Gilbert Gottfried

SHOCKING

Japan Tsunami Jokes

3/14/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As the death toll creeps towards 3,000 ... and the fear of a nuclear disaster looms ... comedian Gilbert Gottfried decided the timing was right for some completely tasteless Japan tsunami jokes.

Japan Tsunami Jokes

Gilbert went to his Twitter page over the past 24 hours and dropped TWELVE tsunami-inspired jokes ... including:

Gilbert Gottfried Japan Jokes

So we gotta ask ...

kinbo

I'm living here in western Japan and it's really sad that this idiot has to make jokes about the deaths of probably in the neighborhood of 10,000 mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, etc. To the previous poster - you are also an idiot if you think it's okay to joke about the deaths of thousands of human beings. Some things should be off limits even to "comedians" and are seen as tasteless and insensitive when they do decide to cross the line. Gilbert, you are an idiot who deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Mary

I wonder how many whales and sharks washed up on shore and kicked some ass for all the senseless slaughtering?

Steinberg

#2, just jokes eh? What if your family members died, someone came to the funeral and made "jokes" about your dead family, especially the dead kids?

Just jokes. STFU.

Sam

@Elle

Yeah, he's not the voice in that commercial. He is however the voice of the Aflac duck, as well as the voice of Iago in Aladdin, as well as the voice of another bird from PBS's "Cyberchase". For some reason he does a lot of VO's for birds.

Bobo Frog

"Remember, everything in life has the potential to be funny. Smartasses seize the moment while you're too busy being uptight. Lighten up." - iamsuperdan

Anyone who says lighten up is full of it....because you know if this were happening in the United States, they'd feel completely different. Hell, if you were to make those type of jokes about 9/11, those same people would probably be pissed. It has nothing to do with being too soon....it has to do with being a complete douchebag and not caring about human suffering because it's not happening on your own shores.

nan

thats not funny . where is his next stand up, somebodys funeral

Kathi j

how sad that people are dying over there and many are suffering and some tasteless fool thinks its an appropriate time to make a joke about it. Im sure hes happy that his name will be in the news about it an I am also sure that was his goal. You are a cold and callous human being Mr. Gottfried!

Sarafina

There are just some things no one should joke about...and this is one of them. What a class act...

LittleJoe

What an A...
I wish your wife very well.....maybe youĺl laugh when she floats in your pool, face down.

Bubba

To be honest I never heard of this dude and as far as I'm concerned it stays that way. However, his "jokes" about the tsunami are not funny at all.

Janice

No. 2: it wouldn't be a joke if someone you loved died. He is an ass,.....and so are you btw.
Who is this Gilbert Gottfried person anyway??? He must not be very funny, don't know him.

Marie

Some people like him, I, myself have always had a marginal opinion about him, after this however I feel he does not warrant any of my time, after this public display of callousness.

LAWRENCE

No biggie, tragedy and loss provide some of the best material available for tragedy. One of my favorite jokes ever goes back to the explosion of the Challenger Space Shuttle so all your younings may not understand all the references.

Q: What does a sea lion, the space shuttle and Tylenol have in common?

A: They're all looking for a tight seal.

Obviously what happend to the space shuttle is not funny but the joke is and what's happend in Japan is horrific but the jokes are still funny. Sometimes you have to stop being so pollitcally correct, I'm sure Gilbert is just as horrified as anybody else who's seen this tragedy unfold. My heart goes out to Japan but the jokes are still funny and I can still laugh.

jim

Where's KOOKY?

Thank you for your reply. Mr. Levin has really become such a disgusting person to me. The way he goes about making his revenue is very sad to me. I would paste an article and various links for helping these poor people, not links to heartless comments from nameless, forgotten "comedians".

I am writing Mr. Levin a request to pull this post. Could all of you do the same?

Here is the link for your requests. http://www.tmz.com/contact/contact-us

Soulless, heartless....TMZ at its finest.

TMZ....where little minds think alike.

EatMe

Some people need humorr to help them and others deal with things too horrible to deal with.

When my dad died, there were times when all of us burst into giggle fits, even at the funeral. When I got diagnosed with cancer, I kept making cancer jokes. Its the body's way of releasing stress. We need comedians for that.