Rock Legend Arrested for OD'ing in Front of Son

3/14/2011 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer was arrested in Orange County last week -- after the 52-year-old punk legend allegedly OD'd on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son.

Casey Royer
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Casey was watching TV with his son when he experienced an overdose ... at which point his son ran next door for help ... and the neighbors called cops.

According to law enforcement, his house was littered with garbage and drug paraphernalia -- including needles -- when police arrived.

Casey -- who currently sings for the punk band D.I. -- was immediately hospitalized nearby and survived. He was arrested soon after.

Casey was officially charged today -- with one count of child endangerment, and one count of being under the influence of heroin. He's currently being held on $120,000 bail.

0311_celebrity_mug_shots_mel_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

k1m1z

It is so sad to see all this hate in the world. This poor guy has an addiction to heroin...ya, it's sad that it even started, but it did. What he needs is a lot of prayers and support from family, friends, fans and people who have kind hearts. An addiction isn't something you can just turn off...it needs to be worked on minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. He needs positive support and different coping skills...shame on all of you who wish he would have died! How do you think that would have affected his son? Come on people!
Casey, I am praying for complete recovery for you. This is what satan wants...you to fail, fall short. Please look to God and His precious Son Jesus...they WILL get you through this tough time in your life. (Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations...God has a purpose for you!!! When you feel discouraged or inadequate, remember that God has always thought of you as valuable and that He has a purpose in mind for you...NOT death!!!)

Chuck Long

I don't think the word "legend" means what you think it means.

TrgdyAnn

I hate Social Distortion anyway!

Linda Beee

ROCK LEGEND??? HAHHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

WHo the heck is HE> and never heard of the band either!

Halloween Jack

We've got different definitions of "legend", TMZ.

Joe

Rock legend? I never heard of him or his band.

And thats the truth

This guy or his band are by no means rock legends. Maybe in the punk genre but definitely not rock. Had this been Keith Richards or Steven Tyler, yes, but this schmuck? Most of the older rockers quit drugs and some like Gene Simmons never touched the stuff.

It is time to grow up and become an adult Casey. You have other lives that you are responsible for now. This child needs to be taken away from him because he clearly does not care for anyone but himself.

Drug users are the most selfish waste of oxygen I have ever seen. I have no sympathy for them. Everyone is fully aware of what drugs can do to a person, but yet, there are still idiots out there that start using them.

HesAMagicManMama

Yes where is the kids mom?,,,,,,,and why would she actually have sex and make babies with this person?,,,,and Social Distortion were great.....when I was 13 and didnt know any better.

Dave

How far have they lowered the bar for "rock legend"? On a good day, this guy ranks slightly below the third Pip, or Bruce Springsteen's dry cleaner, or anybody you've never heard of.

Nikki

Sux for the kid. He was the drummer for the Adolescents first then he sang for D.I. He wasnt in Social Distortion. They played tons of shows together tho

Aydan

God damn it Casey, now you're worse than my Dad used to be. He only did coke in front of me. God, he used to be so talented and smart.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10