Gilbert Gottfried

SHOCKING

Japan Tsunami Jokes

3/14/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As the death toll creeps towards 3,000 ... and the fear of a nuclear disaster looms ... comedian Gilbert Gottfried decided the timing was right for some completely tasteless Japan tsunami jokes.

Japan Tsunami Jokes

Gilbert went to his Twitter page over the past 24 hours and dropped TWELVE tsunami-inspired jokes ... including:

Gilbert Gottfried Japan Jokes

So we gotta ask ...

LORELL

Let's face it...There are small minded people in this world today but they just don't know what loss is. One day may they experience this short of tragedy and then we will see who is laughing then. As for Gilbert Gottfried, he has never been "Funny" in my opinion so I guess he has to stoop this low to get any kind of attention. Shame on him...

Lunacy, Inc.

Well since he is the voice of the AFLAC duck and AFLAC gets 75% of their revenue from Japan let's see what happens next.

tink981

The memorable things I remember Godfried doing is the host of USA's Up All Night program and as the head of the orphanage for the movie Problem Child. He was also on Beverly Hills Cop II as a Sidney Bernstein. The guy that Axl had to lie to in order to gain access to his computer. He also plays the daycare worker on Look Who's Talking 2. He's dancing in the little gym area at the same time as John Travolta when he comes to pick up Mikey.

I have never liked him, but I'm not going to judge the things he says. It's called freedom of speech.

imjerome

those who laugh with him seems to share the same bloodline with him. same nature and same insensitivity. real pity!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

where can I get one of those kool helmets the japan newcasters were wearing?
tough thing to happen to such nice people..its sad

janja

not funny retract these non-jokes,

FROMFARAWAY

81 - "HOW MANY PEOPLE FOLLOW U ON TWITTER?"

ARE U SERIOUS? IS THAT HOW YOU MEASURE POPULARITY? SERIOUSLY? ITS PATHETIC THAT OUR WORLD HAS THESE SOCIAL PLATFORMS (TWIT,FB MYSPACE)THAT PEOPLE CAN HIDE BEHIND. PEOPLE'S TRUE COLORS COME OUT! ITS AMAZING HOW MANY ATTENTION STARVED PEOPLE THERE ARE IN THE WORLD POSTING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THERE LIVES THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT - MY WIFE AND I SIT AT DINNER AND POKE FUN OF PEOPLE AND THEIR "TMI" POSTS.

I BET YOU MY NADS THAT GILBERT WOULDN'T CRACK THOSE JOKES ON TV ASAHI.

crabbygirl81

@ Jim - why don't you contact TMZ directly and stop posting the same crap over and over? You're getting to be worse than all the purse spammers that comment on here!

Moon

Please take this down as it is insensitive. I'm shocked you actually posted it.

Let down.

alex

gilbert is the king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte

Spoken like the true fn douche that Gottfried is! I have always found him extremely obnoxious but this takes the cake. You are one twisted, ulgy little man if you truly think that the death of over 10,000 HUMAN BEINGS is funny. Just remember karma is a bioch! I would say I hope people boycott you, but your career (or lack thereof) is already in the toilet!

FROMFARAWAY

DOUCHE BAG! NOW I KNOW WHY I CHANGED THE CHANNEL EVERY TIME I HEARD HIS ANNOYING VOICE.

jim

crabbygirl81

Thanks crabby...

rks

It's more complex than might first appear. People often use humor to deal with pain and trauma, and this can be the case for both the author and the audience.

anonymous