Lindsay Lohan -- Another Vice Bites the Dust

3/14/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has quit smoking -- a great move for her health ... whether there's a jail sentence for probation violation on her horizon ... or not (as she continues to believe).

0313_no_smoking_lindsay_ex_tmzcomposite
Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ she's continuing on the path to a healthier life by kicking her nicotine habit ... cold turkey no less. We're told Lindsay quit about a week ago and now works out with a trainer every morning.

While LiLo has been adamant about not accepting a plea bargain that includes jail time -- Lynwood Correctional Facility ... her old haunts ... is a non-smoking detention center.

Serendipity?

0224_whatcha_smokin_footer

DANA

Not being able to buy new purse since november I would quit too.

Julie

Fact checker, TMZ? She was still smoking as of Thursday. Even stretching it, that it not "about a week ago."

Bearcat34

I love when her parents refer to her as just a young girl that is sick. She's 24 for God's sake. She has a 50 year old person's smokers voice. She has an addiction and a self entitlement issue to go along with a piss poor attitude. Folks she is no longer a Starlet. That waived bye bye around 8 years ago. The longer she is in legal issues and trouble, the smaller chance she has at ever being in a halfway decent movie again. She's going to be in nothing but Indie movies from now on, and she'll be lucky to get those roles because of her attitude. She is a haggard looking former child star with addictions. I hope she gets the full amount of time in jail w/ no early release. It would do her good and maybe save her life, regardless of the fact she'll never be in a good movie. Never a goodmovie, but quite the life. She needs to die. She is like Obama. Just safe face, and get out of office.

Jay

Looks like someone is getting ready for jail. Going home to visit family, quitting smoking. She prob will take the plea on March 23rd. I think SCH has had enough of this sociopaths BS.

lou

Quit DUIna and then we'll be impressed.

lou

Posted at 6:22 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Jay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, think you're right, Jay.

Also, I think we all have had enough of this sociopath's BS.

lou

If she's quit, that's one good thing she's finally done for her body, since we know she's out partying again. However, her working out with a trainer? I'm not buying it. I'm not believing that she has the discipline to do it, as she doesn't have the discipline to stop drinking and drugging. Not really believing that she's stopped smoking either, for the same reason, but whatever. One smart thing she's finally done, if she has.

No doubt just some more BS brought to us by Dina Lohan to pay for Lindsay's coke and lawyer.

Tyrone

for all white man out there who dinks he hung more than me send me pics at www.mumbatabigblackmonster.com. I love playing with myself and stroking it for white man. I perform head on myself for white people to see I smack it on my face to and shoot load in my mouth.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

lindsay for president

Hep

Wow, first Colin Farrell stops smoking and now Lindsay Lohan? If those two can stop....anyone can (and should)!

Truth

INSTEAD OF SMOKING CRACK IMMA SURE SHE WILL USE INJECTABLE DRUGS. HER VEINS BE POPPIN!!

Davey Boy

If true, that is a very good sign. As an ex-casual smoker, I understand the negative effects smoking cigarettes can have on your physical and emotional psyche. A good step in the right direction.

(see normalperson, I can say something nice about Lindsay when it's appropriate).

jwoolman

She has all the signs of a nicotine addict (most heavy smokers are, it's an extremely physically addictive drug, which is why ciggie companies want to entice the young and stupid so they'll have them for life). I would wonder about "cold turkey", not too likely to work long-term in that case, those who can do that without too much trouble are generally not physically addicted. Gradual withdrawal and other help is usually needed. But maybe it dawned on her that smoking is bad for her skin and that gave her some motivation. And maybe she did get medical help to get her through it and is thinking "cold turkey" means "stop immediately with patches and drugs etc." ... Uh, no.

But maybe she's already cut down quite a bit, and that would make it more feasible to just stop at some point.

jwoolman

I think Lindsay has a naturally raspy voice (Miley Cyrus likewise), so that might not be all due to the ciggies. If she definitely gets off them entirely for a long period, will see if her voice changes. It is an odd habit for someone who wants to be a singer, wreaks havoc with your lung capacity among other things such as smoker's cough.

Also people keep claiming she's going bald - but as I recall, she's always had a high forehead (look at pics from her childhood) and it doesn't look like female pattern baldness at all to me (google that to see real pictures of it).

She could of course have temporary hair loss due to physical or emotional stress (but that does grow back), although I don't see anything obvious myself. Don't know about damage done by hair extensions and the endless bouncing between hair colors, though. Depends on what kind in both cases. She might be still young enough not to show effects from those.

lou

Posted at 7:34 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by jwoolman

~~~~~~~~~~

Hadn't thought of it but constant change of hair color can cause baldness. That's what's responsible for Elton John's baldness.

If you look at where her hairline begins at the top of her head, especially when she has her hair scraped back, you can see that it's farther back than when she was younger. It's very far back for such a young woman.