'Celeb' Rehabber Mike Starr -- Funeral Plans on Hold

3/15/2011 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr won't be getting a funeral for another few weeks -- we're told, the medical examiner put the family's burial plans on hold ... in order to perform more tests on Mike's body.

0308_mike_starr_EX_VH1
No word yet on what tests still need to be done ... but Mike's family ain't waiting around -- we're told they're holding a memorial without Mike's body this Sunday in Seattle for friends and family ... to give them a chance to pay their respects early.

Once Mike's body is back in the family's possession, sources tell us, they plan to hold TWO funeral services -- one for fans, and one for family.

As we previously reported, Mike died suddenly last week in a Salt Lake City home -- after mixing methadone and anxiety pills.

marie hines

when i heard this news i was so sad. i watched him in celeberity rehab and i hate it that it didnt work out for him. he looked and acted like a good person with a big heart.

Robin Mink

I hope that Mike's family doesn't read the negative comments that have been written here. Mike was a good guy, always sweet and kind. The people that write the negative comments write them about everyone. Mike knew that. I never heard Mike say anything negative about anyone. Perhaps these people should follow his example.

david

you have to rememeber all a--holes have to say negative things to make there self bigger..well NOT!!...what if this was someone in you family or someone you love and I would say Negative things about them and I don't even know them or if it was you that passed away you know as good as I do you don't want your family or the people you love to see me say something bad about you..but anyways my Prayers go out to his wife and Family and mike you got fans out here that will miss you dude..drugs are not joke like alot of stupid people think they are there slow killers...but RIP.and to the people that got nothing better to do then come on here and run off at the mouth just keep it to your self...

GG

I wish all the douchebags on this page could be half the man Mike was. Just because you *******s didn't like his music, his attitude or anything about him doesn't mean you have to be such a d*ck when his fans just want some closure to it. Grow some balls and get over yourselves. Maybe you should get a hobby or something instead of bombarding on threads and being pricks.

RIP Mike..forever missed, never forgotten!

jbiz

Any haters out there need to tone down your ignorance, stop believing everything you see from filtered and edited rehab reality shows, and try to accept the fact that maybe you can't understand Starr's condition and or disease. You clowns were probably just bed wetters watching Barney in his band's hayday, so I wouldn't expect you to relate to their music's meaning. ALICE RULES! Much love from the east coast!

kmd

Mike Starr was one of the best musicians out there. It's a shame that he couldn't get his life together after he left AIC. He put up a great fight wanting to get clean and I tend to believe that his cause of death may be more related to deteriorating health than drugs. In any event, he was probably the hottest looking guy on the planet! R.I.P. Mike - you'll be missed!

Cass_68

I am from Seattle. I am 42 and was there when they hit it big. I was rooting for Mike to kick the habit and Dr Drew did everything to help. Mike has a lot of fans. I think the depression, anger, and frustration from losing so many friends hurt him and he could not come out of it. I feel for his family and close friends. Also, to those who have negative comments look around we have an pill epidemic. Maybe you think life is all roses but I bet each one of you know one addict. Mikes death is very sad and again my condolances to Mike Starrs family and friends he truely did give it all he had. Mike will be sadly missed. In fact Iam going to go buy the first few Cds he recorded with Alice in Chains since mine are so old in tribute to his life. He just couldnt fight the good fight anymore, it was too much for him. Thank you RIP and god bless his family, Cass

karenlynn

I am so saddened at the loss of such a nice person who I felt would help anybody and I wish I could have met him face to face cause I believe we would have been best friends!! It is almost one month now and I am still in denial somewhat and very devastated. Every day I look up whatever I can on the internet so as to feel close to him!! My love and prayers I send to his family and to all who loved him!! Love You Mike!!!

Sammi

Another loser drug addict!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3