Gilbert Gottfried

SHOCKING

Japan Tsunami Jokes

3/14/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As the death toll creeps towards 3,000 ... and the fear of a nuclear disaster looms ... comedian Gilbert Gottfried decided the timing was right for some completely tasteless Japan tsunami jokes.

Japan Tsunami Jokes

Gilbert went to his Twitter page over the past 24 hours and dropped TWELVE tsunami-inspired jokes ... including:

Gilbert Gottfried Japan Jokes

So we gotta ask ...

Tony c

Who cares? He has aflac, It pays you money when you cant work.
Smart gil, very smart..

Reed

This ain't ****. Wait and see what happens when Godzilla shows up.

JeanieB

Joan Rivers came to Gilbert Gottfried's defense after he made some humorless and tasteless jokes regarding Japan. My question to her is this: "If your daughter was in an awful car accident tomorrow and ended up a quadraplegic as a result, would you find it funny if a comedian made a joke about the fact that she could still be useful because she could still give a bj?" or something equally as tasteless along those lines....I don't THINK so! She should realize when something is personal and it hurts, maybe it's not so funny!

David

To those who say it's just a joke think what the reaction would have been had GG made a similar joke about people jumping from the World Trade Centre.....on September 12 2001. Hypocrites!

Posted at 12:25 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by jimmy g

Gilbert did make a joke about 9/11 3 weeks after it occurred, at a Friar's Club roast for Hugh Hefner. AFLAC didn't fire him then. Wouldn't that mean that AFLAC were hypocrites?

Musheerah

With all of the chaos and suffering going with Japan right now, how dare he make such insensative comments like that......go back to the 80's where u belong. No one is laughing but U!!!!

James

I think the jokes are funny.

avc

evry 1 needs 2 chill hes obviously joking every 1 hides behind a screen name puting people down like little *******

Jaime

Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuclear meltdown. Christ what's next, Godzilla?

Matthew Santino

people are too sensitive now a days everything has its own ability to be funny, words hurt certain people but hey if they don't like the joke then just move on with your lives don't penalizes the person who said the joke. Like on south park where they weren't allowed to show images of Muhammad just cause of fear, they censord like a 2 min speech that episode cause it had to do with muhamad.Or when crammer from Seinfeld said the N word (wont type whole word cause if i do this comment will likely be removed) its a word get over it, we have the 1st Amendment which allows freedom of speech, so shouldnt we be able to say anything? But apparently now a days no we cannot. I found you comments hilarious Gilbert the first one made my pants wetter than a 14 year old girl at a justin beiber concert lol. you should not have lost your job lol im 16 i go to a school in new haven ct a mainly black school called Wilbur cross, im white and i make jokes like that all the time and people laugh if peple know your kidding why get offended, if every1 in the world got fired from making jokes like this nobody would ever keep a job. Anyway good luck gilbert wherever you end up next hope ur whole career isnt over by this. When i get older i wanna be a writter, comedian, or somebody who starts a T.v network thats funny but with no boundaries and people will watch it, look at tosh.0 extremely racist but also with that, extremely funny. It sad how words can get you fired and sometimes worse.

dave

i dont see what the big deal is black comedians make fun of white people all the time and nobody says anything. but as soon as a white guy makes some jokes which are just jokes it is blown out of proportion. instead of condemning mr gottfried about a couple of jokes to lighten the mood of the situation maybe the people in the usa need to lighten up. with out comedians we will be stuck with the only other joke of our country and that is obama

Kimf

When I first read the headline, I assumed it was a major over reaction to a comedian. Thought it was probably a case of too much political correctness. I was wrong, the floating by comment went "overboard" and I understand why the company is searching for a new voice. http://www.elitelawyerproject.com/blog

Peaches

HEY CHECK THIS OUT...JAPAN IS THE WORLD'S WORST POLLUTER OF THE ON THE PLANET, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEM SELVES, OVER FISHING THE SEA'S, KILLING WHALES, SHARKS, ONLY FOR THEIR FINS...THEY TOTALLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE OCEAN, EVEN THOUGH IT IS THEIR MAIN STREAM....I SAY IT WAS OL'E MOTHER NATURE OR NEPTUNE OR POSIDEN WHO HAS FINALLY HAD ENOUGH ABUSE FROM THEM. NO LIFE IS WORTH MORE THAN THE SEA......BUT EVEN THE GOV OF TOKOYO SAID.."IT WAS DEVINE INTERVENTION".......JUST A THOUGHT.........

Gary R

Souless Jew ba$tard! S*** of the earth! P.O.S!

DIE!!!

Tea

It's just a joke :/ He's a comedian, kinda what he does. I think it's kinda funny but I'm the type of person that laughs at everything, it's how I cope else I'd go totally mad. Everyone has their way of coping. He also did apologize, he's not heartless...just a comedian tee hee.

tomo

I'm part Japanese and I lolled. I mean I'm glad that all my family and friends are safe and I feel for the Japanese. But sometimes humor is needed to make people like me lol even just for a minute.

Previous 15 Comments | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments