to drop their perspective cases.

m-a-kh

Such a man is dreaming about it so many women. And he got involved. Good luck and cope with these problems. greatiful.com

dimes

Alec Baldwin successfully moved on from his humiliating voicemail. Mel can do likewise, but he'll have to sit on Barbara Walters' couch and bring a tear to his eye talking about the lowest point of his life.

anne2

exposes how they were made, edited, and shopped,>>>>

Goood luck w that one also. Maybe someone can also 'expose' hoe she ended up w chipped teeth?! Sue Mel, go on, sue.....

fuddyduddy

This is really a good article. I am so glad to read this. This woman thinks she can just run roughshod over Mel and I am glad he's letting her and her attorneys know that he will NOT settle out of court. There was also discussion about this yesterday, and I did not think he would settle out of court. Also, in his pleading before the Court, he was clear that he would not be liable to OG for anything. That to me was an early indication right there that he would not be handing any money over to OG freely.

Stay strong Mel!! A big hug from me!

m-a-kh

Excellent article! I have not read the instruction how to behave, to make the right impression. Oksana protect yourself, but you could negotiate peacefully, if they loved each other. Share with us on www.greatiful.com

Fidel's niece

"I am one tough motherf*cker and you can't bother me anymore"
"You ask anybody what their number one fear is and it's PUBLIC
HUMILIATION. Multiply that on a global scale and that's what I've been through. It changes you and makes you one tough motherf*cker.
What does not kill you, makes you stronger.It's really that simple".

Mel to John Hisc.o.c.k Jan 21 , 2010 Interview/Telegraph UK

***Team Mel***

Midwesterner

Stay strong Mel!! A big hug from me!

Posted at 1:52 AM on Mar 13, 2011 by fuddyduddy

_______________________________________________________

You know I would love to see it come down this way, but it still may be only circling around in anticipation of negotiations.

More than anything else, I want him to sue to expose what she did to him with the tapes and the extortion overall. Obviously, he can't win any money from her, but wouldn't there be a way that if he sued and won, he could take away her incentive to write a book--because the proceeds of the book would only go to "lowers"?

casting couch

Team Mel!

fuddyduddy

Fidel's Niece...like your post above. Also would add that the West plea in the criminal matter helps him with the family law case.

jechrist

go right ahead mel..it's what she deserves.
team mel=team truth

TJ

Poor Mel. I hope her p u s s y was worth it.